What Happens If...

heyheymymy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine (I know that sounds like it's me trying to deflect the attention away from myself, but it really is a friend!) made a claim for his charges and won. However, he returned the form, signed, agreeing that he would make no further claims of this nature (completely by accident). He's since been penalised with further charges and is thinking of trying to reclaim them again. Is it a waste of time if he has already signed agreeing to make no further claims?

I'd get 'your friend' :p to check the wording - I've just had mine through and it says

"Any charges that properly accrue in the future .......Should you be unwilling to accept these charges, then we may need to consider if we are prepared to continue to provide you with existing banking facilities. Instead we may offer a simple account...."

Which to me doesn't sound like I'm commiting to anything by signing it, just that if I try this again they may close my account! In fact the actual form I'm sending back just says "I accept your offer in full and final settlement of my complaint" which doesn't mean I can't lodge another one at a later time!

Just my opinion but I'm sure I've seen similar in another thread!

RBoS - claiming charges of £3868

17/1/07 - Offer for full amount!! WON!!

3/1/07 - LBA Deadline - reminder e-mail sent

16/12/06 - LBA Sent

27/11/06 - Prelim Letter Sent - no reply at all

17/11/06 - Statements received

12/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent

As I understand it, it doesn't matter if you sign to say you wan't claim again as the document wouldn't be worth the paper it was typed on....

You cannot be made to sign away your legal rights.

Please put me right if you know better.