Gill v Clydesdale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I posted my SAR away on 25th January. Received a reply saying it would be dealt within 40 days. I still haven't received them & their 40 days are up on Tuesday 6th March (this Tues). What should I do now? Phone them tomorrow? Anyone? Gil :confused:

Just a quick question (sorry to hijack your thread) but do they have 40 calendar days or 40 working days to provide the information? If it's 40 woking days they effectively have 8 full weeks from the date of your letter.

If it's 40 days, mine are due back by 23rd March but if it's 40 working days then they have until 6th April.

Hi. I heard a radio news report the other day which revealed that a lady had recieved some £16,000 in charges refunded. She went through the Financial Ombudsman! So it seems that in order to avoid the paultry limit on small claims actions in Scotland (£750) and the alternative of a Summary Action or even, worst case scenario an Ordinary Cause procedure which is complex and can be more risky for the Pursuer in terms of possible expenses should you lose the cause, It would be wise to consider the Ombudsman. You can't use the Ombudsman if you have already taken court action. So try this first and then you still have the option of court action.:oops:

Is supposed to be 5 years in Scotland -(although I'm going for 6!)

No, send interest at court claim stage.

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

The 5 year limit is because we have a different 'statute of limitations' here, it is nothing to do with the banks, it's actually the court that states they are only liable for up to 5 years. There is probably no harm in asking for 6 years worth in your prelim and lba letters, but when it comes to issuing your court claim you can save the court and yourself hassle by just claiming the last 5 years.

There is also a theory, that we should always look like we know what we are talking about, and by asking for 6 years when you know you can only claim 5, you may be showing a lack of knowledge, and encourage them to give you the runaround. Hope this helps.. .. ..

Thanks Stevo, The letter went away this morning but I will change it if & when I apply to the courts. Had read a few threads where people had claimed 6 years in Scotland. Cheers anyway, Gil

Thats what to do gill I mistakenly sent for six years and got it down to the five when it came to court,You can actually ask the banks for as many years as you`ve had an account in your SARs

best Mike.