Malfunction of vehicle, trade centre Wales

I purchased my car April 2021. The wet belt has failed with only 54000 on the clock. This should not have happened with such low mileage. I've contacted trade centre Wales and they have denied responsibility and said try Citroen itself. Citroen MAY do a good will repair but no guarantee. I still have 2 years finance left to pay and no car!! The car was sold to me with no book or service history, no option for extended warranty or gap insurance. Where do I stand?

You are entitled to have a vehicle which is satisfactory quality when it was sold and remains satisfactory for a reasonable period of time.

What is the life expectancy of this part which has failed?

What would be the cost of replacing it?

Okay, you will need to get an independent inspection and two quotes for the work.

Also I think that you need an authoritative opinion on the normal life expectancy of this item.

Finally, I would expect that the normal life expectancy depends on having the vehicle properly serviced at the correct intervals.

You would need to be able to demonstrate that you have done this.

If you can get this documentation together then we can help you make a claim.

Don't imagine that you will get 100% of the cost from

If the vehicle has 50,000 mi on it then you have used half of the life expectancy of the defective part and so it would be reasonable to claim for 50% of the cost of fitting a new one.

If it went to court then it is likely that this is what would be awarded