• Tweets

• for the sake of history, i've merged your old sadly failed charges reclaim court claim. have they ever sent you a default notice regarding this mortgage? dx  
    • I am financially at  point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel regarding my debts. I have one remaining and I am interested to see what my options could be. I have be in contact with the Citizen’s Advice Bureau and the National Debt Helpline, but their advice has been a little more generic (but still helpful). This debt is 12 years old and is now owing around £3k. It was a bank loan and has been passed to several creditors over the years. A payment plan has always been in place and is up to date. I get statements every 6 months. There has never been a CCJ. I have been sent the letters advising of change of ownership. Following my own review of my finances, I decided to contact the current creditor to see if they have a copy of the credit agreement. I regarded this as due diligence as the debt has been sold on several times. The creditor updated me several times saying they had requested the document from the original lender. After 12 months of this they wrote to me saying they had not received it but were still waiting and would send it once received. The last letter was over 6 months ago. I then submitted a freedom of information request to the current and original creditor. The original creditor supplied one, but the current one did not include one in the pack they sent me. I went back to them to ask specifically about this as it was what I requested in my request. They replied saying the debt was sold to them as one without the credit agreement and they did not have it. They have requested it above, so I believe that means they cannot obtain it either for the FOI request. I contacted the original creditor and exercised my ‘right to be forgotten’, under the Data Protection Act, which they have complied with. I also got my up to date credit file and this debt is not showing on it with the current creditor or any others. I contacted the creditor and made them an early settlement offer. They do have an early settlement offer in place on their portal, but I was advised to try to get a reduction via negotiation. I have not heard back from them yet, but I understand through a separate upheld compliant it has or will be refused. Due to this complaint and the creditor putting the account on hold I had stopped payments, and advised them of this. To date, they have not contacted me about resuming payments since the complaint is resolved, but it has only been a few weeks. I am annoyed that they were not honest with me about not having the credit agreement, because that is not being transparent and I understood they should tell you if they do not have it.   I have two questions (but am open to anything else anyone would like to add): 1) Based on the above, does anyone think this account enforceable? I do not think it is? 2) Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed? I could resume payments and then settle early. If the above had not happened, I may have just done that. Thank you for any help or input anyone can provide. It is appreciated.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

maxine989 v NatWest ***WON***

maxine989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi maxine,

What did I say previously...there's only one word for them maxine, and that's plonkers!!!!

You go girl, I'm routing for ya, got those fingers and toes fingers crossed again:D:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go get em Maxine!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

It cost me £55... and said it could take up to two weeks!!! They have to send the warrant up to the head office in London...

It's all done now, so I can do nothing but wait.

I noticed on the judgment form that the amount due did not have the extra bit of interest on it... the interest that has accumilated since the day I originally filed at court, up to today. If and when they make a payment, how do I go about getting the interest back if they haven't paid it...as already it is almost £100.00??

Any ideas anyone?

Moodle

Firstly well done on getting down to the court, I am sure it will take less than 2 weeks [if I was the bailiff a nice visit to lloyds is a lot more fun than wandering around tower hamlets]

How did you apply the wording on the original claim because you should have used the " " interest at a daily rate of x to be added to the claim to point of judgement or settlement whichever is earlier, or along those lines assuming you did back to court and ask them to add it to the existing claim , if not back to court to start a new claim [so i hope you added it!]

best wishes and keep us to date.

Having read many threads, I believe that when they finally make you an offer, you happen to put in your response that you will accept the amount providing they reimburse you the charge/ interest accumulated since the claim was filed and to date. Failure to do so will result in you taking them to court all over again.

If you have a butchers at thecobbetslayers' thread you'll see he ended up taking them to court for the AQ fee, it's great reading, well worth the look:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

How did you apply the wording on the original claim because you should have used the " " interest at a daily rate of x to be added to the claim to point of judgement or settlement whichever is earlier, or along those lines assuming you did back to court and ask them to add it to the existing claim , if not back to court to start a new claim [so i hope you added it!]

best wishes and keep us to date.

Yes Neil... Luckily I did the correct woring in the particulars.

Thanks for the well wishes... I will keep you posted as to what happens over the coming days.

Muggins... will take a look at the thread you mentioned.

Ta.

Maxine :-)

Moodle

Go get em Maxine!!

Thanks deller........ I wish I was a fly on the wall when the baylifs (sorry if it's spelt wrong... It's not a word I've had to write often and so I am not sure about that) enter the head office... hee hee. Ooo it would be very satisfying!

Moodle

Gosh, I'm almost peeing myself with excitement:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

There was a knock at the door this morning at 8am in the middle of the hectick time of getting all the kids up and ready for school...

I went to the door but the postie had already drove away leaving a red docket stating there was a 'sign for' letter waiting at the post office in 5 hours time.... ooooo what can it be.... 5 hours passed and with the littlest child wrapped up to face the winter elements I strolled down the the post office with the buggy...

What did I find???

Yes, you've guessed it... a great big fat cheque with a RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) letter head... which confused me somewhat...they must own Natwest i assume... anyway.... I was shaking with excitment... YIPPEEEE

I WON I WON!!! I'm too excited to write wat the letter said now... i will do it later after I have calmed down and had a bath and a glass of wine...

(I have won on account number 1 anyway.... account number 2 is going to court... had defence and questionare yesterday)

So... I continued down to my brach and paid it in... what a relief... at last!!! One of many claims I have on the go has finally been settled.

Thank you so much everyone... right... as soon as the cheque clears I will donate... how do I do it???

I Won...YAY!!!!

:smile::D :o :D:smile:

Moodle

Ah thanks Neil... I am all calm now... Yay... I won I won!!

This is what the letter said for anyone who's interested. I hope I am not doing anything wrong by typing it's contents... I am sure I am not as I have seen similar letters on here... just gives me a shudder!!

Claim Number: ********

The above claim has been passed to the Group Litigation section of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Would you please address all future correspondence in this matter to this address.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £*,***.00 in respect of the Default Judgment you obtained. This sum is paid in full and final settlement of your claim. Please also note that the payment is made with no admission of liability and is subject to youur agreement not to court publicity, or disclose or refer to any third party the background to this matter, and to keep the terms of this settlement strictly private and confidential.

Yours Faithfully

Benjamin Mathers

Trainee Solictor

ooppss!

yay I won....

Moodle

May I be the second...

Great news, now it's just a matter of waiting for account #2 to follow suit, which I am in no doubt will do soon.

To donate all you need to is click on the buttton at the very top of this page, they'll ask you to complete a survey to.

Once more, well done, maxine:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Well that was definately not 2 weeks! well done suggest you write a final letter back acknowleding payment and confirming that you did not agree to there added terms, you should also write a letter to the court confirming receipt of the payment .

Neil

Thanks for your congratulations

Well, I have got to go down to the court today to take the Allocation Questionnaire for the other claim, so I will mention the settlement to them when I am there.

I have go 5 things to do at the court today...

1. The questionnaire for Natwest ac no.2

2. Let them know that Natwest ac no.1 has been settled

3. Judgement on Halifax... 28 days are up and no defence submitted

4. Judgement on Barclays bank... ditto

4. Order under section 7 blar blar Data Protection against Barclaycard (no statements)

It's all go...

But I just keep thinking... I WON I WON!!

Moodle

Thanks for your congratulations

Well, I have got to go down to the court today to take the Allocation Questionnaire for the other claim, so I will mention the settlement to them when I am there.

I have go 5 things to do at the court today...

1. The questionnaire for NatWest ac no.2

2. Let them know that Natwest ac no.1 has been settled

3. Judgement on Halifax... 28 days are up and no defence submitted

4. Judgement on Barclays bank... ditto

4. Order under section 7 blar blar Data Protection against Barclaycard (no statements)

It's all go...

But I just keep thinking... I WON I WON!!

Blimey, lovey not that much to do then!!!!! LOL

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I know...

At the beginning of all this I made the mistake a starting all of my claims off at the same time... and now it seems as though there is always something that needs doing.

I feel like I am working in an office... my back room (the computer room) looks like an office with piles of papers here and there. I have big lists and a big calendar planner poster on the wall.

Phew... some days my head is spinning with all the things I have going on.

It will all be worth it in the end. I am hoping to get myself out of debt by doing all this.

I went to the court today and got all the things done. Now I need to write a letter to the court (where the summonds was sent to) to explain that I have received a payment. I am going to cook dinner now and so will be tapping away on the computer later when my hubby is busy watching the football. Oh it's a hard life for my man... finishes work at 3pm then he lights a fire -in the fire place- and cracks open a beer. He's off snowboarding on Saturday for a week leaving me to contend with three kids... ARGGHHH... Oh I don't mind really, as I am having a girly weekend in Brighton when he gets back.

I notice muggins... you live in the new forest... nice.

Moodle

I can't imagine what it feels like to win...... MANY CONGRATS!!!! And good luck with your other claim. I hope to join you in the successes forum very soon x

It feels great although I wont see any of the dosh. I am going to be sensible and pay off my credit cards. Good luck to you too... :-)

Moodle

This is the letter I am sending to the court.

Clerkenwell & Shorditch County Court

The Gee Street Courthouse

29-41 Gee Street

London EC1V 3RE

Claim Number: ********

Claimant: Maxine989

Defendant: Natwest Bank plc

Dear Sir/Madam

I recently won my case by default and entered the judgement requesting immediate payment. However, after 7 days I still had not receive payment from the defendant and so I issued a warrant against Natwest Bank for the total of £*,***.00 plus costs.

In the correspondence from Natwest (via The Group Litigation Section of The Royal bank of Scotland) it states that the judgement I obtained is a full and final settlement of my claim and that payment is made with no admission of liability and is subject to my agreement not to court publicity, or disclose or refer to any third arty the background of this matter. The defendant also states I must keep the terms of this settlement strictly private and confidential. I wish to inform the court that I accept the sum of £*,***.00 as a settlement although I do not agree to the defendant’s added terms.

I also wish to confirm that I have received a cheque for the £*,***.00 and so only require the warrant costs of £55 recovered.

Your Faithfully

maxine989

Moodle

• 2 weeks later...

Me again

So account 1 is all done and dusted...

Now account number 2...

In this mornings post I had a copy of Cobbetts Allocation Questionare. In the 'other information' section it said this:

The Claimant has not shown that he has reasonable grounds for bringing the claim and despite the Defendant requesting that the Calimant remedy the lack of particularity pleaded in the particulars of Claim, the Claimant has failed to do so. Case managements directions cannot be proposed until the Claimant fully particularises his claim. In light of this, the Defendant may amend its Defence or apply to ostrike out.

Sorry to sound a bit dumb, but.... :confused:

I have had no request to remedy the lack of particularity ... and I have gone through the whole claim using the usual standard procedures. I assume this is just another hoop to make me jump through...

I don't really understand what they are saying... are they saying that they may strike out my claim?? Are they asking the judge to strike my claim off??

Anyone get any ideas on this?

Moodle