• Tweets

• Thanks for this! I'm still not clear if I'm facing more than 6 points on my license though. Can you explain any further please? When I accept the 2nd speeding ticket, will they just charge me £100 and 3 points, or will they be more severe concenquences since that offense took place the following day of the 1st offense? Similarly, when I accept the 3rd offense, will they look at my record or just charge me with the £100 fine and 3 points?
    • Yes of course. That's why it says cc:: BIg Motoring World at the bottom. Don't imagine that this solves the issue. It doesn't. He not have to force the finance company and big motoring world to accept the rejection to give your money back. I suggest that you get the letter off tomorrow. And let us know what you hear but on Friday you should then send a threat to the finance company.   Have a look what I have said here about your options and read the whole thread as well.  
    • Been perusing the actual figures on the polls above wondering where the '16% claimed for deform comes from? I understand that there are 'weighted' end results based on secret calculations ...   Probably going to repeat this later, but remember that the ukip/brexit/reform/deform party has ALWAYS had poll speculation FAR better than their actual  performance at elections - by large margins. SO: The labor and Tory votes come largely from simply the people who say they will vote for them - sorted Lab 43% Tory 20%, with maybe another small 1-2% coming from the weightings of the 'not sures' Greens largely get what is declared from 'other' , although with another declared green bit from the 'pressed' question   So as the share of the voting displayed in 'other' granted to reform/deform is around 11%, where does the '16% too often being reported come from? Seems that reform has been granted as beneficiary of effectively ALL the don't knows and wont says, who when pressed didn't actually declare for someone else ... effectively adding 40%+ to their reported polling % - rather strange given their consistent under-performance compared to polling - or perhaps that is the cause of the higher rating eh?   Now I admit the possibility (probability?) of wingers being ashamed of declaring their support for the yuckey lemon end of the spectrum ... but surely  that should affect the 'Torys as well? Maybe the statisticians have simply weighted in that deform wingers are simply more likely to lie?   But - without 'weightings' and assumptions that faragits will get everything that isnt declared as a definite and unequivocal 'not that Piers Morgan' - reform is on around 11% it seems.   Add to that the history of polling a lot less than the hype - and the simple fact that faragit wingers seem to be spread across the country (presumably skulking in their moms spare room despite being 45+) and greens and lib dems seem to be community minded - I think two seats will be an epic result for farage. Hardly the opposition - far more raving wingnut party.   and importantly - Has farage got a home in clacton yet?
    • "as I have no tools available to merge documents, unless you can suggest any free ones that will perform offline merges without watermarking" (which you don't) ... but ok please upload the documents and we'll go from there
    • Please go back and read my message posted at 10:27 this morning @jk2054. I didn't say that I wasn't going to provide documents, only that I will upload them to an online repo that I am in control of, and that I would share links to these. You shall still be able to read and download them no different from if they were hosted here. And, the issue I have is not so much with hosting, but using an online pdf editor to create a multi-page pdf, again I have discussed this that same message.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Excel Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Rob,

What if they write to me saying they are taking legal action?

Amands

Let them get on with it, but the most they could claim for is the payment for the time your car was parked without a ticket, and you have offered them this, haven't you;)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i sent them a copy of the ticket a got from the machine, when i got a chance too, it was only 50p - do you think they will be ok with this?

The price for the parking was 50p for 2 hours, i was only there 15 mins!

Thanks

Amands

It doesn't matter if they're okay with it. They would have to take you to court to get it from you. Do you think the judge will be happy with them taking you to court for 50p?

They will not take you to court. They will not issue proceedings against you. Please read the threads that I have provided above for reassurance. You need to stop worrying about this and get angry. They have no right to chase you for this, no right to insist that the registered keeper deals with this, no right to demand the name of the driver from you, no right to penalise you for an alleged breach of civil contract which they can't prove happened in the first place. They are acting, if not illegally, then at least unlawfully.

I really don't know why you keep rolling over on this. I'd be hopping mad.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Demon, it's a little bit different for Amands because she had already admitted to being the driver prior to posting on this forum, so it's no surprise that she does feel a bit vulnerable. It's easy for us to give her advice on what to do, but she is the one receiving the letters and threats, not us, and there is no doubt they can cause a lot of stress for some people. Hopefully she will lose the fear and start getting angry with them soon, but in the meantime we can offer her the reassurance that she needs to help her stand firm.

I agree with both Demon and Rob, my other half would have paid by now if I hadn't kept re-assuring her that nothing will come of this sort of thing.

Amands just take the advice and be strong, we haven't heard from our threatening jerks for around 6 weeks now after it had been to debt collectors, it is now back in the parking company's hands for them to go to court and try and get a court order which won't happen.

Stand firm, if you receive more letters just post back on here for continuing advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Have just received a letter from the debt collectors asking to pay up £ 125.00 relating to the parking charge notice, if not paid today they will issue a CCJ, Do i still ignore and let them get on with it, or reply?

I know you keep telling me to stand firm, but in all honesty, i dont fancy a CCJ against me, my credit isn't very good to begin with

getting more and more frustrated at these jerks

Amands

A debt collector can't issue a CCJ, it has to apply to the court, you would have to be informed it was going to court and the court would have to agree there is a debt, if you then didn't pay the debt a CCJ would be the next step I believe. Without any court involvement no chance of a CCJ. Is the letter threatening court or are they saying they will issue a CCJ? If so that is blatant scare tactics.

The letter is threatening court action, do you really think they could or couldn't go all the way?

Threatening to take someone to court is easy, just ignore their letters and any further 'final demands', 'final final demands'.....etc. If they want to go to court get the media involved as it will be a landmark case.

The last letter I had from debt collectors threatened court action ( 'may go to court' was the wording) I told them I wasn't paying and return the 'debt' back to the car parking agency, which they did, haven't heard a thing since, that must be 3 months ago. They will try it on to scare you into paying because it works on a lot of people, that's how they stay in business. I wouldn't worry.

• Haha 1

Hi guys, I got a ticket in Ambleside St Martin's College car park at the weekend. My own stupid fault I s'pose as I totally misread their sign and paid the weekday rate of 70p for 1-2 hours instead of £1.80 for 2 hours. I got back to the car (I thought with 15 mins left) that my partner had driven in and found a ticket, overstaying and not parking in a marked bay. The car park was no where near full when we arrived or when we got back, and the attendant watched us park and could have said something there and then, there was no business lost because of the car being inches over the T-mark.

The ticket is for £60 reduced to £30 if paid within 7 days.

The ticket man saw me remove the ticket and spoke to us.

I am the registered keeper but was not driving it that day.

I bought the car only on 28th July so DVLA may not have sorted it yet and may give the wrong details to Excel.

What should I do do you think?

Anna

The first thing you should do is wait. It seems to take them months to get around to contacting the DVLA, but when they do, you as the registered owner, will get a demand. As you are the owner but not the driver on the day, then you will write back to them stating that is the case, and suggest that they chase up the driver for the fine. You do not have to tell them who was the driver, that is their problem. Check the earlier answers on this thread.

The first thing you should do is wait. It seems to take them months to get around to contacting the DVLA, but when they do, you as the registered owner, will get a demand. As you are the owner but not the driver on the day, then you will write back to them stating that is the case, and suggest that they chase up the driver for the fine. You do not have to tell them who was the driver, that is their problem. Check the earlier answers on this thread.

If you are going to quote legalise at them, it helps if it is right.

There is no such thing as a registered owner. There is a registered keeper, but the DVLA do not keep any details of a vehicle owner. They also make it very clear that the RK is not necessarily the owner.

You will need to write and state that the driver is liable and not the registered keeper; suggest that they contact the driver.

You are under no obligation whatsoever to assist them in this, nor are you liable as RK

Pat, you are just repeating what I said.

No, I am not.

You were referring to a registered owner - which does not exist.

You may have meant the same, but if you are going to quote law at these leeches, you have to be right.

Everybody here who is the registered keeper of a vehicle will be the owner of that vehicle. No use splitting bloody hairs about it.

Absolutely, utterly and totally wrong ! :mad:

I, for instance, am not the owner of the vehicle that I drive - although I am the registered keeper.

Also, ANYBODY who has a car on HP is not the owner; although they will be the RK

My point was that if you are going to try and use legalese, you have to be right; you do have to split hairs.

If they get a letter referring to a registered owner, they know they are dealing with a dickhead who probably will not have the legal knowledge or support to carry any defence through and is just writing a letter without any understanding of the content.

At no point in any sort of parking enforcement is the owner involved; there is no register of owners.

The point is that she was not the driver, that is the issue. I don't know if you have already paid Excel by now, but I haven't, using this argument, and it has nearly been a year since my ticket, with no comebacks. There is no sprouting "legalise" as you call it, no mention of any laws or statutes that only clever people such as yourself can understand.

I am the registered keeper and I own my car.Call it what you will but I was not driving the day I was fined, therefore they can **** off.

The point is that she was not the driver, that is the issue. I don't know if you have already paid Excel by now, but I haven't, using this argument, and it has nearly been a year since my ticket, with no comebacks. There is no sprouting "legalise" as you call it, no mention of any laws or statutes that only clever people such as yourself can understand.

I am the registered keeper and I own my car.Call it what you will but I was not driving the day I was fined, therefore they can **** off.

While your actions for your own circumstances were correct, that doesn't make it correct for others.

A Local Authority used the words "a notice to owner will be sent to the Registered Owner" instead of the words Registered Keeper or the person appearing to the Authority to be the Owner. The PCN was found to be invalid for that error.

Neither you, Pat or myself are qualified to give professional advice and somtimes get it wrong (as I have done myself more than once). When I do and see things from another angle I have to conceed and move on.

The correct terms to use, and I'll show my a*se if I'm wrong are:

Registered Keeper

and

Lawful Owner

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Mothership has stated that the car was driven by her partner. She can tell excel to chase him up for the fine, but she is not under any obligation to tell excel who was driving. She will be fined, as I was, because we are the registered keeper of the car. There is no reason to tell excel anything other than she was not the driver that day. Whether she is the owner, the registered keeper or a bleeding registered nurse, it is of no importance.

That is the point.

It is different with the police and council fines as we all know.