can i claim on closed GE capital account?

Lolly82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, back when i was a student i had a topshop card by GE money on which i defaulted. The money owed to them was paid and the account closed, can i still request copy statements for this account and can i still claim my charges back? any info much appreciated :)

it was closed in 2003 but don't think i opened it till late 2001/early 2002. I've got my account number, my account was handed over to a debt collectors when i defaulted. I called GE but they said i had to contact the bedt collectors. I called the debt collectors and told them i wanted statements which they said they would request from GE for me and there would be no charge? this didn't sound right to me, i thought there was a £10 charge? any ideas

Well the problem is that this is their word and it might mot materialise, you could send a SAR with the £10 as you rightly said and this would go to the original debtor, GE.

To get statements with said charges on it alter the following to suit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html