John Vs The Woolwich

Codfather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent the first letter yesterday by recorded delivery. Was signed for today according to Royal Mail website.

Will enjoy this due to the way they treated me. Standing in a supermarket and found they'd cancelled all my cards even though I was in credit.

• 1 month later...

HI Cod

I sent my 1st letter on24th Feb so it's nice toknow some people are getting their statements through before 40 +2 days up. Have you got your next letter in envelope ready to send recorded tomorrow?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 2 months later...

I have just received two letters from the Woolwich. Both letters were sent on the same day with the same reference number and signatory.

The first letter repudiated the claim, the second offered a payment of £1,597.50 less an alleged debt of £78.76. This alleged debt is rubbish. The accounts only had access by electron card and had not had any outgoing payments for two months before I closed the account because of the bad service I was receiving. They had actually cancelled the Electron card two months before the account was closed and all direct debits and standing orders were cancelled two months before that. All accounts were closed with a zero balance, unlawful charges notwithstanding,.

Furthermore, they have never said before about this alleged debt.

The original claim was for £2,130.00 plus £478.17 interest making a total of £2,608.17 but the interest now stands at £503.94 making a total of £2,633.94 as of todays date.

Any comments before I respond?

If you are going to reject their offer and MCOL claim this evening for £2,633.94, I have no comment just a big cheerful :D

Interesting that list of charges they sent you failed to list a closing balance -£78.76; perhaps you could point out this contradiction within your rejection letter.

Have you checked that the Account number they quoted on the letter is definitely yours - nothing suprises me anymore. Is it possible that you had other accounts with them and they have simply quoted an outstanding balance from a satellite account/loan ?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

If you are going to reject their offer and MCOL claim this evening for £2,633.94, I have no comment just a big cheerful :D

Interesting that list of charges they sent you failed to list a closing balance -£78.76; perhaps you could point out this contradiction within your rejection letter.

Have you checked that the Account number they quoted on the letter is definitely yours - nothing suprises me anymore. Is it possible that you had other accounts with them and they have simply quoted an outstanding balance from a satellite account/loan ?

I checked my original Data Protection Act letter and I listed 2 accounts by numbers and said there could be others. I checked the reference number of the letter and it does correspond with an account number I supplied although there is a letter with a different reference number but it was only an acknowledgement.

When I closed the accounts, I was in the branch and demanded that all accounts I held with them were closed instantly and any money left to be handed over in cash as I was not going to put up with the appalling customer service. All accounts were saving accounts and if they made a mistake in their calculations, they are not on very strong ground to refer to it now as they have not broached the matter before.

I have found that the "Our Reference Number" changes with every piece of correspondence even with a singular claim/account so it doesn't appear to be a permanent file/dispute ID reference.

I think it's unlikely that they would (or could) have closed down accounts upon customer request where a negative balance existed.

I'd be inclined to ignore this issue and just get on with claiming the full amount - don't get side tracked, one of their favourite pastimes!

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :