Now what?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, unfortunately I have to write that after sending a preliminary request and a letter before action RBS has not responded to either, except to send me a 'Formal notice of intention to file a default and to take action to recover debt' the reason being that I have now gone over my agreed overdraft limit. I sent the LBA 4 weeks ago saying that I would give them 21 days to respond. The letter says I have to make arrangements to pay the debt within 28 days or my account will be handed over to a credit recovery agency. Would it be an idea to contact them to confirm they received my letters? I did send them recorded delivery or should I just proceed with court action? either way I am going to transfer some money to the account to bring me back within my limit.

Advice greatly appreciated

Regards

Spikey

Are you ready to take them to court???

Usually 14 days after LBA.

If so go for it........I used MoneyClaim online.;):p:D

I got one of those letters the other day but the only reason I'm over my overdraft limit is because they have added charges for "going over my overdraft limit":confused:

I've filed mine in a drawer somewhere:eek:

Hi canobeans

same here, the only reason I have gone over the agreed limit is because of their charges. I am ready to take them to court, I think :confused: !!! can you give me any advice about using MoneyClaim?

Regards

Spikey

Are you ready to take them to court???

Usually 14 days after LBA.

If so go for it........I used MoneyClaim online.;):p:D

I got one of those letters the other day but the only reason I'm over my overdraft limit is because they have added charges for "going over my overdraft limit":confused:

I've filed mine in a drawer somewhere:eek:

Hello

I decided to call RBS before I went ahead with a court claim just to check that they had received my LBA and spoke to a friendly lady there in the complaints department in Edinburgh who informed me that they had sent an offer letter out on the 14th May. I still haven't received the letter but it can take a while to arrive seeing as I am abroad. She told me that the offer was for £670, the actual claim is for £1081.47 I didn't say anything about the offer except that I would respond when I receive the letter.

Spikey