• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

@247homerescue broke glass oven door

Mazzh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the forum. 

If you would give us the  exact details of the oven model and details of Home Rescue Company for starters.....

And which Plan/Package did you fall for ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• BankFodder changed the title to 24/7 Home Rescue broke glass oven door
  • BankFodder changed the title to @247homerescue broke glass oven door

https://www.sparesonweb.com/shop/b-miele-door-oven-hobs-31195c1.html

https://www.elementman.co.uk/elements/fan-oven/miele/

Glass = £135.95

Element  = £ 36. 99

What you have already paid = £95.00 ...not sure why you have paid this given you pay a premium to https://247homerescue.co.uk/

Ill ask again which package was you suckered into ?  £12 or £22 per month ?

https://247homerescue.co.uk/appliance-cover-plans/

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Not paid for the element BF paid for a call out to a third party when already paying a premium to 247homerescue.

Also Mazzh how many years have you been paying this premium for ?

Yes we are aware of that...what we we dont understand why you would pay a call out fee when already paying monthly to 247homerescue.

0800 REPAIR COMPANY is liable for the door glass damage.....247homerescue are liable for the call out fee......and also negligent for not fulfilling their contract which you have yet to conform the annual cost.  

Appliance Package Premium 7  £22 pm

image_2020-10-06_121646.png

https://247homerescue.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/pdf/appliance_cover.pdf

Seems misleading when you have to click " Not covered" yet it states your plan covers electric ovens...every oven ever manufactured except 

Miele appliances, coffee maker and ladder fridges

Does " Miele appliances" include electric ovens ? :biggrin:

20. GENERAL EXCLUSIONS :mod:

w. Any damage caused by the approved engineer in gaining access to the home due to the failure of the locks or removing an appliance or any equipment from its operation position in order to affect an emergency repair

Seems strange that the OP opted for this service when I cant see any provision for the application to ask what make and model of every appliance the consumer wished to be covered.

Im sure that 247homerescue wouldnt inadvertently enter the model as a Neff for the agreement to proceed...would they ?

Gets worse....

5. WHAT IS NOT COVERED

There are certain conditions and exclusions which limit your cover. Please read them carefully to ensure this service agreement meets your requirements for this form the basis of our service agreement We do not wish for you to discover after an incident has occurred that you are not protected for this incident.

17. DAMAGES

We will take all reasonably practicable steps to avoid damaging your home during the course of your repairs. We will fill in any holes and reassemble fittings and features as required but will not replace or repair any damages that were caused by the existing fault. We will only be liable to recompense you for damages caused by negligence of our engineer or instructed engineer. If damage is caused by the 10 manufacturers engineer we will not be held responsible. By agreeing to a repair, you accept that some slight property damage may be an inevitable consequence of the repair.

https://247homerescue.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/pdf/appliance_cover.pdf

Thats for Boiler Care and Central Heating...the electrical emergency cover would not cover your appliances. 

But did they......

Our Miele oven stopped working and tripped fuse. As we have boiler and electrical cover with HOME RESCUE  we called them and they arranged for a call out from 0800 REPAIR COMPANY costing £95 for call out.

Or did you Mazzh ring them and arrange it after they provided a Third Party Engineer phone number ?

The devil is in the detail :biggrin:

Good that clarifies that point.....

So back to my previous post....

17. DAMAGES

We will take all reasonably practicable steps to avoid damaging your home during the course of your repairs. We will fill in any holes and reassemble fittings and features as required but will not replace or repair any damages that were caused by the existing fault. We will only be liable to recompense you for damages caused by negligence of our engineer or instructed engineer. If damage is caused by the 10 manufacturers engineer we will not be held responsible. By agreeing to a repair, you accept that some slight property damage may be an inevitable consequence of the repair.

1 minute ago, Mazzh said:

£95 we paid was with 247 homerescue for excess

So not a call out fee as per your initial post ?

Our Miele oven stopped working and tripped fuse. As we have boiler and electrical cover with HOME RESCUE  we called them and they arranged for a call out from 0800 REPAIR COMPANY costing £95 for call out.

Then you either...... kick them into touch.....unless you wish to retain the agreement for your Boiler/CH.....Request a refund of the excess as the repair never happened.Request compensation for the damaged glass (that could go towards the cost of a replacement oven)This policy was never suitable for the type of claim you made.

Get the parts yourself as per the links I have provided earlier...and do it yourself...its really quite simple to fit an element and replace the glass.

Or scrap it and get a new oven ...not necessarily a Miele or a brand new one..reconditioned are quit good and cheap....simply measure the opening in the housing unit to make sure the replacement will fit....some newer ovens can now be connected with a 13amp plug and lead but if its a 30 amp direct wire its a simple task for a competent person or friend  otherwise get a tradesman to connect it.

Andy