• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dusary v Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dusary.

I have been following your thread (honest injun) :p and I am wishing you the very best of luck today. Hope the phone call gets you the result you are after.

I'm off now to trawl through my BOS statements. Just sent Halifax off on Friday. Will start my own post for BOS soon.

Best of luck once again. :)

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh - how how frustrating!! :mad:

At least they have promised to send you the last 24 years worth of statements. How naughty was she trying to be-****e you like that. It just goes to show that if you don't know your rights, you can be fobbed off by anyone.

LOL! She had to go to her line manager for clarification. Under SAR, you can request a record of that call too. :D

Let's see how the rest of the week pans out.......................

deedee xx

• Haha 1

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

OMG Dusary - me too!

I'm at work at the mo' so I'm hoping to find constructive letters from shAbbey, Crap One et al! What do you reckon my chances are? ;)

deedee

My threads

I'm still Basic (like my current credit status). I'm trying to get to Classic level. Hmmm......if I get to 150 posts do I go up a level?

Anyone.... :p

deedee

My threads

Not that we're hijacking Dusary's thread in any way!!! Oops! Sorry Dusary ;)

Hijack Dusary's thread - NEVER!!

Hello all. Sorry I've been away. I've had snatched moments reading the thread whilst at work. As I've only just started this week, I need to be on my best behaviour ;) .

Dusary I think it's great that you've had a response from the FOS. I still can't believe that you have had all this trouble just to get your statements. It's unbelievable. Here's to hoping that the end of the week will bring you your statements. The cheeky bar stewards!

On a lighter and trivial note I have even more exciting news - I have just become a CAG Classic Account Customer. The post that elevated me to this "lofty" position was Vampyra's My Capital One/Bryan Carter CCJ......

Now this sad CAG anorak is off to commence round two of sleeping.

G'nite/Good Morning all.

deedee

My threads

Hi, deedee.

Just think I should make an oopsy-woopsy ickle correction.

It's not a response from FOS - but from Information Commissioners Office!!!!

(As you'll see from the scanned letter - took ages to do, adding highlights and deleting personal references and a signature.)

It was Information Commissioners Office that suggested I should go to FOS.

Sorry!!! I thought so but it was the time of the night/morning. I'm clearly not at my best brain power-wise. :p

I stand thoroughly corrected. :D :D

deedee

• Haha 1

My threads

On a lighter and trivial note I have even more exciting news - I have just become a CAG Classic Account Customer. The post that elevated me to this "lofty" position :lol:

Nice use of my quote MacBoy! Yes post 150 was the seminal moment. Hmm any guesses how long it will take to get to Gold and how many posts are needed? I see you are WAAAY ahead of me at the moment. I want a full Visa Debit Card :p

deedee

• Haha 1

My threads

450!! Good grief. Yes Kenny please enlighten us!

I'll have no fingers left. Then again I didn't think I'd get this far so quickly - hee hee. :D

deedee

My threads

The Bank Of CAG

Terms Of Business - Account structure

Basic - No Cheque Book, Provident door-knockers ('Outdoor Financial Consultants' :D) for personal loan, no overdraft facility, extremely thin & chavvy Electron or Solo Card - Vanquis 40%APR Credit Card, £150 limit - no Cheque Book

Posts Required - 0-149

Classic - £50 Cheque Book, Standard Personal Loan & overdraft facility, Standard Credit Card with £5000 limit, Visa Debit Or Maestro

Posts Required - 150 - 399

Gold - £100 Cheque Book, Preferential Rate Personal Loan & overdraft facility, Gold** Card with £10,000 limit, Gold** Visa Debit Card. Some butt-kissing*

Posts Required - 400 - 799

Platinum - £250 Cheque Book, Unlimited Preferential Rate Personal Loan & overdraft facility, £25,000 limit Platinum** Mastercard, Platinum** Maestro Debit Card. A lot of butt-kissing*

Posts Required - 800 +

But on all accounts - no, absolutely no BANK CHARGES! :lol:

Terms and conditions apply. Read in fastest voice possible/printed in smallest font possible 'cos we're cheap-a*ses and don't want to pay for the extra advertising required for you to hear/read it properly. Subject to status. Umbrellas provided when not raining subject to withdrawal at our sole discretion when it is. Everything excluded shall be deemed included or vice versa if to our benefit. What's yours is ours. What's ours is our own. The value of your home may go up or down, but either way it's OURS, SUCKER!

