Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. This topic was closed on 03/06/19. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. Hi stigman what is the name given to the final letter you mentioned it before, but I can't seem to find it When contacting the Ombudsman, do I need to send all the details to them, i.e. the contact etc, or just explain why I think the bank are wrong to dismiss my section 75 claim stigman
  3. Thanks unclebulgaria67 and stigman. I have complained to the bank again via email, asking for top management to look at the case again, I will ask the bank for the final letter, if that does not work, so then do I have to go through the motion of the FSO , and when they refuse take the claim to court ? I am Scottish, we don't have county courts per se. Think it maybe Glasgow district court, so if any Scots can help on that one I would be much obliged... Will do some research though the bank agreed with holiday club that the 2nd part of the deal was a legal contract on a seperate entity. My wife and I were in the room with one person and we are both adamant that an uncancable clause was never mentioned. The 14 day cooling off was for the gran canaria part of the deal. But holiday club are saying the 2 week world wide deal was not cancable and the bank agreed.
  4. Thanks for your reply. How do I complain to the bank ? The DCA ARE intrum justitia Hi Stigman Thanks for your reply. The bank has already told me to go to the ombudsman if I did not agree with the decision, so I guess that's my next move. is there any good templates for writing to the ombudsman, or just tell it like it is
  5. Hi All I hope I am posting in the corret thread here, if not can admin move it... I signed up for a deal with Holiday Club in Gran Canaria, and when I got home I started asking around forums if they were ligit. People PmD ME from the GC forum and told me not to touch them with a barge pole, as they never give you the dates that you ask for, when you want to take your holiday. Long story short. I used the 14 day cooling off period when I got home, and decided to cancel. In the contract put in front of me, it clearly said that I could cancel. But hidden in the back of the forms, was a clause that I could not cancel the second part of the dea,l as the deal was for 2 weeks world wide holiday and 3 weeks in GC or mainland Spain. I paid £600 deposit by CC with the option to pay another £600 in 14 days after I was home. I attempted to claim the initial 600 back under section 75, my bank Santander, said it was a forgone conclusion that I would get the money back. A week later they called me, after holiday club had contacted them, and changed their tune. Angry enough at that, I put it down to a bad experience. But ow they are pursuing me for the other £600 through a debt collection agency based in Dublin. What I would like to know is if they can take me to court if I refuse to pay ? any input greatly appreciated
  6. Thanks for this Michael we will phone them and quote this figure Mike
  7. Hi IMS thanks for your quick reply,but what are CMCs ? Mike
  8. Hi The above company did PPI claim for my wife and they took 50% of the claim for themselves,is there anyway to dispute this it was only £220 but they want exactly half . Mike
  9. Hi All Just to let you know that this is still ongoing all these months down the line. The latest update today is Tesco are not interested in pursuing the foreign trucker, they have told my daughter that they have the drivers details, but as someone said early in this thread, that because the trailer registration is different from the cab , there is nothing they can do,and that she can`t expect them to go chap his door in Bulgaria. and that the only way they will pay out is if she accepts liability for the accident. She is waiting to here back from the traffic cop who attended the accident scene. She will now officially report the accident as a crime. Mike.
  10. Hi Sam Trying to get her to do this now. And yes the trucker never got my girls details either.
  11. No what good would that do ? we have the drivers regi number and have contacted his uk agent but they are avoiding us like the plague. Are you thinking if we go via the police then the Manchester agent has to act quickly ? Best Mike
  12. Hi update is no one wants to know. the Manchester agent denied all knowledge of the email we sent them re-the accedient, and the message that was left on their answer machine. Got a hold of them on the phone yesterday, but waitting on reports they say. Could take weeks. Will post when any change. Mike.
  13. We have more hope now as we have a chance of going through something similar to MIB, won`t know till monday, will post results, this thread should help others in the future. Thanks to all of you who responded. Best Mike.
  • Create New...