• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowell PAPLOC now Claimform - old E-ON £3K+ bill

autumn53

Hi good morning,

So sorry to bother you again. I blocked their E.Mail and Text. 

I missed a call this morning at 9 am from 0333 202 4791 and upon googling the number I learned that this number could either be E-ON Debt Collectors or a scam pretending to be E.ON.  (image) What should I say if I get called again and if it is a legit E-ON Debt person.

Also, please I wanted to know what to say if I get someone from E.ON knocking on my  door.

Many many thanks

Missed Call.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again,

I remember blocking the EON number that had been texting me. But, I recd this text now and there is no number to block this time, only an option to hide alerts. Also, last time they threatened to charge me £10 late fee and this time it is £20 for debt collection. I even missed a call from an 0333 number, too petrified to answer.

I feel scared that they'll keep swelling up the £3k bill in their records with late fees and the debt collection charges and keep haunting me forever.

Text.pdf

Sorry if I am being a pain but I got this letter in the mail yesterday. It is like they are not leaving me

alone and I cannot get on with my life normally without E-on taking over my days.

What should I do about these letters?

Will this debt keep growing?

Bill Late Payment.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks DX, I have now read your detailed thread on DAs. I will ignore these messages too. Blocking the number has not helped. The texts are sill making it to my inbox. 

I will ignore any such letters that come through post or any other form of communication from E-ON, but will share its content here just in case.

Thanks a lot.

Anna

HI again,

I missed a call from 01527 419107.

Upon calling back I heard, Thank You For Calling Sigma Red.

I immediately disconnected and blocked the number.

Am I right in thinking I am to ignore Sigma Red's calls/texts/letters/emails etc if any?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends

Another update

Husband received this mail today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "RETUK Ombudsmancomplaints (Retail-D2)" <[email protected]>
Date: 30 May 2022 at 09:59:52 BST
To: (my husband's email)
Subject: Your E.ON Account

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

I am in receipt of your concerns that you have raised with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) with regards to the Subject Access Request you raised.

I have reviewed your account and can see that a request was originally raised on account number 016xxxxx (Old A/c Number)  of which you are third party to on the 11.01.2022 and this was sent out to you via email and post on the 12.01.2022. A new Subject Access Request was re sent on the 09.03.2022.

I am really sorry that a Subject Request was not raised on the other account in your name 016xxxxx (Old A/c Number) and I have raised this for you today and the ICO will also be made aware.

Kind Regards

xxxxx

Kind Regards

xxxxx xxxxx

Ombudsman Liaison Team

T: 0345 3015320

E [email protected]

Customer Disputes
  Trinity House

2 Burton Street

Nottingham

NG1 4BX

www.eonenergy.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They keep pointing to the paperwork they sent (twice) in response to 'MY' SAR for when I held the account instead of what they hold about my 'Husband' when he held the account.

... post #28 and post #35

Thanks 

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I received text, Email, letter and a phone-call from Lowell Portfolio Ltd that I chose not to answer.

I have blocked their number on my phone. I am enclosing the letter and the text.

A little recap

E-On have been trying to back-bill us for over £3k for a meter we once shared for a few months with a vacant chicken farm next door.

During the time the meter was shared, we paid a standard bill via direct-debit and we had no access to the meter next door as the building was locked. 

Eon’s £3k bill was deemed to be back-billing by experts on this forum and I was advised to ignore all communication from E-On as we are covered under Back-Billing rule.

Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Many thanks Honeybee12 for reopening this thread.

2022-09-20 Notice of Assignment to Lowells.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi Bankfodder,

I recently posted a recap via this post.

I am attaching the £3k electricity bill that Eon presented to us in Dec 2021 which was deemed to be 'back billing' here by Dx100UK. 

It is unclear if any reading was taken by Eon during those times when the Meter was shared and sat in the vacant (locked) chicken farm next doors (not owned by us).

We know we were never able to provide any meter readings and had been paying a standard monthly charge via Direct Debit.

EON have now handed it over to LLowel.

Many thanks

Final 3K Bill.pdf

3K Bill Period.pdf

Edited by autumn53
Added attachment

Hi Bankfodder,

1. Dec 2018 We moved to this house and started direct debit for estimated charge.

2. Jul 2020 Our own smart meter installed, old shared meter no longer serving our property.

3. Dec 2021 Date of Final Bill from EON £3277.28 (for period 13.6.20 to 28.7.20 attached)

4. Dec 2021 I call EON. I am asked to prove I do not own the property housing the shared meter.

5. Dec 2021 I raise an SAR with EON which returns with all estimated bills + other docs (attached)

6. Sep 2022 Llowel sends a letter about them handling this account here on.

7. Nov 2022 Llowel sends a letter today considering legal action.

Please let me know if you need more info on this. 

Many thanks

ESTIMATED BILL.pdf 3K Bill Period.pdf Final 3K Bill.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...