• Tweets

• Thanx Londoneill get on to it this evening having a read around these forums I can’t seem to find many success stories using your methods. So how successful are these methods or am I just buying time for him  and a ccj will be inevitable in the end. Thanks another question is, will he have to appear at court..? I am not sure he has got it in him
    • Here's a suggested modified version for consideration by the team. (Not sure whether it still gives too much away?)   RE: PCN 4xxxxx Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept, Thank you for your dubious Letter Of Claim (dated 29th April 2024) of £100 for just 2 minutes of overstay. The family rolled around on the floor in amazement of the idea you actually think they’d accept this nonsense, let alone being confused over the extra unlawful £70 you added. Shall we raise the related VAT issue with HMRC, or perhaps the custodians of the unicorn grain silos? Apart from the serious GDPR breach you’ve made with the DVLA and your complete failure in identifying the driver, we’re dumbfounded that the PCN is still not compliant with the PoFA (2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9.2.f) even after 12 years of pathetic trial and error. We also doubt a judge would be very impressed at your bone idleness and lack of due diligence regarding parking periods. Especially with no consideration of section 13 in your own trade association's code of practice and the topological nature of the Cornish landscape versus a traditional multi-storey. And don’t even get us started on the invisible signage during the ultra busy bank holiday carnage, that is otherwise known as the random parking chaos in the several unmarked, unmanaged over-spill fields, or indeed the tedious “frustration of contract” attempting to get a data connection to Justpark.  We suggest your clients drop this extreme foolishness or get an absolute hammering in court. We are more than ready to raise the above issues and more, with a fair minded judge, who will most likely laugh your clients out in less time than it takes to capture a couple of useless ANPR photos. If you insist on continuing this stupid, money grabbing quest, after having all of the above pointed out, we will of course show this letter to the Judge and request “an unreasonable costs order” under CPR 27.14.2.g and put it toward future taxis to Harlyn Bay instead.  We all look forward to your clients' deafening silence. Signed, "Spot". (Vehicle Keeper's pet Dalmation).
    • Paying DCA's one penny, never mind £50 per month is a mugs game, they have really been milking him as a cash cow   See where received a claim form is underlined in your post, you need to click, on that and read carefully, then answer the questions, then copy and paste into a post on this thread Forget the CAB ,  their advice is sometimes weird. Is it worth defending? Lowell brought these debts for 10 p in the pound , years ago, because they are flawed. Think about it! if it was such an easy win, Capital one could have taken it to court and crushed him.  It could be an invalid agreement, default notice, or many other things. In a nutshell , yes, and we can help you.
    • Origin moved to EA App... I know this all too well.  Reach out to Customer Services I would to see what they can do. 
    • Welcome - One of the team will take a look shortly
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CAGisforME -V- GE Capital/Link Financial/HL Legal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would also ask that you supply a signed true copy of the executed deed of assignment for the above referenced agreement. This is an obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Hi

I am not sure who first suggested on this site that the creditor/DCA has an obligation to send a copy of the deed of assignment under the CCA - but it is NOT correct!!

The CCA makes no such requirement and the assignee

of the debt has no 'legal' obligation to send you a copy of the deed of assignment at all!

When an agreement is assigned, the assignor or assignee is required to send the debtor written notice of it, either before or just after it occurs - but they often do not.:evil: This is usually just a letter advising you of the fact.

However, if the new owner of the debt starts court action against the debtor he will have to show (if the debtor pleads it as part of a defence) that he legally owns the debt, that he has advised you of the fact and that he does have a valid deed of assignment.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

• 2 weeks later...
this is my opinion, based on what i've read in other threads...

if the agreement they sent you was unsigned then it would be unenforcable in a court and they would have to produce the true agreement or a copy, with all the terms specified, including your signature

The DCA are acting illegally if they persue a debt which they cannot prove was assigned to them, so they DO have to send you a copy of the deed of assignment, if they don't this amounts to fraud

They clearly have not complied with your CCA request, it seems to me like they are trying it on a bit now, probably hoping that you are ignorant to the law

as for them insisting you enter into discussion about repayments, no chance! Hopefully someone else will advise you what to do now, but if the CCA request was not honoured then surely they have now defaulted?

