Ex Employer Paying Final Wage Late So I will Lose A Month Of Benefits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started a job recently that ended suddenly, they treated people quite badly, also i had a 3 month probation period, i refused to be dicatated to and to go along with there unfair working practices.

My last day was the 5th of April and i was told i would be paid my weeks notice too. They pay monthly and that means it will fall into my next month universal credit assessment period (24rth to 23rd). They will pay me after the 23rd so i wont get me benefits next month. I have begged the HR manager to pay me sooner but she is claiming it cant be done. She has emailed the MD but it does not look like anything will change.

I have told my universal credit coach about his problem, they have told me there is nothing they can do and gave me a list of phone numbers.

Guys is there anything can be done here to fix this problem?

Unfortunately not on UC claim.

You could look into also having New Style JSA claim as well as UC claim. But you need to have paid enough National Insurance during last 2 tax year.

The JSA claim does not consider any late employment pay, if you have stopped working. JSA payments are purely for a standard allowance amount for up to 6 months while you search for work. Any JSA payments are deducted from UC. But if you won't get UC due to earnings, you might as well claim JSA if you can.

WWW.GOV.UK

You may be able to claim New Style Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) with, or instead of, Universal Credit, depending on your National Insurance record.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unclebulgaria many thanks for your wonderful help. I have done the application you kindly gave me the link for. I was not aware that i could claim for both but i should be eligble.

What can i do regarding my expected lost benefits do they just get written off? ;) 

Edited by mystic_bertie

What can i do regarding my expected lost benefits do they just get written off?

Don't really understand the question.

UC claim award would be NIL or significantly reduced, due to late payment of wages. The UC claim stays open. 

You claimed New Style JSA to get a personal allowance payment to cover basic costs.  If the UC claim does not include Housing or Children and is just for a personal allowance amount, then once the JSA claim is paying you benefit payments,  you might as well close the UC claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unclebulgaria many thanks for your reply. 

I am in England at the moment, when i was living in Scotland and up until the end of 2021, your housing benefit is paid through your UC account. Thats why i was thinking that because of my late wages i will lose it all. From what i know council tax follow the UC assessment periods too so i will lose out on that too.  :)

So i wont be able to recoup the housing and council tax benefits.