No response to Prelim Letter

shorsted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been following all the advice given on this site to try and recoup all the charges I've had on my Nationwide account and must say its all been very useful!

However I've had no response from the Nationwide tro my prelim letter.

I initially sent the DPA letter and received my bound book back, complied all the charges and then sent off my prelim letter. I wasn't sure where I should send it so just sent it to my branch using 1st class mail.

I've had no response and the 14 days are up to day (14 calendar days that is) Now I'm thinking that they might not have received it! I've noticed that other members have sent theirs recorded to Charles Bacon and also copied him in on email, should I have done that? Who is he and where do I get his address?!

I'm not sure what to do now, should I the letter before action?

Thanks for any help!!

THATS RIGHT...say your unhappy theyve declined your offer of settlement,and that if you havent recieved full refund in a further 14 days...and give them the date..you will be left with no alternative but to file a claim through the courts....then if they havent replied with a refund[which they wont..they will refer to terms and conditions etc) file your claim through the courts..its easy honest..i was bricking it at first but once youve filled in the forms its done..they will know you mean buisiness and will have to pay up...ive just recieved over 2 grand off them its well worth the hassle i can tell you...afterall its YOUR MONEY!!!

Always to good hear when results are made!! Congrats on your refund!!

I sent off the LBA to Charles Bacon by recorded post yesterday along with an email copy and today I received my reply to the prelim letter from Sarah Watson (Member Account Servicing) !!

Quote "Nationwide believes that it is open and transparent about charges and memebers are pre-notified prior to charges being debited via their monthly statements. If, at any time, we make changes to the tariff, account holders are always informed.

I hope that this has helped to clarify our position and you will appreciate why I am unable to refund any charges to your account........"

They then refer to the Financial Services Authoriy Rules and recommend I proceed according to their guidelines if I'm still not happy which is basically going to the Financial Ombudsman

Do you think it matters that my LBA has passes their response in the post? I suppose even if I'd waited another day or so my next step would still have been my LBA. I'm a bit concerned though that I've sent my LBA to a different person?

:confused:

Hi,

I sent my prelim letter to my branch, which was forwarded to Swindon, where I got the usual response of denial that it is unfair. I am now preparing my letter before action and I will just send it to Swindon. It looks like the problem lies with your branch, who probably dont know what to do with the letter and havnt bothered forwarding it to Swindon.

If i was you id just send the letter before action to swindon and mention that you had no response form your previous letter sent to your branch which has angered you even more etc etc

Thats just what id do. I must admit im scared about the court process but looks like it works so im forcing myself to do it :|!!

• Confused 1

Thanks Katie

I have already sent my reply saying that I am disappointed at the lack of response.

You however might want to check out the thread about Nationwide Contact Details as they recommend that you should send your letters to Charles Bacon. Also someone else on here had very fast results from dealing with this chap so I've gone to him too and would recommend that you do to.

Good luck!

Seems to me the only way to get a result without jumping through hoops is to address all the letters to Charles Bacon. He will soon get fed up and issue insstructions to customer services to pay up without the standard delaying tactics.

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Charges refunded 15 April

IGNORE THE LETTER STATING TRANSPARENT CHARGES BLAH BLAH BLAH....its standard issue...i asked them how can their charges be transparent when they fail to give me a detailed breakdown of how they are made up. to which they replied they had asked head office who said they could not provide a detailed breakdown..thats how transparent they are!...just stick to you deadline of your letter to c bacon...then bang in your claim at the courts...its the only way they will listen....ive just filed for judgement on my 2nd claim...this time against the lloyds..they didn't even acknowledge the claim, so hopefully we'are going down the weve paid up because its too expensive to defend route...

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks