one quick Q before I post LBA

hepburn07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Barclays 14 days from my prelim letter have come and gone, so I want to post my LBA tomorrow.

Barclays did send me a 'it may take us up to a month to deal with your complaint' letter on Friday'

The template LBA letter opens with 'I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter' .... any suggestions as to what to change that to to reflect "I don't care that you say it will take a month to look at my complaint ... I'm going ahead with action regardless" kind of thing.

Ta

Jx

Hi I also am in the same predicament. The only difference is, is that I didn't act soon after they sent this letter (or 14 days) and last week they have sent me an offer of £480 rather than £1187. There is also a Customer Acknowledgement form for me to sign and send away which basically says that I accept their settlement offer as full and final.

Do I still send the LBA with the Advo8's amendment (see above) or do I use one of the variant of member: jonni2bad's Rejection Letter?

Thanks for your ideas Advoc8 - I have the envelope addressed, copies printed and spare schedule attached and ready to post.

I had originally typed "I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond constructively to my letter of 26.02.2007, within a time I find acceptable. Whilst I understand that your department may take some time to fully investigate complaints, I feel that in this case, resolution is simple and achievable within the original timeframes quoted."

And then thought .... bugger it ... lets keep it short and sweet and just stuck with "I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond constructively to my letter of 26.02.2007, within a time I find acceptable."

End of! The less I write, the fewer opportunities they have to get pedantic and respond again, slowing things down once again.

Jx

Being succinct generally makes you sound more like you know what you're doing.:)

Negotiations like these are a bit of a ritual dance really. There are steps each party has to go through before the end goal is reached so I say the less energy you have to expend to go through the steps the better for you.

Hope all goes smoothly.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

• 3 weeks later...

Woo hoo, got my money back!

Well some of it at least. This post relates to a piddly little £60 claim that I'm still waiting to hear back about (closed account might be taking longer). But I also had another Barclays claim running 4 days later worth nearly £500. Sent the LBA for the latter on the 15th March, and today got a letter offering a full refund of all. Lucky they got in cos I was going to launch the court process on Monday or Tuesday.

Happy Days!

Jx