• Tweets

• I decided on confrontation - which I hate.  Omg the arrogance of the driver.  They refused to say who had given them the alleged permission to park on the private land - unless I proved ownership.  I couldn't believe they could be so objectionable.   They advised they couldn't take public transport to work as they lived too far away.  They couldn't rent a local garage as none were available. I simply said that's their issue not mine. It was infuriating that this person had such misplaced entitlement.  However I decided to humour them and show them the title deeds.   They couldn't respond.  Although at this point they alleged some guy in a city up north - whose name they couldn't remember - gave permission!!    They then asked if they could buy the garages and land!! Yet can't afford to park on a meter !! They seemed to back down and agree to now park elsewhere.  I hope so. 
    • I've worked out the contractor invoiced apx 250k - Without adding vat to the invoices.  So based on above he should have added vat to all invoices once he reached 85k?  Obviously he had to pay his labourers - would those payments get taken off what he received?  Or it doesn't matter cos he invoiced for the high sum?
    • Greetings, I'm writing to seek assistance with an ongoing issue I'm having with Manchester Council.  I parked my car in a residential area behind Wilmslow Road to go purchase some food, not realizing it was a no-parking zone. I later received a letter stating I had failed to make the required payment, and the penalty had increased. I appealed the fine, explaining that I had parked there but never received the original Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), so I was unaware of the need to pay. However, the council's reply did not address my initial concern. Is there anything I can do in this situation? I admit to parking there, and I was willing to pay the original fine, but I don't think it's fair for them to demand a doubled amount when they failed to send me the initial PCN.  Any advice or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.   MK Document.pdf
    • If you look at some of the other debt related threads will see that one of the first things which will be asked will be for you to list out your debts in a brief chronological order, including date of debt, amount, creditor, amount outstanding, defaulted – yes/no – date of default, date of last payment made, have you acknowledged the debt at all to the creditors. That lot at least. I expect that my colleague @dx100uk will be along but will meet to know at least that information
    • Hi, I have found this group very helpful hence I am here seeking help and advice.   I got myself into a situation where I have now more than £50k in unsecured debts (personal loans & credit cards) and things are now getting out of control as I am struggling to make payments. This is purely my own created situation and I am taking 100% responsibility for it. I am keen to get out of this situation as soon as possible hence I would appreciate any help and advice in this process. I am employed at the moment and don’t want to risk going into IVA or bankruptcy as this would risk losing my job. Being sole bread earner of my family, I cannot afford to lose my job. I have been trying to keep up with the payments so far and had few missed payments instances until 3/4 months ago but got caught up with missed payments somehow using my savings. All my debts are still with original lenders. However I know I am getting into same situation again shortly and won’t be able to get out of it again. I have started exploring Debt Management Plan (DMP) option through StepChange but haven’t submitted it yet. Based on budgeting, I have around £820 available to make payments to all lenders after taking care of all other essential expenses. This is definitely lot more affordable than what I am currently paying to different lenders. 1. Is DMP right option for me in current situation? 2. what are the negative consequences of availing DMP? 3. is there something else that I can do to get out of this situation? I’m determined to clear out all my debts but need bit of breathing space and time. Let me know please if you need any additional information. Thanks in advance for all your help and guidance. MM  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking at a few interesting things..long and slow reading but had to post this gem that just about sums it up.

10 reasons as to why the Titanic was actually a securitisation instrument:

1)The downside was not immediately apparent.

2) It went underwater rapidly despite assurances it was unsinkable.

3) Only a few wealthy people got out in time.

4) The structure appeared iron-clad.

5) Nobody really understood the risk.

6) The disaster happened overnight London time.

7) Nobody spent any time monitoring the risk.

8 )People spent a lot trying to lift it out of the water.

9) People who actually made money were not in original deal.

10) Despite the disaster, people still went on other ships.

I've found a site that is dedicated to securitisation and all aspects of it including bankruptcy.

Web's most comprehensive securitization resource

Securitization news and developments

By far the most in depth, up-to-date and easy to read site. It's global so you can compare the laws in the UK, against Europe and the rest of the world.

Any transfer in title from being equitable will attract stamp duty and it seems that bottoms should be covered in insolvency. The auditors and the CDOs' need a rocket up theirs for deliberatey turning a blind eye (sorry Gordon) to the inevitable.

Apparently we have defaulted our SPO...(not)

Got a letter stating unless we pay £12.68 before 14th oct there going for repo..yes you did read right £12.68..how pathetic,this is the 3rd letter in under 2 weeks,with all different amount to be paid.

How about we all club together & strike a picket outside the head office,surely we must be able to get some media attention that way!!

We had the same thing Dotty. Letters in succession that each quoted different amounts without any reason. All you can do is fire off letters back to them and ask them what the fluff they are playing it. Sit back and wait for their pathetic response and then do the same again. Keep the ball in your court and back them into a corner..they sit very quietly and behave themselves.

I've always said I'd love nothing more than a group visit to Capstones HQ and a friendly chat with Mr Merek.

Edited by Crapstone

Alot of your comments have made me laugh & really cheered me up!! Especially EIE about the bourbons,thank guys & girls :)

I hope they do take it to court,what do you think the judge would say about the amount? I'm sure he would think his time was being wasted!!!

I don't think Mr Marek would even know how to spell RESERVED COSTS & COURT ORDERS never mind understand them.

I'd like to think the judge would do what's right but as the whole system is corrupt and money speaks volumes :mad:....

Mr Marek....The one who believes he can baffle a consumer by talking cow pats as it's far too complicated for us to understand. Throw a spanner in the works and he tightens his nuts to barely a squeak.

If he's reading this thread I think he'll be stocking up on Arrowroot biscuits instead of the usual Hobnobs :D And I'll be taking me own tea ..I've had enough poison from them and they'll probably charge a £50 dishwashing fee with the terms written on the bottom of the cup.

Edited by Crapstone

Originally posted by EIE

THE MASTER OF THE ROLLS’ COURT COURT 71

Before THE MASTER OF THE ROLLS

LORD JUSTICE LONGMORE and

LORD JUSTICE PATTEN

Tuesday, 13th October, 2009

At half-past 10

APPEALS

From The Chancery Division

FINAL DECISIONS

A3/2009/1797 Belmont Park Invesments PTY Ltd & ors -v- BNY Corporate Trustee Services Ltd & anr. Appeal of 2nd Defendant from the order of The Chancellor of the High Court, dated 28th July 2009, filed 17th August 2009.

As far as I am concerned in my humble opinion this is the core issue,the securitization debate will soon be academic( I cannot see why this debate is still continuing when the above current major case states exactly the position with the equitable and legal titles pertaining to lehmans operation) if this appeal is dismissed as it may well be.PWC are already preparing to offer the investment funds legal title to the mortgage pool and this appeal if it goes against Lehmans will have exactly the same effect except it will be in law.This will entail SPML/PML etc being compelled to transfer the legal title to the first charge on your home to another party ie:the investment banks ,pension funds etc.and this is happening now.

This will involve an application to the Land Registry for registration of the charge in the name of a different entity and we need to know what is our best course of action when this happens.As I have already said you have the opportunity to object to the registration of the charge such an objection if it has grounds will then be referred automatically to the land registry adjudicator if it has grounds.Such grounds would involve the whole new contractual basis of your mortgage which must be identical with the original mortgage.This is the time to raise all your contractual grievances and try and renegotiate your contract to the original ones you signed or thought you signed with spml/pml.What I dread happening is that capstone will still administrate the mortgages for the new legal titleholders I cannot see how else they will achieve the changeover without pandemonium.But the application to the land registry gives everyone an opportunity they will never have again.Stick a Restriction on now and they will be in real trouble.

I would respectfully submit that this needs everyone's urgent consideration and comments as this is is my opinion the central issue.

Replied to on:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/210243-mortgage-securitisation-equitable-legal-3.html

Ok..my head is a bit fuddled but I need a distraction.

From the outset these are some issues, from my own personal view, that have had a negative effect on the consumer.

1. The high solicitors fees and the pressure to use one in common rather than seeking your own advice.

2. Capstone/SPML refusing reasonable payment plans when the account is in arrears.

3. Capstone/SPML accepting payment plans but still insisting on continuing with court action to further their position.

4. The economic cycle and past papers make it clear that should a recession happen it would have an adverse effect on companies and consumers who are exposed to the risks. A 35 year promise was a long one to make.

5. Capstone/SPML seem that they are only in the position to offer compensation or refunds against accounts and not produce them in another form.

6. Payment dates and methods are not flexible.

7. Capitalisation, even in the early stages of arrears is denied. It can be given at later times but only when they have more to gain.

8. Insurance again...

9. As a giant pyramid scheme the amount of investors and customers to fund the venture had to dry up sooner or later. Even minor changes in law, tax and consumer protection could have seen it crash sooner..and again 35 years for mortgages was a long term promise to keep.

10. Obviously had to make it a round 10 ..so I'll throw in that the paperwork was so indequate that SPML couldn't have given 2 hoots what funding you had to pay off the mortgage. They didn't keep the papers long enough to intend to check back on them.

Edited by Crapstone

Ignore me ..I'm having a blonde moment, just one of many. I've just got the drift of what you mean ryde or at least I think I have but don't hold much hope.

Looking back at the Pender case they were saying that the assignee should have been party to the case. The judges ruled it wasn't needed as the lender could act on their behalf as a given right of the securitisation in being equity only.

IF the the assignee were to assume the rights and contractual terms of the lender where would that put the numerous number of suspended repossessions held in SPMLs name and any ongoing disputes? Are they in a position to be able to adhere to the court orders and take them over?

Would our rights be compromised if the assignee were outside of Europe, the UK or the country in which the contract was made?

I'm not explaining it very well am I?

Hi GR

just for clarification the above posts were by supersleuth not Suetonius. I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis and with your sentiments. What we are really witnessing here and have done since the 1970s is the massive and irreversable polarisation of society. Even the old Tories of the 1950s were guided by the noblesse oblige. No more. Not even a labour government has the courage of its historical principles.

And what happens when the councils run out of stock? You are at the bottom of the pile having made yourself intentionally homeless anyway. Sorry posting on a mobile and the battery is about to give in. I'll try to make myself a bit clearer later. Cheers.

Homeownership has to be the biggest farce. It's never truly yours even when the mortgage is paid as it's an asset to be secured upon and does nothing but bleed money in the direction of the government.

Work hard and show a bit of initiative to take the burden off the state and what do you get in return when times get tough? Fluff all..It makes you sick when so many people are blagging the system and have a secure roof over their heads at the tax payers expense. In some cases it's more than one if you managed to 'flip' and become a property developer in the guise of being an MP.

In my view it's a start on the recognition of their own failings and the pressure put on the consumer. If they admit it and elaborate it can only help our cases.

One of the points I noted was that they picked up on the fact that there was never any intention for the contract to be fulfilled and the lenders knew that and the clauses reflect it. The LTV is high and so are the redemption penalties ..you have no scope to escape when all the fees and charges have been added to the account. They passed the book ....

I agree it's no time for a love in..but flattered :D..I'm a 'darling'..:)

I don't know if anyone else has done the calculations and I don't blame you if you haven't. The variables and payments would equal a deficit at some time sooner or later, usually sooner and the long term then speaks for itself.

Some of the companies didn't give their stats so it's only what the FSA has gathered so far. Capstone won't release anything even though their fees are common knowledge. Like getting blood from a stone...