*Butt-kissing subject to availability and only whilst in credit.

**Coloured

I love it - where do I sign up? BTW in the world of credit a black Amex card is the one to have (personally I don't want credit of any form ever again - but back to the thread), so can we add a Black Amex card to the list of benefits?

B***er I still have to make another 240 odd posts to upgrade to a Gold account. Can't I have one earlier for running my account as directed by the terms and conditions? :p

Dusary my apologies for the trivial posts I have been making ;)

deedee x

My threads

Sorry Dee Dee (and you'll be used to this if, like me you do have an Amex...

"We don't take Amex.." :lol:

Yep I was in charge of my last company's Amex Card. I remember that phrase well...........:rolleyes:

It makes you wonder why Amex bothers. Companies avoid accepting it because of their extortionate handling fees.

Oh well I guess the Platinum Visa will suffice. Post 800 here I come. I can't wait to boast new CAG creditworthiness credentials. LOL! It'll be better than my real life ones. Hee hee :D :D

deedee

My threads

Congratulations Dusary on your offers!!!

:D:D

Congratulations on your 1000th post!!! :D:D

It's good to see that you have made some headway!

I've just caught up with the thread after a few days. There's always so much activity here!

Los Tres Amigos estan locos!!!

MacBoy it's good to see your original avatar back. You have edged well ahead of me in terms of posts. Looks like your account upgrade is on it's way.

Kenny why did you guys have to talk about food on your thread? I have just caught up with it and at this hour of the morning I am starving. Hmmmmmmmmm...........piiiieeeeessss...............:razz:

I am sending a combined Rejection Letter and LBA to Cr*p One today, and I am counting down the days until I send my LBA to Haliprats.

On a more positive note, the new job is going well . It's weird having a job where I actually have a benefits package! I've never had one of those before. :D

Anyway I will check back later. No doubt you will ALL have added another three pages to your threads, by this evening. LOL!

deedee xx

My threads

Kenny & MacBoy!

:o We've been rumbled! :o

Ah hah!! I knew something was afoot. You're all at it! I swear I would check in one day and then when I'd catch up I'd feel as though I'd been away for a week. :p

Congrats on the new job, deedee, with all its perks!

Thank you! Benefits are healthcare, pension, dental care and Death Benefit. It's good to know that someone is preparing for my dotage and long way off demise. :)

You obviously didn't spot my new avatar!

A DELICIOUS PROPER YORKSHIRE PUD!

I sure as hell spotted your avatar. However as stated before the food talk in the morning is more than little ole me can handle. That is one seriously big Yorskire pud. Did you make it with your fair (or should that read gnarled) hands? :D Just kidding!

deedee xx

My threads

You're both incorrigible as ever!

Anyway, it's time for me to do that "going to work" thing. So I am off to get ready and oversee the girls school preparations.

Have a great day guys.

PS try and keep the thread additions short today. Hmmm I'm kidding myself!! I'm asking Los Tres Amigos - estan muy, muy, muy looocooosss!!!

:D

My threads

It's fate that brought us here to CAG!

Aint that the truth!

By the way, read my way through the thread now...MANY CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB, DEE DEE!!! :D:D

Thank you MacBoy. Yesterday marked my first week. It's good to be back in the land of employment!

...are very very mad???? :eek:

Well, I doubt we could defend that in court :lol:

No you couldn't - the evidence is in ALL your threads!

I know what you mean, my learned friend!

What am I missing? Do I need to re-read the last few posts? Hmmm knowing you three, quite possibly.

Anyway - WELL DONE to you all. I am reading this thread and it's still (unless my post takes it over), on the same page as it was this morning. :p

PS Just noticed your Avatar changes. What's today's theme guys?

deedee xx

My threads

OOOOHHHH, no fair!!!

I missed the party!! :mad:

CONGRATULATIONS DUSARY!!! :D :D :D

Do you know how long I've all waited to say that! Go get 'em. You're on a roll now. Let's hope this one opens the floodgates.

Here's Why I missed the party......... This is great news for me as it means I can buy my flat when I choose to. I'm on a mission to sort my credit file out, so that I can get a "proper" mortgage.

