no Walking Possession was signed, therefore no levy has been made?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on another thread i have just read "no Walking Possession was signed, therefore no levy has been made"

Can someone confirm or deny this and provide some evidence to back it up.

Much Appreciated

TC

Wrong I am afraid,

a "Levy" (seizure of goods) does not require a Walking Possession Agreement to be signed. A W.P.A. is a written request from a debtor that the Bailiff does not remove the goods seized at the time and that they will not be removed from the property or sold or disposed of.

Goods must have been seized in order for a W.P.A. to be given but seizure does not rely on a W.P.A. as it is done prior to the W.P.A.

The Bailiff can sieze any goods that belong to the debtor and can remove them at the first attendance if he so desire's. The idea of the W.P.A. is to give the debtor time to raise the money and to allow the Bailiff to make more charges for return attendances.

on another thread i have just read "no Walking Possession was signed, therefore no levy has been made"

Can someone confirm or deny this and provide some evidence to back it up.

Much Appreciated

TC

On a different question .........

Can a Council Tax Bailiff break in and remove goods when there is nobody in attendance in the house? (Thats what he said in a letter)

Facts of the case

• No W.P.A has been signed
  • Only one initial visit made by the Bailliff and it only involved him dropping a letter in the letter box with a view of attending at a later date - but he charged £198
  • The a/c is in regular payments
  • Bailiff has never attended the property apart the instance named above

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

Guest Herbie

In this case you confirm that he has visited to deliver a letter..he can therefore charge £22.50.

I would write a letter IMMEDIATELY, to say that you will not be allowing him into the property. That you are not in arrears.

Tell them also that you are fully aware of your rights and that you owe him no more than the £22.50

I would also say in the letter that are going to report his company because of the threatening letter that he has left. Tell the local authority and ask if they will consider taking the account back becuase of these threats.

I had much the same with a bailiff regarding Council Tax and contacted the local council about it stating that someone who was representing them was harassing me. The account was taken back by the council the same day and they agreed to the payment proposal straight away.

No he cannot,

There is no right of forced enrty by a Bailff unless he has previousl;y gained entry and is being deliberately refused re-entry. If he does call the Police and make a formal complaint of Burglary and theft.

On a different question .........

Can a Council Tax Bailiff break in and remove goods when there is nobody in attendance in the house? (Thats what he said in a letter)

Facts of the case

• No W.P.A has been signed
  • Only one initial visit made by the Bailliff and it only involved him dropping a letter in the letter box with a view of attending at a later date - but he charged £198
  • The a/c is in regular payments
  • Bailiff has never attended the property apart the instance named above