• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Liasmum v HBos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:D My cheque has been cashed today so heres hoping i get my statements through soon. How long do HBOS normally take once cheques been cashed?

They told me that they have 40 days after they cash your cheque to provide you with the data. Give them a call at their customer relations number and ask if they can push it through for you. I had mine within 2 weeks after I did this.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lisamum,,

As far as I know it is 40 days from the date of your letter NOT 40 days from whenever they decide to cash you cheque.

My son is also claiming from the same bank and his 40 days where up on Monday. I told him to phone them and tell them that the 40 days have expired and they have to next Monday 16th April to deliver his statements. If not he will be sending a letter to the I.C. and also starting a court case against them for damages.

He also informed them that if he complained to the I.C. the bank automatically gets fined £360. for non compliance of the Data Protection Act and if the complaint is found to be justifyed they could also be fined £5,000, also the DPA Officer could be jailed.

The person that my son spoke to did not know that they only had 40 days to send out the statement. I do not know whether to believe that.

I personally would phone them and tell them all of the above and see what they say to you.

I got all of this information on this site.

Eileen

HBOS and Clydesdale both told me it's 40 days from when they cash your cheque. I thought it was from the date of your letter too, but I know that they are really far behind with all the requests.

I sent my SAR on 9th February and still haven't had my statements from Halifax Credit Cards.

Hi Lisamum,

My son received a letter from bos today concerning his phone call and they have said that he will receive his statements within 2 weeks. Well that isn't good enough so a letter will be sent of the the Information Commisioner today.

I think that they are so swamped with requests that you only get dealt with when you complain.

Eileen

Hi Lisamum,

Why don't you give them a phone to remind them that your 40 days are up soon and if you do not receive your statements by the 24th you will be writing to the Information Commissioner to complain. Remind them that if the I.C. find in your favour the bank can be fined £5,000. It does help to remind these people that the people out here know some to the law.

A lot of people just think that writing to the banks and c.c. is all that you need to do, but we know better.

Eileen.

I sent one subject access request letter by recorded delivery to the Bank of Scotland (cos they appeared to ignore the hand delivered one 12 days earlier), on 20/3/07 asking for 5 years of statements on each of my three accounts and authorised the bank to debit a £5 or £10 fee as required for each account.

So far I've only got statements for one account (and there is still a years worth missing) and no statements for the other two accounts. The nice customer services letter, which accompanied the statements,suggested that was all they were going to send. And so in order to avoid further delays by suing them in court I sent another strongly worded letter with a copy of the first again requesting the missing statements.

The Bank of Scotland's response was to make me an offer, this morning, of £3,595.00 as a 'goodwill go away gesture'.

The charges on the statements I've received so far already total £6,171.00 inc interest.

In anticipation of them not providing the requested information, I've made an appointment with a solicitor and I intend for him to fire a couple of warning letters across their bow and perhaps sue the bank under the Data Protection Act.

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest a better course of action.

Cheers.

Big Grambo (Graeme)

Phoned halifax and got a nice wee irish guy. He says the addy i sent my stuff to was wrong it should all go to customer relations po box548 leeds Ls1 1wu or emailed to customer relations @halifax .co.uk. He says that even though i ve not recieved my stuff i can still put in a claim now then forward the list of charges once they come. This gets my claim started so im not waiting in a queue.he says my statements will be here in 7 days.

I have another account in my own name ;) and also a visa that is way over limit and get charged everymonth. Also i havent had a statement from the visa for 3 years do u think it would be worth phoning them up and asking for them free.

Haha stevie lets hope she does nt try and claim them back.

I actually hope she does try, think it would be hilarious,

As for your other accounts, you can try requesting the statements over the phone, but as i always say, the best way is to send off a S.A.R for any info you want, that way you cant be fobbed off or messed around, and you have some protection and comeback with the law