Anyway my belated congrats once again.

PS. I see that the thread has returned to form and is now three pages along from when I last posted. :p

deedee xxx

My threads

Hihihihi! I couldn't resist though - it was like Postal remark to a......er.....er...I'll go and think of a better analogy that won't get me in trouble!

(still, it's easy enough to register under a different identity):p:D:lol:

Hee hee -don't be naughty. :p;)

deedee x

• Haha 1

My threads

Well put as usual Dusary.

However, do you really want to speak to them on the phone? You might get Miss SixYearsThatIsAll! :mad:

Make sure you send it by Shhhpecial Delivery (sorry I couldn't resist that either).

deedee x

My threads

Hey guys I need help (and sleep)!

Please see my post Abbey POC and comment.

Thank you all.

deedee :-(

PS Dusary sorry for temp hijack.

xxx

My threads

But..... who would you choose to play you??

The mind boggles!! confused0001.gif

Loves ya!

deedee xx

My threads

ROFPMSL!!! happy0071.gif happy0071.gif happy0071.gif happy0071.gif

"Your call is being held in a queue. Please wait for the next available operator who will be with you shortly. Your call is important to us but we will get to you in our own time and not YOURS. Please be aware that calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Of course anything we DO learn from your call will not be implemented in any staff training. We record your call because WE CAN. Thank you for your patience"

Hee hee :D

My threads

I thought that I was the only one awake on the Forum at this time of the morning!

I see you've had Tokyo Rose as well!!!

I wonder whether I should have *witheld* my number.

Do you think they have a number recognition facility and thought: "Oh! Here's Dusary trying it on . . . we'll see how long he lasts."

PARANOIA?

THERE'S NOONE OUT TO GET ME -

IS THERE?

No Dusary, I don't think that there are little grey men out to get you (I think).:p;)

Tokyo Rose is a company tart. I have had the pleasure of listening to her on various company switchboards. LOL!

As for being awake at this time. I have this odd habit of sleeping and then waking up at around 4am. I come here to kill some time and try falling asleep again. As you can see it's not working!

deedee

• Haha 1

My threads

Hey MacBoy

you've us in this morning's deliberations.

Yes the Wide Awake Club is up but I don't see Timmy Mallett anywhere....where is he? Furthermore, where is my inflatable mallet?!!

Morning joesoap :-)!!

My threads

Well!

You won't BELIEVE what happened today!

I was just about to call Mr Thornton again - or at least, TRY to call him.

Doorbell rang.

Mr Postie with a Registered package marked "PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL"

I signed it and time signed it (SNIGGER! SNIGGER!)

Cut it open - expecting something in the region of, I dunno' £20k in crisp new BOS £1 notes - and what did I find?

THE BL***Y STATEMENTS I HAD ALREADY RECEIVED FOR THE TWO ACCOUNTS

"In response to Information Commissioners Office complaint"

- same date cut off points as well!

At least they were nearly all printed on Conqueror Notepaper and with posh blue logo!

So, back to Information Commissioners Office I trot!

WHAT FREAKIN' A**HOLES THEY ARE!!!

WHAT FREAKIN' A**HOLES THEY ARE indeed!!

UNBELIEVABLE :mad:

deedee x

My threads

Then I'll turn me habd to Sh'Abbey and Barclaycard.

This time I think I'll be even more agressive - and after the 14-day period has elapsed from the *PAY ME BACK WHAT'S MINE* letters have gone out - I'll just file!

Good for you Dusary. You should definitely "stick to your timetable" ;):p:D

On the shAbbey note, I filed last Friday and received my Notice of Issue yesterday. My N1 was also deemed served as of yesterday. So the 14 day countdown begins!

For what it's worth - with some of my dosh I bought a new HD 43" flat screen and moved the remainder elsewhere (clearing my overdraft, of course!0.

Remember - it IS your money!

It always was!

My award from shAbbey (£5400 including Stat Interest) will be going towards a new kitchen and bathroom and a nice weekend away for me and the OH. Oh yes - and new shoes for the children. LOL!!

deedee x

My threads

• 1 month later...

WELCOME BACK DUSARY!!!

It's good to have you back. Los Tres Amigos are back together again

:D:p

deedee xx

My threads