• Tweets

• Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me  Oh well  
    • This is my slightly amended WS taking on board your previous comments, any suggestions for amendments would be most appreciated.  Thank you for you time.   1.        I am the Defendant in this matter. 2.        The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. 3.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 4.        The alleged Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address. 5.        The Judgement debt was not familiar to me so I began investigations to ascertain what the debt related to and how such a figure had been equated in any event. 6.        I made immediate contact with the Court, the Claimant Solicitors and the Claimants thereafter, asking them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.  7.        I sent a Data Subject access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided – See appendix 1 which details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclaycard as well as copies of correspondence between us. 8.        I do not admit to entering an agreement with Barclaycard in 2000. 9.       The claimant has failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis and therefore this claim should be automatically struck out.  10.    The claimants have failed to disclose a true executed copy of the original agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim. They are not entitled to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 12.   The reconstituted standard Barclaycard agreement that the claimant has included in the court bundle does not satisfy any CCA request and so the claimant is and remains in default of my CCA request and therefore unable to enforce the alleged agreement. 13.  The claimants have failed to provide proof the assignment, such as a deed of assignment. 14.  The claimant has failed to provide a statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement 15.   Despite numerous requests to the claimant, I have still not seen any evidence, such as an original agreement or deed of assignment, that substantiates the claimant’s assertion that I owe the debt to the claimant, nor evidence of how the debt was accrued. 16.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.
    • A set aside application costs £275 which is more than the judgement so not worth it. Not that they would grant a set aside anyway.  Set asides are granted, for example, to people who moved and didn't get the court papers, so have a genuine reason for not defending.  Forgetting doesn't count. Your only choices are to pay up within 30 days, or defy the court and not pay.  If the latter, we've never seen a PPC enforce judgement for a single ticket, ever, you would get away without paying - but you would have a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LTSB - No agreement! ***GAME OVER***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LTSB can't supply a true copy of the original agreement!

BLS-NoAgreement.jpg

So, i'm sending this letter on Tuesday! I've spent hours writing this! So would appreciate ANY comments/changes b4 letter is sent on Tuesday (27/02/2007)!

***BEGIN***

Mr xxxxxxxxxx,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

xxxxxxxxxx,

xxxxxxx.

Lloyds TSB,

Consumer Debt Recovery,

Queens Road Quadrant,

Brighton,

BX1 3XJ.

BLS Collections (Trading name of Lloyds TSB),

PO Box 467E,

Oxford,

OX4 1WA.

BLS Collections Reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx February 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to your letters dated 20/02/2007, addressing my agreement request from

BLS Collections and from Lloyds TSB returning the prescribed fee for such,

both of which were received on 22/02/2007.

It is the belief of BLS Collections that, "The bank is only obliged to keep some

documents for six years. The onus is on the client to keep such documents."

Whilst this maybe partially correct, it is the bank's absolute legal obligation to

comply with The Consumer Credit Act 1974 and supply a true copy of an original

agreement(/s) in full within the prescribed time limits, as requested.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974: Section 77 (4) If the creditor under an

agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)--- (a) He is not entitled, while a

default continues, to enforce the agreement; and (b) if the default continues

for one month he commits an offence.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974: Section 78 (6) If the creditor under an

agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)--- (a) He is not entitled, while a

default continues, to enforce the agreement; and (b) if the default continues

for one month he commits an offence.

Excerpt from a secondarily provided OFT complaint response:

"In circumstances like this we would view it is as unfair practice under

section 25 (2) (d) of the Act and relevant to licence fitness if a trader

failed to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate when a debt

is queried or disputed".

I am now informing you that I have cancelled the standing order payment from

my building society today and that my request as detailed above is not only in

default, but that an offence will have been committed on 02/03/2007. And that

it is now my intention to take detailed legal advise as for the purpose of

recovering all monies paid to you, and I am now aware that I am able to take

legal action against you in order to recover unlawful penalty charges

regardless of their age and within The Limitation Act 1980 including but

not limited to Section 32(1)(b) in as much that penalty charges were unlawful

but had been concealed as such by the bank.

I urge you to read the whole of this letter very carefully. As, as of today, the

xth February 2007, I no longer acknowledge any debt to Lloyds TSB. In fact,

in the near future, should you fail to address my concerns herein I will have

no option but to take legal action as detailed in the last previous paragraph.

Yours sincerely,

Mr XXXX XXXXXX.

***END***

• Haha 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeha..! I'm trying to run b4 I can walk, and jump b4 I can run...!

3 months ago I would have hidden in bedroom for a month even tho i'm 41, 6'2" & 15 stone!!!

Want it all, but should play the waiting game like they do!

02/03/2007 is the date that they commit the offence, as per the exact letter of the law, 12 days after date served and then a calender month after for the offence.

Got 3 going now!

LTSB cannot supply. (Cancelled standing order payment)

Lowell Financial (Capital One) Supplied wrong details

MINT (RBS Advanta) NEW & AWAITING REPLY

Knowledge is power!

Dave.

Hi your letter refers to both section 77 and 78 of the CCA but I was under the impression that s77 deals with fixed sum credit (loans) whilst s78 deals with fluctuating balance type facilities (credit cards) so suspect you should be referring to one or the other but not both ?

