How long until money clears?

furzle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I sent off my acceptance letter this week... yippeee!

I just wondered if those of you who have already had money back could let me know how long it took before the money arrived in your account or the cheque arrived or whatever?

This seems to be as mixed as all the other responses we are getting - some arriving quickly, some needing to be chased up etc.

How was it for you?

7-11-06 Requested statements from bank

11-11-06 Statements received

3-2-07 Finally send letter demanding repayment of £1,993.81

8-2-07 received first bog off letter - 'sorry to hear you are dissatisfied - passing you to customer services...'

21-3-07 letter ofering full refund of charges (£1037) less the contractual interest. As have NOT filed to court yet, am accepting payment of charges.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to know this.

I accepted RboS offer on 22/03/07, and still have not been paid.

I accept we have just had a double bank holiday, but could really use this money.

I will be ringing them again at 9am, and was hoping someone could advise me how to persuade them to cough up, rapid!!:)

I am going to send another letter saying that I will be persuing it through the court as before if I don't have it by the end of this month. Otherwise I can see this lasting indefinitely.

8-2-07 received first bog off letter - 'sorry to hear you are dissatisfied - passing you to customer services...'

21-3-07 letter ofering full refund of charges (£1037) less the contractual interest. As have NOT filed to court yet, am accepting payment of charges.

Just spoken to the lady at customer services and she says my acceptance reached them on 29th March and it will be within 14 working days that it clears. Hope this is true.

Bless her, I made a comment about what a busy day she must be having after a double bank holiday and she said "Yes, it has been busy. Having Easter this weekend as well hasn't helped - you'd think with the two bank holidays one after the other they might have decided to move Easter to another weekend, but there you go"

Aw...

Finally got through, and guess what, databases are down.

I am to ring back tomorrow, but apparantly they are swamped, and were overambitious when they estimated 14 days. I am getting really angry with them. This is after trying for the best part of a day to get through.