• Tweets

• As one of you mentioned above I've been in a mess for nearly 20 years now and I'm ready to sort my credit report out now - the main reason I got into second round of debt is my kids being unwell and the state considering them not unwell enough for extra help so despite my son being in hospital for 3 months in one year we got extra zero help and I eventually lost my job and got into debt to just so I can be تا my sons hospital bed at his time of need - my life basically fell apart and all these debts got me again 
    • Gosh mate I've woke up this morning with half the worry I had last night when going to sleep!.  I can't believe how much this forum has helped me over the years and I don't  have the words to explain the gratitude I feel towards you guys -  Now that I've slept on it I feel ready to reject this company and my plan is to make them an offer to accept payments to date as full and final settlement - I will I think write them a letter once my review is completed or maybe just send it now whilst they are reviewing explaining my kids are unwell for which reason I'm struggling to survive and if I can politely request for them to accept payment to date as a full and final - I'll mention I don't have any cash or anyone to borrow from to offer a full or even part amount of the remaining balance of the iva and therfore am unable to make a offer of payment.   If they agree to at least even put my offer to the creditors then I feel it's better I hang in there and that way I won't have to deal with any possibilities of more defaults and ccjs    Right now the only adverse effects on my credit report are the iva that is now 3 years old and 2 Ccj one coming of this July and one thus October.    But I am worried new action will begin and new defaults and Ccj may start to appear because I've paying into an agreement im under the impression the 6 year rules starts again so yes I have lost of mixed feelings about this but I'm not going to lie you guys have put some life back into my breath this week as for the last 3 years I've felt caged like an animal and this morning I feel freer I can't explain how much but certainly my soul feel lighter today thanks to yin because I'm now viewing this review totally different to I do yesterday thanks to you guys 
    • Court name UNKNOWN Case number ********** Amount N/A Confirmed by Insolvency Service Date issued May 2021 Type Voluntary Arrangement Notes If you have questions about voluntary arrangements you should speak to the Insolvency Service.     I started this in 2021. So it's been about 3 years I've been paying. 
    • Thanks @lookinforinfo@Nicky Boyi sent across the agreement earlier in this thread. No mention of financial reward to the MA. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on the sly. As I said earlier, the owner of OPS is a convicted criminal, with a very shady reputation around these parts.
    • The average high street easy-access account pays 1.7% interest - but savers could earn 5% if they moved their money elsewhere. We look at which banks have the top rates.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

VCS/ELMS Spy car 2*PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform for 1 of them - 'NO STOPPING' BP Station East Midlands airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to East Midlands airport to pick up a friend.

I stopped in a no stopping zone for about a minute then when I saw him pulled forward around 20 metres picked him up and left.

I have received 2 PCN’s from vehicle control services,

one for stopping in a no stopping zone and one for stopping and picking up.

I appealed both and both appeals were rejected I refused to pay, and VCS have passed the debt on to ELMS legal.

They have separated these two offences by over a month when sending out a request to pay the fine, which I did for the first offence but then a month later got the second letter.

I’m thinking of not paying this and they can take me to court but would like peoples opinion on whether I have a case or not maybe legally what they did was right but morally it was wrong can they keep issuing fines like that.

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/ELMS Spy car 2*PCN - 'NO STOPPING' East Midlands airport

1 Date of the infringement

10/12/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 19/12/2019

3 Date received Give answer here

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Not known

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Yes posted below

7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle control services ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] East Midlands airport approach road outside the bp petrol station

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

VCS have passed both PCN’s to ELMS legal to recover the debt, they have sent me a letter before claim

ive also contacted East Midlands airport who basically  say it’s nothing to do with them and that the petrol station have entered into a separate agreement with VCS

1st PCN appeal rtefusal.pdf 2ndt PCN appeal rtefusal.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/ELMS Spy car 2*PCN PAPLOC - 'NO STOPPING' East Midlands airport
  • dx100uk changed the title to VCS/ELMS Spy car 2*PCN PAPLOC - 'NO STOPPING' BP Station East Midlands airport

Yes was stopped on double red lines outside petrol station got no photographic evidence but I’ve just been reading, could this be described as a continuous contravention as both PCN’s were issued within a minute on the same bit of road and therefore the same offence.

should I send a letter to ELMS legal as they seem to be the ones chasing me now.

thanks

I was stopped on the road adjacent to the petrol station, not on the petrol station, then drove approximately 50 meters along the same road to pick up. Here is the adjudicators appeal dismissal :-

I am satisfied that the Appellant was parked in an area where the Operator has authority to issue Parking Charge Notices and to take the necessary steps to enforce them.

A number of images have been provided to me by the Operator which shows the signage displayed on this site. After viewing those images I am satisfied that the signage is sufficient to have brought to the attention of the Appellant the terms and conditions that apply to parking on this site. 

In this Appeal it is clear from the images provided that the Appellant's vehicle was stationary within the restricted area in contravention of the terms and conditions which were prominently displayed throughout the site. The extensive signage on site makes it clear that no stopping is permitted in any circumstances. The wording within the sign is such that it should be easy for any competent driver to read whilst travelling and without stopping. This is the very nature of most road signs. The Appellant would have passed a number of these signs before stopping in the area he did. Therefore the Appellant's argument about grace periods is not accepted. Unfortunately for the Appellant by stopping at all he breached the terms for entering and as a result the Appellant is liable for the parking charge.

The signage at this location clearly indicated to motorists the level of charges that were in force. In view of the fact that the Appellant chose to stop there it confirms that the Appellant agreed to the level of the parking charge if it arose. In addition the recent case in the Supreme Court of Parking Eye and Beavis dealt in part with this issue and decided that that the amount of the parking charge was justified in view of the Operator's overheads and expenses as well as by comparing the charges with those made in the public sector. Therefore the Appellant's argument regarding loss are not accepted.

I have considered all the issues raised by both parties in this Appeal and I am satisfied that the Operator has established that the Parking Charge Notice was properly issued in accordance with the law and therefore this Appeal is dismissed."

As your appeal has been dismissed, the Independent Adjudicator has found, upon the evidence provided, that the parking charge was lawfully incurred.

As this appeal has not been resolved in your favour, the IAS is unable to intervene further in this matter.

You should contact the operator within 14 days to make payment of the charge. 

Should you continue to contest the charge then you should consider obtaining independent legal advice.

Yours Sincerely,
The Independent Appeals Service

Thanks i did not noticed that, I defiantly didn’t enter the petrol station or admit to entering it I can post a copy of my appeal.

when I picked up I did a u turn in the road and drove out

ill look up the letter and post a draft . Thanks

Hi could you have a look at the response I intend to send to ELMS legal

I write in response to your so-called “Letter Before Claim”received in relation to PCN Number VCSxxxx for an alleged parking breach.

I am writing to confirm that I have no intention of paying this ridiculous made-up sum of money for allegedly breaking some imaginary contract with your client.

Aside from the fact you have the location completely wrong as I never stopped in the fuel station, Your clients claim to have cctv footage to prove I did, is obvious garbage. This whole claim is a nonsense and I’m sure any Judge would agree.

Should your client wish to proceed with this farcical claim, I’ll be seeking recovery of costs on the basis of unreasonable behaviour, as well as damages for breach of the DPA 2018

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, just a quick update, 

I now have all the information VCS hold on me and photos to show I was not in the fuel station as they claim.

The date of the 14/02 has passed for their threat to take me to court

how long should i expect to wait to hear from them?

Also should i include in my appeal that the fact they couldn't issue me 2 x PCN's had this happened in a car park (as by their own charter you are allowed a 10 minute grace period)

how can they do it on a private road, and as it is a private road when i asked them for a breakdown of the costs incurred that lead them to the figure of £100 they quoted to me the case of Bevis v parking eye to justify the amount, however i feel this is not relevant as this event took place in a car park.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ive received a claim form today from ELMS saying I have to now pay 235 pounds to money claims online, county court business centre ST Katharines House NN1 2LH. it says i shouldn't ignore it and my options are to defend all this claim, to defend part of this claim or to contest the jurisdiction. There is space on the last page for a defence and counterclaim, could just do with a bit of advice on how to approach this.

cheers

Name of the Claimant :vehicle control services

Claimants Solicitors: ELMS Legal

Date of issue – 10 Mar 2021

Date for AOS - registered with MCOL 11 Mar 2021

Date to submit Defence - 9th april  <<note corrected date of defence filing..dx

What is the claim for ;-

1. The claim is for breach of contract for breaching the term and conditions set on private land.

2.The defendants vehicle ******* was identified in the fuel station, EMA on the 10/12/2019 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely stopping to pick up / drop off in a restricted zone.

3.At all material times the defendant was the registered keeper and / or driver.

4.The terms and conditions upon entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer nearby entering into a contract by conduct.

5.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply, namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

6.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest. 

What is the value of the claim? £235.00

Amount Claimed 160.00

court fees 25.00

legal rep fees 50.00

Total Amount 235.00

That’s true and I’ve got the pictures to prove I was not in the fuel station and I’ve seen the cctv footage they have and it clearly shows me at the top of the road then I reverse back to avoid entering the fuel station and drive out along the same road I drove up.

They have issued me 2 PCN’s within a minute on the same road 20m apart I paid the first one but this second one has got my goat and that why I am where I am now.

I don’t really know what I’m doing but with your guidance I hope to get through this with a good outcome .

Thanks again guys

No paid it back in November thinking they might leave me alone so too late for that, could I get it back through a counter claim if I’m successful in winning? although they are different pcn numbers, in my eyes they are both part of why I’m fighting this second pcn

Hi

i sent a cpr 31.14 to ELMS legal and today they have sent me all the information they hold on me and also the attached document of VCS terms and conditions of contract. I still have whilst the 12/04 to submit my defence just looking for a bit of advice what to say at the moment.

VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICES LIMITED.pdf

Impossible to say from the photo they have I’ve drawn the route I took and the cctv footage they have shows me picking up at point B and then reversing back to avoid going into the fuel station before driving out on the same route I entered 

Bp station Site plan.pdf Audi bp station boundary.pdf Scanned Documents.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/ELMS Spy car 2*PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform for 1 of them - 'NO STOPPING' BP Station East Midlands airport

Is this enough or do I need to include anything about bylaws, POFA etc

I dispute the fact from the claimant that I entered the fuel station. The photos and CCTV evidence they have are inconclusive and does not show my vehicle in the fuel station boundary as claimed by them.

Any better ?

I dispute the fact that I entered the fuel station and therefore any mention of signage within the fuel station is irrelevant.

There is no liability in this matter as East Midlands Airport land is covered by its own bylaws and therefore not subject to POFA 2012