What is the best thing to do next

Anitaxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I have waited over 40 days for my duplicate bank statements, and have sent me first request letter for a full refund.

Apparently, my complaint is being looked into, but no statements.

I will be sending my letter before action tomorrow via recorded deliv.

I didnt understand faqs 100% about what I need to send the bank regarding breech of the Data p.a

I want to send this letter b4 action, but I as I havnt got any details concerning all the charges applied to my account or the whole amount owed to me,I only have a estimated amount. Am I still able to send the letter

Can someone give me some suggests

thanks in advance :)

hi

I didnt want to just post new thread in the actual bank thread, it is abbey national

I have phoned them on numerous occasions,and also been into the branch whwre the account was opened, and the request had been definantly logged at that point the request was logged, I was then told 2 weeks ago there was No record of my request logged.

So i have resent my p.letter also stateing that I have not recieved the requested information after 2 months of constant requests, and that I am now taking it further with a letter before action

hi

I didnt want to just post new thread in the actual bank thread, it is abbey national

It is important that the thread is in the correct forum, as different banks use different tactics. I will now move the thread, and shortly will answer your question.

Did you order the statements by using the DPA request in the Bank Template Library?

Abbey are seriously behind with dealing with the Data Protection Act requests, and those who have not used that method will have no likelihood of receiving statements for quite a while.

I also note that you are sedning the Letter Before Action, does this mean you have already sent the Preliminary Request for Repayment?

Thanks for moving the thread.

No I did not send the template, i sent the request for repayment of charges, waiting the 8 weeks for the duplicate statements, I was told everytime i requested these, that they were being sorted out.

Unfortunately I belived them, I also offered to pay for these but was told i did not need to.

So i have actually missed the template that I did need to send, because of this will I need to start all over.

I sent the prem letter two weeks 2 weeks ago

Okay, my advice is this.

Send a DPA request as per the template, include the £10 fee, and send recorded delivery.

Send your Letter Before Action, but include within it a note to say that the amount you are claiming is an estimate, due to their delay in sending statements which were ordered on xxxxx, and that you are reserving the right to make a further claim should it prove necessary, after you have obtained the requested documents.

Hi

Would it be ok if I sent now,the dpa request the same time as the 'Letter Before -Action', i realise I am meant to give them 40 days to supply me with the requested info, but I have already spent 2 months chasing them for my bank charge details. Can I cut this time limit down to 14 days , the same amount of time for them to reply to the 'Letter Before Action'

I have actually sent the L.B A letter today via recorded as I could not get onto the site for most of the morning, so I thought that might have just been the best thing to do.

Ok, what I might just do , now that i have sent the lba, ill also send the dpa request with a cover letter explaining the situation.

From there it will be up to them.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks for advice. :)

( I also have a thread in the general that you have been replying to, these are associated so hopefully you can give me some advice there too)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks