• Tweets

• Thank you. You contacted directly with the parcel broker so your best option is to proceed directly against them for breach of contract. I hope you have read enough to understand that you will not be able to rely on the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Do you understand why? Have Parcel to Go giving you a reason for declining reimbursement? Do you have anything in writing from your customer which shows that they did not refuse delivery and which identifies the actual circumstances of the situation?
    • Which Court have you received the claim from?  CIVIL NATIONAL BUSINESS CENTRE, NORTHAMPTON Name of the Claimant?  LOWELL PORTFOLIO LTD How many defendant's joint or self?  SELF Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.  03 MAY 2024 Particulars of Claim What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?  THE CLAIM IS FOR THE SUM OF £6000 DUE TO THE DEFENDANT UNDER AN AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER ACT 1974 FOR A LLOYDS BANKING GROUP PLC ACCOUNT WITH AN ACCOUNT REFERENCE OF (ACCOUNT NO. 16 DIGITS LONG). THE DEFENDANT FAILED TO MAINTAIN CONTRACTUAL PAYMENTS REQUIRED BY THE AGREEMENT AND A DEFAULT NOTICE WAS SERVED UNDER S.87(1) OF THE CONSUMER ACT 1974 WHICH HAS NOT BEEN COMPLIED WITH. THE DEBT WAS LEGALLY ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT ON (DATE) NOVEEMBER 2016 NOTICE OF WHICH HAS BEEN GIVEN TO THE DEFENDANT. THE CLAIM INCLUDES STATUORY INTEREST UNDER S.69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 AT A RATE OF 8% PER ANNUM FOR THE DATE PF ASSIGNMENT TO THE DATE OF ISSUE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS IN THE SUMBE OF £0.00. THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS THE SUM OF £6000. What is the total value of the claim? £6500 Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? YES, NOTICES OF CLAIM.  Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  YES  Did you inform the claimant of your change of address?  NO Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?  CREDIT CARD When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007?  BEFORE   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post?  I DONT RECALL   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ?  NO   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  DEBT PURCHASER.   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? THE FIRST I RECALL WAS A LETTER FROM LOWELL SAYING THEY NOW OWNED THE DEBT.  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?  NOT THAT I RECALL OR BEEN PROVIDED WITH THROUGH CCA REQUESTS.AT LAST REQUEST THEY SAID THEY WERE AWAITING THE DEFAULT NOTICE AND NO ACTION WOULD BE TAKEN UNTIL RESPONDED WHICH TO DATE I'VE NOT HAD OR SEEN.  Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  NO, I RECEIEVED LETTERS OF CLAIMS   Why did you cease payments?  I WAS UNDER MEDICAL CARE WHICH CAUSED ME NOT TO WORK. AROUND THAT TIME LOWELL HAD WANTED ME TO INCREASE MY PAYMENTS AS IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO CLEAR THE DEBT. I HAD BEEN PAYING THEM WHAT I WAS PAYING THE BANK. I EXPLAINED MY THEN HEALTH & FINANCIAL POSITION AND THAT I WAS UNABLE TO DO SO. THEY PUT A HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT FOR A FEW MONTHS SO I CANCELLED MY DIRECT DEBIT. I MADE A FULL AND FINAL OFFER WHICH WAS REJECTED. WHEN THEY WANTED PAYMENTS TO RESUME I EXPLAINED I WAS IN A WORSE FINANCIAL POSITION, STILL UNDERTAKING TREATMENT AND NOW UNEMPLOYED SO COULD NOT START PAYMENTS AS THEY WANTED. AFTER SENDING MY FINANCIAL SPREADSHEET THEY KEPT SENDING LETTERS ASKING WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO. I COULDN’T SEE A WAY FORWARD I FELT STREESSED AND UNDER PRESSURE SO WROTE THAT I WOULD NOT BE CORRESPONDING WITH THEM ANYMORE.    What was the date of your last payment? NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2018   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? NO   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? I COMMUNICATED MY FINANCIAL PROBLEMS WITH THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY, WE MADE A MONTHLY PAYMENT AGREEMENT WHICH WAS KEPT FOR SEVERAL YEARS UNTIL DEBT WAS SOLD.  
    • Perhaps you would care to read this and reflect on your continuing comparison of Israel to Nazi Germany Jugg    ALEX BRUMMER: How grotesque of pro-Palestine protesters to besmirch Auschwitz, the place where my grandparents died WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK As the son of a refugee from the horrors of the Holocaust, I can feel nothing but contempt for the ignorance, gross... My elderly aunt Sussie and cousin Sheindy had been teenagers at Auschwitz and Belsen but survived and are alive to this day. What they will make of the protesters who waved flags, heckled and chanted as Israelis took part in the March Of The Living – the annual walk from Auschwitz to Birkenau – I cannot imagine. The images now circulating of the protesters are indescribably disturbing. They can only bring back memories of those final moments Sheindy shared with my grandparents when my grandmother Fanya squeezed her hand and told her to lie about her age to avoid the gas chambers. Claiming she was older, and could work, meant that Sheindy lived, not died. The outrage perpetrated by Hamas on October 7 has brought back the most terrifying memories for these two women – memories of pillage, mutilation and starvation. The Holocaust, or Shoah to use the Hebrew word, was the deliberate, industrial-scale killing of Jews.  It is bad enough that pro-Palestinian and pro-Hamas sympathisers have chosen to steal the language of the Holocaust.  Any comparison between Israel's retaliation and the monstrous genocide of the 1940s is odious and anti-Semitic
    • Thank you JK2054 and BankFodder for your replies. The information requested is as follows:   My wife and I are sole traders supplying bespoke, handmade wedding trays and other items through our website. We do not sell on ebay. We had an order for two trays (invoice value £370) that were shipped on Monday 25th March. We used P2G as the broker and Evri as the shipper. We declared the value but did not take out insurance. As the trays were a present for a wedding on Saturday 30th March we checked the progress of delivery on the Thursday to see that there had been an attempt to deliver on the 27th but the driver failed to deliver as the customer’s gate was shut (customer informs us that the gates are open between 7am-7pm. We contacted the customer who informed us she had been waiting in all week and there had been no attempt of a delivery. Evri allege they attempted to deliver on the 28th & 29th. On the P2G web site on the 4th April at 14.17 it stated that the customer refused delivery. At 14.28 it updated to say there was a problem with the address and at 14.32 updated to say the customer had refused delivery. At 14.35 updated again to say it was being returned. Last entry was on the 7th April that it was being processed at the depot. We never received it. I have had six web chats with P2G between the 4th-30th April. On the 26th April, I had an offer of £20 plus cost of delivery (£6.72) from P2G which I rejected. During this time, I also contacted Evri that resulted in an email from Evri Customer Services (20th April) stating that they had lost the parcel. I replied requesting details of the attempted delivery but received no reply. After emailing Evri again on the 23rd asking again for the information I received a phone call from someone called Haleemah on the 25th who apologised and promised to send an email with a link to submit a claim form. I subsequently received an email with the link which only took me to a page that stated “Page not found”. After informing Evri customer services of the problem (to which no reply was forthcoming) a couple of days later I retried the link but it only took me to the Evri website. I believe that I have a good case against both companies but would appreciate guidance on which path to go down. I have read most of the information on this site, which has been very helpful and much appreciated, particularly the various court transcripts. I appreciate that this process is a marathon and not a sprint and am fully aware that I need to get everything in the correct order before starting on the legal road. I am sure this covers the current position but if further info is needed please let me know.  
    • Everything at small claims revolves around informality and common sense, there are no "special" ways to have to do things. The site manager's WS will be like yours and the one I linked to - just much shorter.  There need to be the introductory hearings about the case, the parties, etc., and the concluding Statement of Truth. In the middle just a couple of paragraphs where they say who they are, how they know you, and about permission being given by the landowner to use the car park. Superb.  I've added another section about the signage to the suggested WS sections three posts above. Yes, it's perfectly possible.  It'd be a good idea to phone the court on the 18th to see if they have paid.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Won FOS Complaint but Barclays not complying

