I Was Looking To Live Scott Free In Private Rented House

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually the title is the opposite of what I wanted to do, but this is what the homeowner would have anyone believe. 

I paid my months up front, but no bond for some reason. Signed a contract online that was for 6 months. House share with 2 other guys. 

I moved in with the premise of a clean home with parking.

I was abroad at the time, so could only "eview" the house on a video. Homeowner told me the house come with parking and a MWB van would fit on the allocated driving space with garage. Turns out the other housemate drove and used that space and thus 'claimed' the space for his car. I had to park the van in an area that said 'visitors only' and as such my van was keyed by neighbor losing me £500 on the sale recently. 

After 2 weeks of living there it was evident the other 2 guys have been mothered all their lives, pissing in the toilet was an issue, as was cleaning old food from kitchen tops and floor.. I am a libertarian at heart, and believe every man and woman has to take control of their lives as they see fit, I could not live in such conditions, and with threatening neighbours and the worry of more damage to my van I simply fixed other living arrangements. Simple.

I told the homeowner I was moving out that her part of the contract in my opinion was not fulfilled (clean and safe house). 

She is now trying to take it to court, and threatening me with court and CCJ action, I laugh at this though as she is simply using the tactic of most DCA's in that they try to pump you with fear as a means to control you. 

What should I do here?

8 minutes ago, Homer67 said:

Have you written to the landlord formally outlining the issues, timeline and your official notice of leaving?

Not 'officially' no. 

I used whatssap (her preferred method of communication) and told her I was not living in such conditions. Letters and emails take more time to process. Plus what was she going to say... "you have no right, shut up" 

Send her one letter, time line, reason for you being unable to stay and what you believe is her breach of contract and confirm the day you left and payments you made coverring the period you did stay.

Then it's up to her if she wants to do court.