JDC v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a long wait and much difficulty I have my statements for the last six years which totalled to over £500. When they arrived the envelope had been opened and was in a clear plastic bag with the words "Our Sincere Apologies" from the Royal Mail. Sent letter before action and have had no response from the Halifax. It was sent recorded delivery and the website informs me it was recieved.

The 14 days are now up!

Time to hit em with the small claim or should I wait for some response?

Did you sent the preliminary letter first? That usually will give the bank 28 days when you count the LBA letter.

If not, I'd give them another 7 in writing (your choice of course - read the wording of your letter to them carefully), but if so, go ahead with your claim.

Good luck.:-)

[

The statements were requested over the phone, so no preliminary letter was sent. The Letter before action was posted on the 28th April which stated 14 days.

Spoke to Halifax, and they are getting a response to me. If I don't here from them by the end of the week I'll go ahead with the claim.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks