Moriarty Law - ADCB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Another one that has received exactly the same PAP as the others. I have responded as below but I have not included a CCA as it doesn't advise this on UAE debts.

Response as below;

Ticked Box D and stated I don't recognise the debt and I have yet to receive any paperwork to the contrary.

Ticked Box G advising that i am seeking legal advise in regards to the letter from Moriarty.

Ticked Box I and requested all the documents as advised in the sticky.

I plan to post this today.

Thank you. I have removed the the tick in item g.

I will post more once I have uploaded the redacted documents and will ensure I track this to conclusion.

This is a follow on from a local UAE DCA that regularly contacted different people in my company (anyone they could find) and they also threatened me with interpol.

So after reading information on other threads I have a couple of points;

Action so far

1. I have ignored CWD for more than 18 months and nothing has happened

2. I have ignored IRDW or whatever they are called and nothing has happened

3. I have responded to Moriarty to see what they come back with due to them issuing a LOC / PAP

I would also be interested in;

1. I am being chased by a number of banks that actually advised me to sign the form and they would complete it as the debts I had would stop me from getting the credit. I was desperate and I was trying to find a way out and no documents provided are in my writing.

2. If need be I would like to find a lawyer as I have family members that would like to support me in fighting this.

3. A few DCA's and one that previously operated on behalf of ADCB emailed every email they could find for people in my company.

Lets see how my PAP response goes and I will be back after that!!

• Like 1

I would potentially be willing to work with the banks that I owe money to however so far the conversations have gone like this;

1. They will involve interpol

2. They have contacted my colleagues

3. They have rejected offers for being too low - all I could afford

4. They have told me to pay the amount I have offered but they wouldn't stop the interest therefore never allowing this to be paid.

One debt so far has increased by approximately 588%

Here is the letter (PAP) I received.

In addition to this I received a 'final demand before proceedings' shortly after I received the PAP and well within the 30 days I had to respond.

My response to the PAP as per advice from here is further up this thread. 

04092019, 1607 Office Lens.pdf

and final demand

04092019, ML Final Demand.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • AndyOrch changed the title to Moriarty Law - ADBC
  • 8 months later...

Good morning,

after 8 months (not the 30 days in the letter) and after asking for the items below Moriarty have sent a copy of statements, copy of passport and a copy of an agreement and nothing else requested. Along with this was a letter that states they have sent 'relevant documents' and I have 30 days to respond or they will speak to their client and see how they wish to proceed. 

Any advice on next steps?

·        Original signed finance agreement together with the terms and conditions IN ENGLISH

·        Any notice of change in account terms and conditions that were ever issued since credit approval.

·        Any notice of default or UAE equivalent that was issued by the original creditor.

·        All and every statement of the account including how any interest has been calculated.

·        Proof that UAE Court Judgement has already been gained upon said debt.

·        Proof the UK Pre Action Protocol allows a UK Solicitor to issue a Letter of Claim and/or issue court proceedings concerning a UAE debt. The UAE is not a 'member state'.

·        Any and All other statutes of law, be them UK or otherwise, that the claimant intends to rely upon should they wish to proceed and issue a UK Court Claim 

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/01/2021 at 12:08, ExDubai said:

As expected. They still haven't given me what I asked for after 9 months of the request being sent to them.

Moriarty Email.pdf

Now I have received this via email. Still nothing received regarding regarding the original requests.

I have written to ADCB making an offer.

6 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

Without any interest..how much do you really owe?

£7k without interest, double that with interest. They previously offered a settlement of £4k which I wasn't in a position to accept.