Tergwin v Halitwats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, firstly apologies for not starting my thread sooner, things have been so hectic of late, what with my 11 month old wonderboy Hugh, as well as my wife being pregnant again!!! She not been well recently. Plus we have had an ongoing issue with Family Tax Credits and have had to get my MP involved.

Anyway I digress, I have been with the Halifax for a number of years, and having always lived on the breadline have incurred a lot of charges which I have always thought of as unlawful.

I originally ordered my statements 2-3 months ago and after lots of chasing they finally arrived today *hallejuliah* albeit incomplete, as well as only sending 4 years (due to the fact they downgraded my account 4 years ago they reckon i need to order seperately) they also missed out a lot from the start of this year?!?! WTF!?! which they obviously tried to charge me seperate fees for (so far i have got off all the fees through complaining). So heels are being dragged.

I have worked out from the statements I do have and info from their call centre that so far on this account they owe me at least £1884 (i can't wait).

I am going to submit the first claim now and wait for the rest of the statements to come through which will form my second claim. Now having spoken to the guys in the chatroom they say the charges can go back further than 6 years which is fantastic as I incurred even more when I was a youngster (which is probably the reason I am in the mess I am in now.)

Although it would be nice to get the defaults removed, I am not too interested in this as my credit rating is rock bottom anyway, so i think i am just gonna go for the cash, which is greatly needed at this moment in time!

It is inspirational reading everybodys threads, I think this is a great site and hope I can inspire others as much.

Presumably you used the template in this site's library? If so, it asks for information relating to your complete banking history with the organisation, which should include all your accounts.

They have therefore failed to comply with your Data Protection request. You could report them to the Information Commissioner, but getting results this way takes a long time. Court is a better route. There are some excellent templates about this here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

With regard to starting your claim without knowing all the charges, you need to tread carefully because when you get your charges refunded from them you will have to fill in a form which says something like 'in full and final settlement of all claims against Halifax'.

Doing so will stop you making any more claims. Therefore my advice is to wait until they have supplied a complete list of charges, annoying as this is.

Just keep hammering away at it and you will eventually get your money. Don't let the bar stewards grind you down!

Gruffle Gaw vs Halifax - £1531.50: ***WON - cheque for £1966.78 received 30/09/06***:)

I'm not a legal professional and my advice is given without prejudice or liability.

If you found my post helpful, please click the scales on the left.