• Tweets

• Ok how about this to the CEO? I know it sounds super desperate but lets call a spade a spade here, I am super desperate: Dear Sir, On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I found myself in financial difficulty (unexpected bills and two episodes of sickness and the tax office getting my tax code wrong resulting in less pay for two months) and I contacted you (MCB) on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months. I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I did not receive a reply to that email so I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email. I have only managed to make one payment from my loan but did try and contact MCB to discuss extending my loan, help etc.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name. I appreciate it is a business and you have acted accordingly, but I did try to make contact to arrange alternative arrangements and at no point, not even to this day, did I ever intend to not repay my loan. I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this. What I would like you to do is to please, please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP.  Please sir, I am begging for your help here. I am not a dishonest person and I have never been in a situation like this before. I am desperately trying to make things right but this marker is killing me. Please can you help me? I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully,
    • Just be careful with your language on what you post here - Keep it above board Lets see what you send to the big boss. 
    • I made that payment on 13th Feb, then it all went down hill. 
    • Massive potentially that payment has been made in some form as accompanying evidence to your financial difficulties.  And yes, but add some more zing to the email if it goes to the CEO - You need to make them understand what they have done. And telling the CEO  / MD of the biz what their actions have done to you - It adds to the complaint weighting.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welshlass2 v Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi mandy,

got a call out so havnt had time to check in properly til now did you find everything you needed for your bundle ill post what i found if needed if not goodluck an you deseve some time doing nothing but sit back take a breather you will win

jeanette

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jeanette

I have all I need I think, please keep me posted as to how it goes for you and any updates you have, I will let you know what happens with me, same goes for you Kieran, keep in touch, its good to keep your spirits and fire up with others in the same position.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH - I'M KEEPING EVERYTHING CROSSED:) :)

Reclaiming £2200 from Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07

Final update before court, just completed and posted my bundle to Kirsty Ross an one to the court. I am feeling a little nervous that I may have put something stupid in the bundle, or made an error on the statement of evidence. I know its nerves, but it helps to get it out of my system..

Hopefully we will be given a court date and one that doesn't clash with our forthcoming holiday in August.

hi mandy,

just a quick question if you dont mind, do i use a full list of settled cases or just for YB im unsure it seems now ive done the major stuff the little things are playing on my mind of what im including so then i can sit an work on my statement of evidence etc

oh yes im away in August aswell an u can guarantee if they send me any offers they will come when im away (sods law) my court date is 7th Sept i get back 30th Aug and i have crossed everything for you and wish you as much luck as possible an again thanks for your help

jeanette

Hi Jeanette

Actually I didn't include that list in the end, I wasn't sure if it might actually cause some irritation to the judge and make it seem that I was overconfident. I have to confess thats its difficult to know what to do for the best and I think its just luck of draw and how the judge feels on the day (if of course it gets that far). I plan to spend the next week or so getting to grips with all the things I put in my bundle so as I don't look too stupid on the day and can actually answer a question if its put to me. I actually read through the transcript of the judge in birmingham who found in favour of Lloyds TSB recently, it made me feel a bit edgy and I don't want to end up in the same situation.

At least you actually have a date, mine could be December for all I know, well actually it is supposed to be the first available date within 42 days of date of service of the last letter received from the court - You need a law degree just to understand that, I am still non the wiser as to when I will go to court???

Anyway fingers crossed all will go well for us both, it would be nice to receive a settlement in time for the holidays eh!!

Mandyx

know what you mean about the over confident thing an the lloyds win put me on edge to but ive printed out some things 3 times and others only the once till i have read everything and then decide what goes in to the final thing ive now ran out of ink again the third cartridge so im gonna stop for the nite be my first one ive stopped before 2am oooh lucky me ah well thanks again and "show us our money" lol enjoy your hols :)

hi all

just had my notice of transfer from th court, it indicated that YB had still not received my list of charges, im goin to re-send them recorded delivery.

not sure wot happens now should i be getting information for my bundle, iv been reading welshlass2 thread and they seem to be on hte ball with this. any help and advice would be welcome. thanks

Hi there,

It may be a while now, but you could start reading up on the next step, as you can see I have listed all that I included in my bundle and there are lots of links in this thread as we were all trying to help each other out. If you start your own thread, you will get help if you need it, also it will help you to keep track of your progress. I think I waited for about a month before I heard any more from the court. If you are at all worried, then ring the court and ask them if you need to do anything. Finally a word of advice on YB, make sure that anything you send them is sent recorded delivery, they are very slippery and will do anything to draw this out as much as possible, but stay resolute and don't be intimidated by them, you will win!

ill second that they like to drag everything out and will delay as much as they can but yeh start a thread you will get any help you need i always read up other threads so i am forarned with what they can pull good luck

jeanette

ok thanks i'll start my own thread, hope you dont mind if i pinch some things of your list, well i confess i already have, but its only polite to ask. will let you know how i get on. thanks for your advice

Absolutely not, that is what this forum is all about, take whatever you want, the more we help each other, the stronger we are against the banks, I am no expert and all of my information has been passed to my by others. Just shout out if you need any help or you don't understand anything, someone will help you out.

Good luck!

go for it and my thread is conalot v yorkshire bank if you want to ask anything no problem without help from others on here posting whats happening and how they deal with it. Has helped me so go for it an good luck

jeanette

sorry to highjack your thread a mo mandy but goerdieboy I have printed quite a few articles from bank charges in print but was unsure if i was to put them in my bundle do think I should include them I didnt want to be over the top as my bundle is quite a size already dont want to over do it

thanks jeanette

I am preparing my bundle and I am including a few items from bank charges in print - I feel it will all help should we actually have to turn up at court. I just think you should feel you have everything you need before sending it in..

cheers I wasnt sure , But saved a few to file dunno about you but my bundle is a size an a half an going through ink at incredible rate one more thing did you print out the whole Competition Commition (bad spelling ooops) report or just parts of it

thanks jeanette

look in got a court date a guide to the later stages its listed there the Competion Commission Provisional Findings Report Northern Irish Personal Banking check it out an see what you think, ive only printed a few parts of it Id welcome your opinion thanks

told you,

ive read most of it an i think that im defo going to include the parts on unautherized overdraft charges as its very relavent to me and we wil see how much ink ive left if i choose any more well worth a read though beats take a break lol

jeanette:rolleyes:

Did you guys see GM TV this morning they say a judge has ordered to YB disclose the true cost of bank charges - may not happen for a few months or till early next year but going to be interesting;) lol

georgieboy