Alasco V First Direct

Harry Jackpot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, it included the full amount claimed.

The claim, interest and court costs.

Have sent an email to Moneyclaim asking them to cancel the claim.

Just waiting for that to be confirmed plus the cheque to clear before closing this one......... after making a donation, of course, as I would/could not have done it without the information on this site.

I have other accounts to do "battle" with (much smaller amounts though!), but I am working away from home a lot at the moment, so they'll have to wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct: claiming £2278 + £386.43 int. + £120 costs - PAID IN FULL 14/08/06

Capital One: claiming £244 - PAID IN FULL 18/08/06

MBNA: claiming £192 - LBA sent 26/08/06

EGG: claiming £300 - Request for repayment sent 27/08/06

Halifax: claiming £320 + £22.01 int. + £50 costs. Moneyclaim filed 25/08/06

Well done Alasco. Don't forget to complete the survey so everyone can see how well CAG members are doing.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Been away again......

Anyway, Moneyclaim sent me back an email stating that the case was now closed as repayment had been made, (although their web site will not reflect this for some reason).

Cheque was paid into the bank and cleared ok.

Donation about to be made.

So that's it - I WON!!!!!!!!!! Ha!:) Ha!:)

Thanks to everyone for their support on here and good luck to everyone else making a claim. Keep your nerve, check other posts to make sure you are doing it right, and it'll all be ok.

Now....... who's next!! :D

First Direct: claiming £2278 + £386.43 int. + £120 costs - PAID IN FULL 14/08/06

Now....... who's next!! :D

I really shouldn't EGG you on like this!!:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE ! GREAT NEWS FOR YOU AND I BET YOUR WIFE JUST LOVES YOU ! i am going to ask for a cheque also so your thread has helped me to have the confidence to do this now, as they have closed my account and i o them the overdraft,which i do want to pay but not with this claim. So thanks for a great info thread with copies of letters etc, your right it is worth it all and holding your nerve is key and reading all the FAQ, as it would be very scarry on your own, this site does ROCK ! So i sent my letter today saying thanks but no thanks for initial offer, so lets see whats happens, arararararar ! in a strange way its really excited. !

How about starting your own thread Clare so that others can follow your progress in the same way you are following theirs. It also helps others to help you if you need it further down the line if they can see all your information together.

No problems Clare.:)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks