• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Backdoor PE/DCBL ANPR PCN CCJ - UPPER MILL, UPPER MILL CANAL SIDE, SLAITHWAITE, HD7 5HA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tried to apply for credit card with my bank as a way to start building credit trust. Was denied. Looked into credit report and have a CCJ on my name. 

I thought it was from an old and temporary house I was renting but they have confirmed it is not them.  As the address is registered on there on Trans Union. 

I have a case ID it says it went through County Court Business Centre. 

I am on hold now, not got through yet,

I read online that they are a shambles of a company and some people said they were online for 4 hours waiting to get through. 

What do I do now?!

I have no idea who has done this?! for the measly sum of £157!

How is this possible!!

Ruining people's lives over £157?! 

I have heard people being on hold for 4 hours???

Whilst I have to pay for it? 

Any other way because clearly they don't answer, i was on the phone for 30 mins earlier on. 

You want me to upload a PDF that they send to me?

Hi, I have just got a letter in the POST from DCBL... ?!?! how have they even got my address?!

they are asking for the £150 even after the cheek of putting a CCJ on my name.... for £150!!

What do i do here?!? 

If they would take the CCJ off I would happily pay it, once I find out what the hell it;s for!

I have just seen it's for parking eye, it says it on the letter! parking eye!!!

'I was not even in the car....!!'

What are my options here?!

a 2 for nothing mob company want to spend their money to give me a ccj and ruin 6 years of my life?!

I can contend this, I have a tenancy agreement for another house to prove I was not in the know....

Maybe I could pay this scam of a company if they removed this ccj... but no way will I unless they dont!

The letter dates June 27 2022 reads:

'if you pay in full within 30 days of receiving judgement, our client CAN apply through the court to have ccj removed"

It says on transunion that it was added in 2021, are they wrongfully misusing the English language to try to bribe me wrongfully into paying them my money?! 

@honeybee13Yes I moved house... But no mail was fwd to me... 

I have tenancy contracts to prove my move... I moved from house where supposed ccj correspondence went 4 months before the ccj was applied..  And the first I heard was when I logged onto transunion 5 days ago..

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor PE/DCBL PCN CCJ - Now on my credit report... £150...

Notify? I had absolutely no idea that parking eye sent me any mail..... 

Should I ring dcscaml or email them?

If I call or maybe even email them they are going to ask me to confirm address and I don't want to do that...  What are my options?

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

@dx100uk It says DCBL debt collection ltd... no 'legal'... 

I had no idea this letter was in my old house... How would I know to inform anyone...

If I call them they will ask to confirm my address, I don't want to confirm anything to them as they can then tuen it on me..

Also I have not seen any original document which tells me where this was or pictures of the car etc???

If I call dcbl should I confrim my address or not? Do I have to?

Edited by mrk123

@dx100uk 

OK can I ask you what I would be best to do here?

Call PE or DCBL?

I will pay the 159 if it is removed - although I have not yet seen any evidence to show me or my car in any wrong doing?

Reading this

FORUMS.MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM

Hi everyone, I am new to posting on here so please bare with me.

How the hell has PE been able to give me a CCJ???

my company can apply to take ANYONE to court, if that somebody does not reply and pay me my £500 imaginary money I can just slap a ccj on them? 

Trying to get through to parking eye is absolutely useless!! ****! 

Now i am forced to call dcbl... 

If they agree to remove the ccj how do I get them in a kind of confirmed agreement? So they don't snake out once I have paid?

I have called dcbl and after getting through the guy just tells me it cannot be removed, only satisfied... So this still means it's on my credit score so absolutely worthless paying it?!

He said you will have to call the courts, but there is no court to call! 

Can this be fully removed or not?

On my file it's saying I have had it on since mid to late 2021....

Way out the 30 days...

I don't want 'satisfied' (this just means this person caved into fear and paid us)...

I want it removed otherwise I won't be paying a penny, life is too short to be worrying about 3 letters. 

Also I tried the * or hasg tag and it just said invalid entry and ended the call automatically.?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi. 

Just spoke with DCBL as they called me, confirmed my address reluctantly but as the amount is under the HCEO level I have no reason to worry. 

I said I am happy to pay if they can get parking eye to remove the ccj, they said even PE won't be able to do that? They have no power she said?! 

She said only way I can get it removed is if I seek legal advice and court proceedings myself? 

What is my best way to get this removed now? 

Also I wrote to PE but what good that will do seen as they can't even answer phones or have no email! 

Honestly a CCJ for £150 should be illegal! 

@brassnecked which I think I do? 

I left the house a week or so after the incident or there about, can even prove it with tenancy agrement of new place, and no mail was fwd to me.

DCBL said it was cause I did not update my address on driving license, but I did, maybe 4 weeks later tho. 

• 2 weeks later...

I called NORTHANT BULKS, they said they can't help, they said the acting solicitor was in house at parking eye... 

Only thing to do they said was apply for it to be removed and pay £275.... 

But in all seriousness what are the chances here!? The whole system clearly rigged! 

No one will be seeing a penny of this £150 owed until this is removed.. 

The audacity to screw someone's finances over £150...

Yes I hand wrote a letter 9 days ago, I don't expect these con artists to reply tho.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I called Northants, they said to get copy of the judgement ccj and the address and particulars of claim from the claimform would cost me £22. The lady at Northants has said she can copy the info and type it out in an email,

She is doing this now. 

Once I have this info what am I doing with it?

@dx100uk 

OK well

Judgement date: 16/11/21

judgement amount: £157

Address: In Chester (i moved from here in early June 2021, I moved to Yorkshire. 

INFO: Claim for monies outstanding from the defendant in relation to a parking charge reference ******. Issued on 03rd July 2021. Lnd managed by PARKING EYE ****. 

Vehicle entered and leaving site on 30th June 2021 and parking without valid ticket. 

Pursuant to SCH 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012, notice has been given to the reg keeper making them liable for the parking charge payable. upon breach. 

END. 

If I had got this I would have actioned it, wrote them back, contested it or paid it. Now I have a CCJ on my file for £150! I don't even understand how you can ruin someone's credit for £150... what a land we live in eh!?