Kat v HSBC ****WON****

Katteh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if you were adding overdraft interest or in fact if they have added any charges since you began - the filing is the last point where you can add what you like to your claim when filing and now is the time to add the 8% court interest as well, take your time - make sure you have everything listed that you want on your spreadsheet, then use those totals on your claim.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

most likely - count the 28 days from the date of issue (service date)

just keep an eye on the mcol button near the 28 days - see if it will let you press for judgment when it's 28 days. but as i said - they will most likely defend - at the last minute.

my post was a bit abrupt earlier - keyboard wasn't working so i just used a cut and paste.

how about on monday a little (once you get through) "i was just thinking - you have so many claims that are much larger than this one - wouldn't it take the pressure off if some of the smaller ones were pushed through" (yours less than or just over 1k?)

or make it a little more porfessional looking and e-mail the same thought.

or, how about - is there anything i can do to help you to expedite my claim?

blah, blah, blah!

how about -

how is the weather in birmingham -give me my damn money!

katteh - then perhaps you'd like to send a similar letter and your idea would be - wouldn't they like to just pay out on yours - a smaller than average claim - just to get it off the books... one less claim to deal with.

and as stated a lot in the last 2 days - we are now thinking too much contact could be counter productive - and are advising much less contact - letting them get on with matters at hand - like offers. good luck.

probably seen this before - if it is today - try pressing the button at 3 - no can do - try pressing it at 4 and guess what - a defence has been filed.

no harm pressing the button -

once it shows they have defended - don't call anybody - you'll get the court papers in 2-3 days.

i wrote it all out in great detail for dickydido? yesterday - that may help.

just checked - that's great detail for the aq

as for filing - i say later but don't miss deadline as why spend another 100 you will need to add to the claim - when they may offer within this time frame.

wouldn't hurt to drop them a note - saying you will shortly be filing your aq and it will raise the cost of your claim - or call - but don't bug them. one call or e-mail or post is sufficient. if you call - you may actually get through as we are now advising not to bug them - they maybe put their phones back on the hook by now.

• 2 weeks later...

when you've filed - look for my "when you've filed your aq" thread - this is exactly when you want it - to sooth a little nervousness, see what happens next and some ideas for the next few weeks in your claim.

we are still all here - right behind you!

now it's back to waiting for a bit. follow the advice on that thread - first thing is when the deadline for the aq has passed - wait about a week then ring the court to see if dg has filed theirs. get back and we will see if it's time to do anything else -

but an offer could come at any time. let us know. don't panic if it says - we aren't giving you blah, blah because of blah, blah, just come back here with it.

well done, jan. yes, it's amazing how far reaching this all is. and swings and roundabouts - now you'll be leading peeps along. only a few months ago - i was doing this for my son - but stuck around to help out and just keep picking up more and more info - so, keep passing on the info.

again, well done on yours and you are most welcome!

oh, yes! that's the way to take the bull (dg) by the horns! a little proactivity - i think you will find that the letter rachel is sending will be an offer - hopefully a good one - they don't send letters just to say hi......

well done - let us know what's in the letter! if it's close - just hang tough - you're nearly there!

loved your letter! - lol

• 4 weeks later...

ringing is a bit self defeating - we decided this awhile back - it can almost become harassment if done too much. so, nudge again.

as for anything coming from the courts - it is up to each individual local court as to how they deal with these claims - you may or may not get a court date, an order to produce info, an aq, etc. and some courts are requiring the aq fee if the court allocates the claim into a track even without doing an aq - so if it's been "allocated" you should ring your court to see if an aq fee is due. (add it to your claim - if you happen to end up paying the aq fee)

i've been thinking the same thing, pete. maybe they got some help in there - and i've also seen a couple of wins this week from hsbc offering before the claims are filed with full offers - that's a change!