• Tweets

• Hello, firstly thank you for reading this. I know no one wants a long winded back story. So I’ll be breif. I entered a local store to buy some paint (which I did pay for) I am honestly not a bad person or a theif.   Didn’t have a basket or trolly as was on my lunch break. Whilst picking up the three tubs of paint placed some masking tape in my pocket (it was hanging out of so I had every intention to pay) just didn’t have a hand free. Paid for my goods (forgot about the £4.39 masking tape) I’ve got so much going on and im not well at all (like I say no one cares I get that) also have autism so wasn’t thinking particularly like others do maybe (who knows my minds going around and around) I left the store after paying, was pulled back in by security. Asked for the tape which I gave immediately  shook up. Gave them my ID and details. I was given some paper and told to expect a large fine in the post for their time and the tape and sent on my way. my questions are: I hardly ever go out without support so the ban I guess I can’t go there now for anything (their loss) - ok but is my photo going to be all over with my name? how much am I expecting in the post as a fine? I have sent them cash in the post recorded signed for delivery to arrive tomorrow (incident happened today) for my error. Their Address was on the bit of paper. i have read two posts on this page but they were from many many years ago so I hoped for updated advise please? 
    • V important you read lots of BMW threads too !  
    • So should I send them a new SAR and put my date of birth on it? Or do I need to send them some proof? Driving license? 
    • Thanks so much for your help!! I've emailed them, and when they reply saying they can't do it I'll reply and state my rights. I'm so glad I found this forum, and will read all of the posts I can find and help guides available for the future. Really can't thank you enough.
    • utter BS, doesn't matter you signed it. pers i'd be writing as per the other threads here rejecting the car as not as described under CRA etc and be done with it. as its a debit card you could also do a full chargeback within 120 days to your bank and simply dump the car back to BMW. 100's of like threads to read here. get your ducks inline. make sure you know what you are doing and off you go. dont take any BS from BMW, no matter what you sign it does NOT remove your consumer rights. p'haps it might be on the off chance you are a good manager , a quick phonecall tomorrow saying you dont want it because (no bla bla fitted) it might be resolved in 5 mins..i will guess to date you not tried
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Johnc V CapitalOne ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had my SAR back, but i have a question as i settled this account can i still claim back the charges, as according to CO their is still money owed on the account even if they are not chaseing for it.

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

WON £3054.79 (settled at court stage)

BarclayCard -

Claiming £701.89 Part 3 letter sent

Capital One -

WON £1500 (settled at court stage)

CitiCards -

Claiming £1549.41 (at court stage)

Hi John

You can still ak for your S.A.R.. When that arrives go through your statements, add up the charges, and put your claim in. They will automatically adjust what you owe when you win. Don't forget to ask for contractual interest as that will boost your amount, especially on old charges.

Good luck

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 1 month later...

no reply to letters court action started

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -

• 1 month later...

Capital one have settled with one of my claims still waiting for the other.

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -

Well done..was that a full refund?..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

All bar £70 but wife is happy with what she got

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -

• 2 weeks later...

i write in connection to the above court claim, which you have issued against capital one bank (Europe) plc. I have now had the opportunity to investigate your claim of £XXXXXX

it is denied that these fees are unlawful and they are detailed in your terms and conditions and in our customer welcome pack. Our fees are based on the costs we incur when a customer breaks their contract by making a late payment or goes over their credit limit. The fees are only levied when a customer breaches their contract in this way and can be avoided if payments are maintained and the account kept within the credit limit.

Capital one has acted in accordance with the terms of you credit agreement throughout this matter and it is clear that you have no claim against captial one.

also, after reviewing you request for £899.15 to cover the interest, i can confirm that your calculations ate incorrect. all defaults fees charged to any account are always charged at the purchase interest rate. The total amount of purchase interest we have ever charged to you account since it was opened in october 2000 is £108.08. This amount includes the interest on all of your purchases and only a very small portion of this figure has been charged on the default fees. on the basis of the above, i cannot agree to the proposal of refunding to you the sum of £899.15 to cover the interest.

however, i am prepared to offer, without any admission of liability, a refund of the total amount of interest charged to your account in the sum of £108.08. I'll also refund the sum of £227.83, which is the 8% you are entitled to claim under section 69 of the county courts act 1884. It also means you will have to held an account with us since October 200 without having to pay interest for any of your purchases.

if you do not agree with my calculations, you will need to provide me with a full and accurate breakdown of how you have reached you figure of £899.15

Along with the above offer to refund the interest, I also agree to refund the default fees totalling £583.00. this brings my total offer to £918.91. This refund has cleared you balance and i've arranged to send you a cheque for £493.72 which should arrive within 14 working days.

i hope i have explained things clearly to you and we can move on from here. i would finally request that you contact the court to confirm the settlement and discontinue your claim. this is very important as it is your responsibility to inform the court that your claim is settled and avoid wasting any further valuable court time. we have also written to the court to confirm that we have paid in full.

first off how do i reply to this?

can they take the money on a settled account that was surposed to be full and final settlement?

and can they just ignore the interest?

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -

• 4 weeks later...

settled both claims

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -

• 4 weeks later...

can one of the moderator change this to won please

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -

Will do. . congratulations

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

i gave in, was happy to get my money back and needed to considerate on my exams

My Claims:

Isle of Man Bank -

BarclayCard -

Capital One -

CitiCards -