Lucy v Alliance and Leicester = HELP!!

lucykirk2003
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I'm claiming the mere £260.00 back from Alliance and Leicester.

I've sent the letter before action and they've refused to pay up.

I'm prepared to go to Money Claim online but was wondering if they're being this petty with everyone. It seems that £260.00 is only a small amount and it will cost them much more to defend in court.

RBS Paid up after just 2 letters.

Currently waiting for HSBC to submit defense but I am claiming £2000 for my husband!

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lucy

:) Won the following claims thanks to this site...

£250.00 RBS - after 2nd letter

£140.00 First Direct - after 2nd letter

£393.32 Alliance and Leicester - filed claim on MCOL and they paid up within 2 weeks

£2218.28 HSBC (for hubbie) - filed claim on MCOL and they paid up after 3 weeks

:D nothing more to claim now and O/D and Credit Card paid off with proceeds of claims.

Alliance and Leicester still won't pay out. I can't afford to submit Moneyclaim until I've been paid :-(

Does anyone have any experience of having to take Alliance and Leicester to court over such a small amount?

Lu

£393.32 Alliance and Leicester - filed claim on MCOL and they paid up within 2 weeks

:D nothing more to claim now and O/D and Credit Card paid off with proceeds of claims.

A + L will only pay you out if you issue MCOL. What normally happens is they say they will defend the claim but then pay out anyway. Don't forget to add on the interest at the court stage. Don't know how old your charges are but 8% can make a difference. Your court fees are refunded too.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

Thank you Andrew. I'll issue the claim today then and see what happens. I've been lucky so far. My claims are small but so far have won:

RBS - £250

First Direct - £140

Lets hope A and L pay out after MCOL then it'll be 3 out of 3. I've just got to keep persuing HSBC for my husbands £2000 claim!

I've issued my claim to Alliance and Leicester on 22nd January.

It comes to £393.00 including court fees and interest.

I really hope they pay up soon! I'm so skint and don't want any more bank charges as I'm with the Halifax now and they've been great so far!

Keep goin lucy looks like your a veteran at this anyway:)

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Thanks. I'm very nervous about the HSBC Claim I'm doing for my husband. I used the MCOL text from the moneysavingexpert site and I've just noticed it's different from the one on this site. I hope it is ok and I've not done anything wrong. It will be just my luck and I'll lose out on the £120.00 court fee I've paid, and poss the £100.00 AQC fee if it gets that far.

You'll probably get a letter stating they intend to defend, but you should then receive a cheque. Normally arrives on a Sat. morning!

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

Thanks! I hope so. It's only £393.00 but it's my money and I would like it back!

Maybe next Saturday I'll have something positive to report!

Thanks

Lu

Hello everyone, I'm really scared now. Alliance and Leicester had till 10th Feb to acknowledge my claim, made on the 22nd of January.

Today they've submitted a defense. They surely must be confident they'll win if they've done a defense so early when they didn't need to.

Can anyone give me any advise please? Am I likely to be the test case we're all so nervous about.

Has anyone actually gone to court yet with Alliance and Leicester.

Am I worrying over nothing? Your help would be really appreciated...

Thanks!

Hi Lucy

try not to panic, easier said than done though............

If you read through the forums, they do occasionally file a defence, but it is generally just to buy more time, then pay up........ I filed my MCOL on the 24/1, so I am just as nervous as you, but we both needed to do this, its our money thay have taken and we want it, and are entitled to it back.

Let me know how you get on, you may get your money this weekend.

Thanks for your feedback. I just don't want to be the unlucky one!!!

I'm sure it'll be ok though. At least with it being only £393 I won't have to pay out for the AQ so I won't lose more than the £50 court fee!!

Fingers crossed for us both eh!

Yes I did. And I won. The court order stated "the defendant takes no issue on liability...." Which means, I guess, that they had to accept that the law on which I based my claim was correct.They were given the opportunity to make their defence, but as they had already admitted that they owed me money in their defence, the point was already made.It also suggests that they must accept that what they did in appling those charges was knowingly unlawful.

So dont worry about going to court. If youve done your paperwork properly you wont lose. Good luck!

Hello everyone, I'm really scared now. Alliance and Leicester had till 10th Feb to acknowledge my claim, made on the 22nd of January.

Today they've submitted a defense. They surely must be confident they'll win if they've done a defense so early when they didn't need to.

Can anyone give me any advise please? Am I likely to be the test case we're all so nervous about.

Has anyone actually gone to court yet with Alliance and Leicester.

Am I worrying over nothing? Your help would be really appreciated...

Thanks!

wow you had to go to court then? do you mind if I ask... was it for a large amount? or were you claiming anything unusual?

Are they going to court often do you know?

I will make sure I do all the AQC paperwork correctly just in case I also have to go.

What was the experience like? Did they try and baffle you with legal terms?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lucy

They said they were going to defend my claim, but then paid up.I think it's a standard procedure.

Hi Andrew. You're right. I got home today and there was the chq! Great eh!

They say they want to close my account, but who cares, I've not used the account for 4 years so I don't need it!!

Going to put the chq in my account tonight and go for a celebratory drink!

Lucy

I hope so too! Fingers crossed that it'll come tomorrow!

Lucy

Congrats! Great feeling isn't it to know you've beaten them? Enjoy your winnings!