Another Virgin media cancellation problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure we all appreciate your attempt at brevity – but I think that you need to tell us your own story yourself.

Please can you tell us what's happened in a bullet pointed chronology.

We need it – factual, minimal narrative, bullet pointed, chronology, properly spaced and punctuated so it is easy to read – especially when people read it on small screens such as telephones.

Send them an SAR. Do it tomorrow.
Read our customer services guide. Keep on recording your calls – but I have no idea why you tell them that you are doing this? Big Fail!

• Thanks 1

Well in future, record your calls but be disciplined about it and simply listen and record. The more they  are ill mannered then the more useful it is for you later on in the recording.

• Thanks 1

You can email it as well but make sure that the letter refers to the email SAR and gives the date of the email as the request date

It's up to you whether you want to include the last sentence – or indeed any of it. It is your SAR to modifies you think fit. However as already advised, you should keep it as wide open as possible.

Probably best thing to do is to send it in the body of the email rather than an attachment. You don't want to make it to difficult for them.

• Thanks 1

Well if you didn't record the call, then not a lot of it is much help.

In our customer services guide I think that we urge people to practice with their call recorder so they don't make exactly this kind of mistake

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you "hope" that it doesn't start on 12 January? Of course it doesn't.

They have admitted receiving it on 29 December – so time starts from 30 December.

Start counting.

If you want – and to establish a paper trail, write to them and warn them of the start date for the SAR and at what date they will have breached their statutory obligations.

Stop "hoping" things – and start asserting yourself. You are controlling the timescale – not they.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I agree that you should simply wait until the 28. Give them a couple of extra days and then send a letter of claim on the 1st of February.

Make sure that you are actually happy to issue the claim on 15 February and that you are not bluffing. Register onto the moneyclaim website and start preparing your claim. Post your particulars here before you click them off. I suggest that you claim a very modest amount – £50 for the moment.

• Thanks 1

So I understand that you have received the disclosure – is this correct?

You consider the disclosure is incomplete.

You consider that some of the disclosure is inaccurate – and you have a call recording which can prove this. Is this correct?

Making a complaint to the ICO is absolutely useless. Of course you should do it – but not instead of a legal action. In addition to – assuming that you want to take legal action if we find that you still have grounds to do so.

Don't imagine that complaining to the ICO makes any difference to anybody – it doesn't.

Go through the file carefully, I suggest that you index it all and you may even find that it is helpful to list out all the documents on an Excel spreadsheet – note what is there and what is useful to you – but also note what is missing – especially where you can prove that is missing.

I think you will need to do this fairly quickly because the expiry date is at the end of this week and I think that it will be worthwhile writing to them and putting them on notice that the disclosure is incomplete and that you are extending the time for fully complying with the SAR by, say, one week/10 days – after which you will issue a legal action.

However, you need to have gone through the file very thoroughly first so that you are fully understand its contents

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Come back here when you've completed your analysis

• Thanks 1