Will Nat West close my account if I claim?

49scream
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All - I'm just starting this with my branch of Nat West - Data Protection Act disclosure request to be posted this week. However I was wondering what the consequences might be? Does anyone know if Nat West close your account if you attempt to recover these charges? Is there a corporate policy here or do Nat West do things on a branch by branch basis? Thanks Ian

Nat West are not know for it, but nobody can say for certain. Take a look aroung this forum and see what others have experienced. I think you will find it is quite rare.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Guest NATTIE

49scream- it does depend on a few factors. It is unlikely to be closed. If the account is being dealt with through Credit Management Services bit of NatWest then the likelihood is very high.

Thanks for the info (esp NATWESTSTAFFMEMBER). My account was threatened with Credit Management Services 2-years ago but they avoided this by 'forcing' me to take out a c10k personal loan - very clever. At the time my business was failing but I'm now solvent again (the business is no more) and in gainful employ.

I'm going to claim my charges back (+ Barclaycard) and see what happens. If Nat West do close my account will this prevent me from opening an account with another bank? Thanks Ian

I am trying to get back charges from the nat west, I have opened another account with lloyds tsb, so as from next month my wages will be going into that account, I will still keep the nat west one open for the time being, but all my bills will be getting paid through my new account.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 02/01/07

Statements received - 15/01/07

Prelim sent - 24/01/07

LBA sent - 15/02/07

Claim filed in court - 20/03/07

Court date received for 26th June - 01/06/07

Received offer for full & final settlement from Cobbetts - 22/06/07:D :D

Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 26/06/07

Statements received - 03/07/07

Prelim letter sent - 17/07/07