• Tweets

• Well, that's it then. Clear proof of the rubbish cameras. Clear proof of double dipping. G24 won't be getting a penny. Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.
    • LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
    • The first clearly visible sign as you pull in to the car park states “McDonald’s Customers Only 60 minutes” The next clearly visible sign is an almost identical sign outside Starbucks which states “60 minutes free stay for customers only” There are other signs towards the rear of the car park (away from the outlets) that have the terms and conditions on them in very small print.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NEXT Directory Statement Interest?

smartmartian10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone have any idea how NEXT apply their interest charges?

The statements and website state that they apply "a maximum monthly service charge of 2.014% added to your account when a balance is carried forward to the next month"

I have checked one years worth of statements and they are all over the place. Two of the months is a straight 2.014% on the balance carried forward. The rest are sometimes pennies sometime pounds different!

Anyone checked theirs? Anyone challenged NEXT?

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote to Next regarding interest calculations and said

I have been looking at the service charge applied by Next to the statements on the above account for the last year. I am having trouble reconciling the charges.

I note from your website;

“There will be no service charge if you settle the account in full. There is a maximum monthly service charge of 2.014% variable (APR 26.49%) added to your account when a balance is carried forward to the next month.”

On the reverse of the statements it states;

“If full payment of the current balance, as shown overleaf, has not been received by the due date shown, an interest charge calculated every month at a maximum of 2.014% variable (APR 26.49% variable) will be made on the opening balance on your next statement.”

I have only one statement in the last year where the service charge is exactly 2.014% of the balance carried forward; the other eleven are all at varying amounts. Please forward a detailed build up to the service charge on the statements from March 2006 to March 2007.

I now have a reply from Next (Bridget Parnell - Customer Relations)

"With regard to the query you raised concerning service charge, I can advise that a charge of 2.014% is applied to any balance outstanding from the previous statement. However, in addition to this, an individual charge is raised for each item billed on the new statement, for the number of days from when the approval period expired, to the date of the statement. For example, if an item was sent out on the 1st March and the statement date was the 6th, the item would appear on the statement dated 6th April. The approval period expires on 10th March, and so service charge would be applied for that item individually, for the period from the 11th March to 6th April. This is possibly the reason why the service charge does not equate exactly to 2.014% of the total amount billed on the statements you looked at, if those statements include new sales.

I will however, arrange for a breakdown of the service charges applied to your statements to be sent to you as as soon as possible."

So thats how they do it. But it is not what the statement and website say they will do!!!!!!

I have another (more important) issue with Next so for now I will not be tackling them further on this. But if anyone else has an opinion I would welcome it.

Next have written back about the interest with details on how they calculated the interest for last year and it is (almost) all as above.

But guess what - one of the months even they can not make add up! So they have credited the account with 12p!

It surely can not be right that the statements and website say one thing and they calculate the interest another way! Anyway I will not be pursuing this for now as I have other issues with Next. Lots of other issues.

You got more back from Bridget than I did, the thing is they cannot say the add interest one way and then alter it with an addition, this really is legal dynamite and very serious for them. Could you scan the letter you got back from customer ralations and PM it to me, it may be the kick up the bottom that I need to do to sort out my wife's account.

Regards

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

No good, I couldn't resists. Have written back to Next and basically said your wording is very clear "maximum monthly service charge of 2.014%". I am somewhat confused that you are in fact charging above your self stated maximum!

Please advise me where it is stated you will charge in this manner.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a reply from Bridget Parnell (this one she seems to have signed herself!)

"I have consulted our Legal Department, regarding your query, and can advise that the information about the way in which interest or service charge is calculated on new purchases, is contained in the 'Other Financial Information' section of the credit agreement."

Not sure why she needed legal department to tell it was written there! And this will be, in my case, the credit agreement that doesn't exist, she continues .....

"I note that this information is not in the original credit agreement issued to you when you opened the account with us and I have therefore spoken with our Fulfilment Manager [now thats a tough job title to do or great fun not sure which!] to establish how we inform our customers of any changes."

"I am advised that any amendments to the Credit Agreement, such as changes of interest rate or changes in approval period for example, must be communicated to customers and 30 days notice given. We notify all customers, either by enclosing details with their monthly statement, by e-mail if we have an e-mail address on file, or by sending a revised copy of the credit agreement (if the account has not been used for six months), each time it is updated."

I am not aware they can amend the Credit Agreement as she describes it!?!? Most companies revise the terms and conditions! Anyway she then enclosed a copy of the latest version of a credit agreement.

My opinion is this is just not right. Anyway as no agreement makes no difference to me. But I will pass the letter to the OFT people who are investigating and let them digest it.

Thats interesting, so they have two ways of calculating interest, I'm sure that the OFT will take great interest in that one (LOL)

I suppose the legal department is a way of scaring you, has it worked ?(LOL)

Mike

I wonder if the Fulfilment manager has a fulfilling job?

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear