• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

towigk/ 2andsue v halifax ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After recently winning my money back off lloyds i decided to go to the missus` c/acc and sent off a S.A.R . I got it back today only to find it differs from the one lloyds sent.

As it is not just the charges and reasons for them, but full statemets that only say charges as notified. Which look like £5.00 (account fee i presume as it`s at the end of every month) and also some say "charges as notified £33. £1.90 interest debited-notified last month"

So my questions are

1. Do i just fill in the first simple spreadsheet column as charge with the date. As i am only presuming it`s a penalty charge because it goes into no detail on the statement.

2. Is the "Interest debited £1.90 - notified last month" classed as the overdraft interest accrued by those charges. Therefore enabling me to add those to my claim (at the appropriate time,after the lba i think or is that just the sec69 8% interest, oh lordy lordy im all confused again lol) thanks for your replies.

Hi -- charge as notified will be fine. That's all I put on my schedule and it did the trick!!

If you don't have an overdraft and are only overdrawn because of the charges then you can claim the interest. However, if the charges are partly for an agreed overdraft and partly through charges, I think that's where it gets a little complicated (to complicated for me anyhow!).

Halifax do seem to be one of the better ones (dare I say it) for settling before court. They did in my case and many others. If whoever is looking after your case on the day doesn't want to play ball, and you end up issuing court papers, then at least you can claim you "little xtra from Howard Halifax in the way of the 8% interest.

Have read of my Halifax thread to see my timescales!

Best wishes.

Jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that advice,

1.The monthly £5.00 fee i said i thought was an account fee ended on 30/9/02 so maybye not a fee(but it`s a bit low for charge)

So has anyone any idea what that will have been?Or should i ring the bank and ask?

2. When looking through my statements i noticed i missed off two charges of £33, any one any ideas on what i can do with that balls up?(i`ve already seny my prelim letter and schedule)

Jaxads your right when you say Halifax seem better in respect of paying up ,but i just got back the standard letter saying they intend to adress my concerns within 4 weeks but they are entitled to eight , so it looks like i`ll be sending off an L.B.A when 2 weeks have passed .After reading a few threads it seems a lot of people have been made offers almost immediatley (why not me?paranoia kicking in,but on the upside it`s more money if it goes to a claim yeeeeeha!) Thanks for any replies.

Hi towigk

I've had a few of those £5 charges. My friend received her statements and had 14 of those charges running from 2001 - 2002 and then suddenly stopped again.

She's queried this with the Halifax, and they admit it could only be a charge for copies of statements or copies of cheques. At the moment, they are 'investigating' it as they fully admit they have no idea why the charges were applied.

Make you wonder?

Of course they can be claimed for! Have you ordered copies of statements or cheques?

These £5's look like they've been taken from many peoples accounts for no reason whatsover.

Or Charges as Not Notified :-)

The only thing i can think of what i did that reguarly (before online banking) was to get statements out of the cashpoint, but surely they couldn`t charge £5.00 a month for that.As for copy statements i cannot think of requesting any at all same with the cheques.icon5.gif

There's no way that a little statement from a cash machine would cost a fiver. And they would have said this was the case when my friend queried hers. Instead they are 'investigating'. Neither of us have ever requested a copy statement or cheque either.

Someone has had their fingers in the till. Blatantly.

I had these £5 charges too, with no explanation. Starting on 31/03/2001 (maybe earlier but thats when my statement request starts) then every month up until 31/12/2001.

I did noticed that the 11th month was missed out, but i got a £33 charge that month so i must have been let off!!!!

26/02/07 - Statement Request

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent (requesting £500)

20/03/07 - LBA Sent

04/04/07 - Started Court Claim (requesting £678:54 including 8% & Costs)

05/04/07 - Received Part Offer (£348 )

06/04/07 - Rejected Offer !

10/04/07 - Papers deemed served on Halifax. Have until 24/04/07 to admit ir defend.

11/04/07 - Halifax filed acknowledgement of service , intending to defend ALL of claim.

26/04/07- SETTLED IN FULL - INCLUDING COURT COSTS & INTEREST.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it`s L.B.A day so i will get that sent off with an ammended schedule of charges (i missed out two when scouring the many,many,many statements)it will be okay to mention about it in an attached letter in my L.B.A won`t it?

Sorry for no replies to my last two posts but i wasn`t notified by email about them. Surely somebody knows what these charges are for, as everyone seemed to get them.

I also only got charged(the £5) in the months when no penalty charges were made.

Morning Towigk

Yes, you can keep on adding charges right up until you file your court papers, so just add the other two on and send a new schedule of charges with your LBA. Sorry, but I cannot help with the £5 charges, as I've no idea what they're for!!!

Happy Easter --- jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

How many have you had?

This could have been quite a lucrative sideline for someone :-)

I had ten charges of £5 (only when there was no penalty charge that month) between 23/3/01 and the last on 30/9/02.

Morning Towigk

Yes, you can keep on adding charges right up until you file your court papers, so just add the other two on and send a new schedule of charges with your LBA. Sorry, but I cannot help with the £5 charges, as I've no idea what they're for!!!

Happy Easter --- jaxads

Thanks for that jaxads and a happy easter to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter off Mr Lyttle today offering a "goodwill"(yes good for them as it`s short by half nearly) full and final settlement of £347.

After studying the rejection of offer letters, I have gone for letter 3 as it`s only 2 days before i was due to file a court claim.

I have given him a little more time (4 days) to respond to my letter as ideally I would have liked to have made rejection by phone but i`m acting on behalf of my partner and she would not be comfortable talking over the phone,and i don`t think they will discuss it with myself or can anyone tell me any different?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just recieved a letter from Helen Martin the customer rel manger in Leeds asking me to contact her regarding reaching an amicable agreement over my complaints.

The problem is i`ve done it all so far and my missus has not got a clue regarding the claim. Does anyone think they will speak to me about it?

Also has everyone else started to recieve these letters from the Halifax just after the lloyds tsb win as i think she is going to refer to this and try and talk me out of it or try to give me a lower amount,any feedback appreciated thanks.

After ringing up last Monday to see if i could talk to the customer relations manager they told me i would have to put in writing that my partner (whose account it is ) gives me permission to talk about her claim. So i thought okay i`ll get thaty done, but only four days later the head office wrote me a letter saying they had not admitted the claim but would pay it in full as it is not cost effective to defend as it`s in the small claims court .YEEEEEEHAAAAA!

Also has anyone found about the mystery £5 deductions?

CONGRATULATIONS...!!! :D :D

Thats great news. Do you have any more claims to do?

Dont forget to take the survey.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks money the timing couldn`t be better as it`s starting to bite after being on the sick for 3 months after breaking my back,chest and neck bone and my little finger in a fall at work, i got the good news after returning home( and feeling not too much pain) after my first day back at work.

I was starting to flap a little after lloyds won as i thought all the banks would play on it and if possible drag it out even more.

Good luck to you and everyone else reading and thanks for your help.:)