Next/ Credit Agreement

theapoll
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started my account with Next back in 2002. After going into arrears, they are now threatening me with their debt recovery agency after refusing my offer of £5 per month ( i owe £300).

I remember receiving a credit agreement contract for me to sign on two seperate occassions- but do not recall signing it. I am now in the process of asking for a copy of that agreement. What i want to know is if i didnt sign it, will the debt be inforcable in court. Could they get an ccj awarded?

Thea

Guest Lueeze

I doubt they will provide it, as obviously its unlikely they even have a signed agreement.

If they do not provide it, or dont have it then i would be very surprised if it is enforceable, but im no legal expert on this.

Generally they will just drop the case.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm having a nightmare with my next account at the moment. Gave me a 600 pound limit. I've paid more than the minimum every month, stayed within my limit. They decided to drop my credit limit to 250 without letting me know, which means i am now over my limit. I haven't even signed and sent off the credit agreement its still here at home. Does anybody know what I can do to get them to not mess up my credit file? Sorry new to this forum thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks