Being Forced To Work Overtime Without My Consent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes you can say no to the overtime.

With Autism you have protections under the Equalities act.  Employers have to provide reasonable adjustments, so if your employment contract stated that you would be expected to work overtime arranged by your manager,  this may not be in line with the employers responsibilities under the Equalities act.

Request a 1-1 meeting with your manager and state that you are not able to work overtime at the moment. And that you refer to the protections under the Equalities act, which the employers must apply.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If you have worked for the employers since 2016, I am not sure they could do very much, if you simply stated that you can only work your standard contract hours at the moment.

You don't have to use the Equalities  act and don't have to advise of Autism.  But of course if you did not inform them of a diagnosed condition, how can they understand what help they offer as an employer. 

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Honeybee above.

But the occupational health person is going to ask you about what your own Doctors have diagnosed and what they suggest regarding work adjustments.

Employers with your consent, can write to your Doctors asking for a report to be completed.

If you have an undiagnosed condition or have not see your Doctors for a long time, it is up to you whether you want to go through this process.

For the sake of a few hours extra per week, is it worth it ? Perhaps see how you cope first.

• Like 1

May be this is a kind of test that would help you in the long run ?

You could ask for a 1 to 1 with line manager and simply state the overtime is causing you problems due to Aspergers. Therefore if it becomes too much you will need to return to standard hours.