Hi

A creditor/DCA is under no legal obligation to send you a copy of the 'Deed of Assignment',and it is not part of a CCA request. They are, however, supposed to send you written notice of the assignment but many do not!

However, IF pleaded by the debtor, they would have to show the actual Deed in court.

The CCA requires that ALL copies sent to the debtor under it's various sections must be legible, so they have not yet complied with their obligations.

In the 'unreadable' document they have sent, can you make out any part's of the small print that might be referring to any of the following:

The credit limit (or a statement as to how it is to be decided and notified to you

The Interest rate

The amount/frequency of repayments.

These are all 'prescribed terms' and ANY agreement that does not contain all of them is totally unenforceable.

Regards, Pam

• Haha 1

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi pam,

You are right, they are under no legal obligation, due to the fact that the D of A in many cases, will contain information relating to other debtors. But it is part of every CCA request I've seen and if they can't prove they own the debt, or have been assigned to collect it, then equally the debtor is under no obligation to enter discussion in terms of payment (according to the OFT) and if they did send out a letter initially to prove they had the right to collect, then they should provide proof of this as they would have to in court.

DCA's really annoy me with this, when they say they do not have to provide certain bits of information....if they don't supply it, then why should anyone pay them a single penny!

There is also a requirement that the CCA they send you be unobscured and completely readable, under the consumer credit act 1974....so they have still not complied with your requests AND any altered information on it, ie, changed date is not acceptable

Hi

I have seen the template on this site for a CCA request that mentions an obligation under the Act to send a copy of the DOA but this is not part of any sections of the CCA so I don't know why it was written in that way.

I also agree that a debtor should insist on proof of assignment but a written notice of assignment is all that is legally required unless and until the debtor puts the DCA to proof in any court proceedings.

If they don't send any notice then IMO the best way to gather info. as to when/how they acquired the debt is by way of a full SAR - i.e. asking for all data from all relevant filing systems. I would recommend this for anyone doing battle with a creditor/DCA anyway as it may throw up all sorts of potentially useful info. and can be well worth the tenner!

Regards, Pam

I was going to get the full SAR away on Tuesday.

Should this go to Link Financial, who HL Legal are acting for and who HL claim own the debt?

or GE Custom, the original Creditors?

Thanks

Hi

I would send it to the original creditor. They should have recorded when the debt was assigned, who too, and in what amount. Also, if you had any charges applied by them, you should receive details of these as well as long as you emphasise FULL SAR.

Regards, Pam

Hi

Personally I wouldn't make any mention of the time limit, how much longer they've got or the consequences of not complying in time. Why help them in any way to understand their own obligations? They should know this and if they don't, what are they doing in the credit industry?

Also, they are not legally obliged to send a copy of the Deed of Assignment at all (although they would need to produce this in court if you insisted upon it). What they should have sent (but often don't) is a written notice that the agreement has been assigned, normally in the form of a letter.

Regards, Pam

Hi

Yes, the rest of the letter is fine. Have you SAR'd the original creditor yet? If not, do one and request ALL data from ALL relevant filing systems. You should then get info as to who they sold it to and when.

Regards, Pam

FULL SAR to GE Custom:

The Data Controller

Rip-off Bank Ltd

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

Dear sir/Madam

Please supply me with a complete copy of ALL relevant data, from ALL relevant filing systems held by you, that in any way relates to me as a data subject.

[Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response] I'm not sure why you are including any of this bit - it is intended to find evidence of manual handling of your account and is only really of any relevance if you are intending to reclaim any penalty charges. If you are, then of course leave it it.)

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10 and understand that you have 40 days in which to comply.

Yours faithfully

[Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee].I wouldn't put in any of this either - Never show your hand! ;)

Will this do for the Full SAR Pam?

Have adjusted the letter to the DCA (HL) and Ill get that away tomorrow, it's ready to go.

If the above is ok for the full SAR I will send that tomorrow too.

:)

Hi

Keep it short, simple and professional and never give them any prior knowledge of your intentions. I have re-jigged the letter but it's only a suggestion. :)

Regards, Pam