I plan to use s78 to get some defaults removed from my credit file but I personally dont agree with people trying to welch on their debts using s77/s78. Reclaiming unlawful and unfair charges is one thing but if you know this facility / debt is yours then you shouldnt walk away from it - its not morally right. Remember too that this debt will still exist although they cant enforce under currenty laws - it may be a longshot but what would happen if you dont pay this for 10 years then the government change the law and decide it can be enforced (and there is a much higher amount outstanding) ?

It's a combined debt from an old loan and old overdraft, hence both sections. I do agree with what you say about welching but the complete amount still outstanding is 100% charges that I can't claim back so am going down this route instead.

Regards, Dave.

After my high and mighty attitude in post 5, RBS have now responded to my S78 to advise that they cannot provide a copy of the agreement and "the current balance of 2.5k has been discharged and is no longer obligatory". This wasnt what I had set out to do (was originally looking for default removal).

That's absolutely fantastic news! :):D:)

Don't forget to keep that peice of paperwork..... forever!

Good luck, Dave.

• 3 weeks later...
You can start cartwheeling now Dave.... :D This is exactly what happened with one of mine... no payments for 2 months now.... yippee !!!!

I'm cartwheeling!!! Trust me! :cool:

I've just clicked your scales to. :)

Bit too late for me for this, my problems stem from the mid/late '90s. Only just started to get things going this year with the help of this excellent site and the excellent people here! From what i've read, going back past the 6 years can be tricky and I can't afford that...

Remember this...?

BLS-NoAgreement.jpg

Well today they seem to have forgotten about it! And sent this....!

bls21032007.jpg

Anyone notice how they are going to have to consider making contact by telephone!!!

I'll put a reply up before I send it.. Better go and have a careful think about it now! ;-)

:p

Seems very polite to me considering the tone of the letters back in December when they increased my repayments by 300% without consultation! Followed by the arrears letters when I wouldn't give in to them!!!

I'm thinking I should invite them for tea so I can give their heavy a copy of the NO AGREEMENT LETTER...?! :lol:

They've admitted there's no agreement/s but they're still pursuing the outstanding amount... :o

I'll be posting this letter to them on Tuesday, would appreciate comments and possible changes to letter please... Here goes.......

Mr,

Ashton Under Lyne,

Lanc's,

BLS Collections,

PO Box 467E,

Oxford,

OX4 1WA.

Reference: xXxXxXxX

27th March 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write in response to your letter dated 16th March 2007.

You will have on file that many weeks ago you attempted to increase payments on my

account by over 300% without consultation, and that my response to this was a request

to see a copy of the original agreement under the Consumer Credit Act. Your records

should also show that due to the age of the account that you were unable to fulfill this

request which was accompanied with the maximum prescribed fee for such request.

As I have proof that you cashed this payment you become legally obliged to the

timescales and provisions that are set out in the Act.

I advise you that on 8th March 2007 you committed the offence laid down in

Section 77(4)(b), and that as per Section 77(4)(a), you are not legally entitled

to enforce the agreement.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974:

S.77(4) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection(1)

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

It is also my belief that your continued pursuance of this matter also constitutes an

offence under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

It has also come to my attention that as you are unable to supply any documentation

that you will also be in breach of the Data Protection Act, and as such you should no

longer be proccessing any data in relation to me.

I now have the option of reporting you to the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards

in relation to these matters. However, prior to doing this I am giving you the opportunity to

suggest an acceptable conclusion to us both in this matter. Please be advised that if you

follow up to this letter with further threat/s that I will not hesitate to take matters further

and as suggested and without further notification.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Diskmandave.

I had a letter done last night but i've seriously got the lurgi this morning, full blown 'flu', so not feeling my best right now!

A few medicinal vodkas, and bed before 3am and i'll be right...!!!

Dave.

As someone searching for help/advice on fighting low life DCa's your posts on here have really helped lift my spirits.

Thank you

jetbags, i'm so pleased that we've helped to pick U up!

:D

If you have a specific problem, you should start your own thread so that we can try and help you, whatever your situation! I'll personally watch for your posts! :)

Just to make things a little clearer, here at the CAG, no one will ever judge you! We're all in the same boat in one way or another. I like to see us as a collective debtor never giving in to, "the misery men".

Could I suggest that you contact the Consumer Credit Counselling Service, if you have serious debt problems.

CCCS - Contact Us

They are a registered charity and are actually funded by both the Government and the credit industry itself! Their service is completely free.

CCCS FREEPHONE helpline is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday.

phone.gif

If you want to write to us our mailing address is:

Consumer Credit Counselling Service,

Wade House,

Merrion Centre,

Leeds,

LS2 8NG.

You're with us now! Someone will always be there to help!

Good luck, best regards, dave.

DMD

I have never tasted Vodka and hot Vimto but I bow to your better judgement!!!!

Good Luck and keep us all posted?

We are all rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Mike

It's just like hot vimto, but with one hell of a kick!!! Excellent if you're feeling under the weather!

Letter going out to LTSB/BLS soon! (still not well!)

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems that they must really be missing my £8 now (bless!).

Got this in the post today, it doesn't seem like they're going to have to consider 'phoning me at home anymore though...!

bls17042007.jpg

I'm not going to send them a massive or in anyway well thought out letter, just an offence committed and do you want me to report you kinda thing... Will post more when I get more!

Regards all, Dave.