Re: RBOS

Harassed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, everyone. Sent of my initial letter to bank at start of week. Have received 1st reply back within 2 days saying they are currently investigating my claim. Have given them 28 days to return all charges. So it's just a waiting game.

Will keep in touch with any developments but am looking forward to the challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Received reply from Bank today. Original letter sent on 28 January 07 requesting return of £3 826.64 for personal account and £3 734.74 for joint account. They have offered me by payment into each account sums of £3092 and £2814.21 respectively. Not admitting liability etc, goodwill gesture etc. Can I request a cheque from them rather than direct payment into account?:confused:

You can, but it's not guaranteed you will be successful with this. The fact they haven't offered you the full amount is a good bargaining tool.

Send them a letter saying you will only accept this part settlement providing they pay you by cheque otherwise you will progress you claim for the full amount.

Remind them they have xx amount of days left as part of your prelim and if you don't hear from them then progress to your LBA. If however, the deadline for the prelim has passed, then send your LBA for the full amount and on it say that you require payment by cheque.

I have been working closely with a guy with an RBS claim where we tried everything to get them to pay by cheque unfortunately it doesn't always work that way (we weren't successful).

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I've not responded earlier. Been working hard!! Just to let you know that I telephoned RBOS and they have sent me letter saying they are paying my claim in full.

Have now drafted S.A.R. letters for other cards etc. Onwards and upwards now!!