hiya from a newbee!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

thought i'd just post to say hi to all you fellow CAG'ers, been lurking on here for a while after being pointed in your direction from moneysavingexpert.com.

really glad that there are sites like this one helping out those that have been messed around by the banks and other financial institutions for far too long, it has been far to easy for banks and the like to hide behind there confusing wording and complicated procedures, this linked with lack of knowledge and general apathy, has been ended by sites like this. if the banks hadn't got me so messed up financialy i would be donating money to keep this site running....... if (when) i get my charges back i will certainly do that.

but claiming back charges is only a small part of it, if i don't make changes to my lifestyle i will be back in the same position in a years time.

I do have some questions but will check through the FAQ's and old forums first cos i'm sure someone will have asked before.

all that leaves is to say hello, and look forward to all your help and support in the future, and when i'm sorted helping a whole load of other newbee's like I have been helped.

TTFN

matt

if the banks hadn't got me so messed up financialy i would be donating money to keep this site running....... if (when) i get my charges back i will certainly do that.

but claiming back charges is only a small part of it, if i don't make changes to my lifestyle i will be back in the same position in a years time.

I do have some questions but will check through the FAQ's and old forums first cos i'm sure someone will have asked before.

all that leaves is to say hello, and look forward to all your help and support in the future, and when i'm sorted helping a whole load of other newbee's like I have been helped.

TTFN

matt

You will go far Matt!

welcome to CAg, may your claim go smoothly! :-D

Crusher :-D

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

You sre starting in the right place with the faq's.Please also find your banks forum and start a thread, head it jt2k6 or matt V (banks name)

Also for a feel of the process involved in reclaiming unlawful charges read some of the successes in that forum.

The banks template letters can be found in this link;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Stick to the timescale given in there and don't let the banks push you about or delay things.

Also there is live chat where you can ask questions, many people are there to help.

Good Luck,

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales left.

• Haha 1

You sre starting in the right place with the faq's.Please also find your banks forum and start a thread, head it jt2k6 or matt V (banks name)

Thanks for the advice, it would be JT2k6 & Mrs JT2K6 vs loads!

my wife just got charged £105 for going 3 pounds overdrawn for 2 days!

how do they get away with it?

ttfn

Hi JT2k6 & Mrs JT2K6

They don't get away with it, I think before tou go much further it would be a good idea to switch banks;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/58685-do-you-need-parachute.html

Currently the Halifax are doing a free switching service and offering a £100 incentive for doing so. I know they are another of the worst offenders but at least you can get a few quid out of them.

I will keep an eye on your thread.

Good Luck.

Happyolddog.

Thanks for the advice, it would be JT2k6 & Mrs JT2K6 vs loads!

my wife just got charged £105 for going 3 pounds overdrawn for 2 days!

how do they get away with it?

ttfn

I got a charge for going over 35pence last week.

PS, Dog has given you some good links there, there are some more in my signature.

• Haha 1

opened a new account,

unfortinatly poor credit rating has meant that can't open a current account, had to open an easycash account with them,

(would love a current account really need the extra features, does anyone know of any current accounts that cater for people with poor credit ratings)

all the links have been a great help,many thanks to you all,

it's not going to be easy, but i couldn't ask for better support

ttfn