Little Dotty have you written to them and asked about securitisation? I did..got an initial fob off but then they admitted it and gave the company name and dates. Did you have your own insurance already? It seems common that even if you are not in arrears they WILL NOT refund anything, they only take it from the sum owing leaving the consumer X amount of £'s short for managing their income. A way of grabbing as much overpayment as they can.

JonCris, the FSA have known what the risks were for years and how it could all belly up. Any person that is educated in basic economics could have predicted the cycle and what was coming. We have natural cycles of boom and bust..the government are there to smooth them out and act accordingly to prevent them.

Too busy taking the cream and the fiscal policies flew out of the window . So much for Prudence Brown and the fiasco Labour have created. A red tape society for all those acting in good faith but no teeth to bite it with. Blame everyone but keep quiet all the papers that show it was inevitable if we adopted the same securitisation ways of the US.

They knew that's why they have filtered in various aspects on brokers. A strange comparison but it's like buying a sausage roll from Greggs and being allowed to just sniff it and take a nibble. It has a sell by date and once that has passed it's consigned to the bin.

As far as I remember LMC was one of the first to close it's doors as a spin-off from SPML. Business was passed to SPML but all still goes through Capstone or the other admin. company (Oakwood?) as they are now just names.

As for the insurance....they charge you for not taking out their own insurance (which only cover them) and for checking yours is suitable(?), has the insured sum on and their marked interest ( either SPML or someone you haven't heard of). The 'fee' is around £100 and you have to pay a similar arrangement fee even if they put in place block insurance to protect only their interest.

They are never happy with any insurance you provide and will delay and delay until they have taken enough premiums and arrangements fees. They will then only refund these back to the mortgage account and not to the account they were taken from. Easy money and a way of clawing back arrears or adding charges.

In all 6 years of being with them they have never made it easy to submit insurance and we go through the same comical routine of sending it at least 3 times and they lose it, deny it's validity...This year they have excelled themselves and asked for it 2 months early ..or else..

Has SPML/Capstone been taken over by the Italians?

Anyone else had a mortagage statement with ALL fees refunded today?

A whopping £3k wiped off in a year and that's besides what we had back from the FOS decision.

Obviously someone has had a word in their shell like.......:D:D:D

Still have to go over the statement as they still say the arrears are the same and logged on Experian as 6 months worth.

There is no enclosed explaination..just the statement ..showing everything refunded. Too bloody right that the FSA have come down on them ..I'm just astounded they have jumped ship so soon seeing as they were so confident their fees were fair...

I'm going after them for every penny I can get now. I've still got an outstanding claim going through the FOS..and to think I wasted all those recorded delivery fees ;):eek::D

I agree we need to hit them while they are down but at this rate there is going to be nothing left of them. Capstones business is fee based and without that it's curtains for them very soon.. pass me a violin, a very small one.

Edited by Crapstone

It must be the pressure. The last letter I had from them was a 'stuff you' one and they were clinging tight to the fees and kicking up a song and dance.

Someone has greased their pole and scuppered their already sinking ship. All we need now is for others to say they have had the same on their statements and confirm it's not just me that is the chosen one, which I very much doubt.

Mr Merek would be more likely to set fire to my bed than hand me a gesture of goodwill after the heated exchanges we've had in the past.

Well done everyone! We are seeing results of all the hard work put in on bringing them down and hopefully it's their turn to see what it's like to struggle.

EIE It's a regular statement...Showing everything refunded and it's not a result from my actions I'm sure of that.

It would seem that they have HAD to make refunds, hence no explaination. If the FSA hushed up who the companies were then we are hardly likely to get letters of apology or a reason for the refunds.

Edited by Crapstone

I'll keep the champagne on ice until one other Capstone sub-prime garbage victim confirms likewise. Bloody posties!

Should we all send Marek a packet of biscuits, in lieu of the meeting we never got with him. Rich Tea is top of my list.

Hopefully someone will confirm the same and soon...

I think Marek will be in need of Arrowroot bikkies or a large dose of Immodium if my thoughts are correct :D