Dazza75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What Danielle is saying is - Because I accepted the FOS adjudicators decision back in November, I can not ask for more than £150 in compensation, because I agreed to accept that amount.

Acceptance was on the basis that it is now finally sorted out, credit file amended and life carries on as before.

This didn't happen. They have come up with no answer as to why they did not follow the FOS instructions in November and why they did not complete any of the actions they agreed to do.

So effectively, they didn't complete their side of the deal, but are saying thats ok for them to do that, so they can change their mind about following the FOS diections,  but I can't change my mind when it comes to compensation. Surely that cannot happen.

Also, as you say there is now the CIFAS marker, that seems to be nothing to them either, when in fact it makes life extremely difficult to not have a bank account.

Another thing, when I contacted Hardeep at the FOS, End of January some time, I told him I now reject their offer as they had not completed their part of the agreement, and said I wanted it escalated.

They really aren't taking any of this seriously.

• Like 1

I sent this email to Hardeep on the 8th February.

Hi Hardeep.

I have taken some advice and have been advised I need to do the following before taking formal action.

Could I have this case escalated to an ombudsman for a final decision, taking into account the fact that Barclays have issued a CIFAS against me for 1st party fraud.

I have the proof of the CIFAS issued by Barclays.

They have agreed that they are at fault in this situation, and yet almost 3 months later, have still left the default account on my credit file and the CIFAS marker against my name, meaning I still have been unable to open up a new bank account.

Regarding the compensation matter. I would have been happy to accept the £150 initially offered, if all of this had been sorted when they agreed to do this, and before I knew of the CIFAS registered by them, but as they initially agreed with you and offered the compensation, and then went on to ignore your findings, and refused to honor there part of the contract, I would like this looked at again. They have caused me a lot of issues over the past 9 months, they admitted liability, and still refused to make things right, and a big bank should not be allowed to destroy someones credit rating and get away with it, and they have for too long. That CIFAS marker was registered in May 2019, they registered it due to their own failings, and the only person that has suffered is me, and they are still getting away with this behaviour as of today, and that isn't ok.

Kind regards.

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

CIFAS added in red

I cannot see any Cifas info in red?

I am happy to go to court, to be honest they are taking notice of nothing so far are they, they obviously think its a game. Should I just go ahead and get a solicitor? It may be costly but they are taking the micky and its really getting on my nerves now, I have no patience for them.

They are telling me that they are able to change their minds, but I cannot. That isn't how it works. I cannot be held to that agreement by the FOS, because they didn't hold themselves to it.

Ok, thanks BF, I'm just getting really annoyed by them at the minute. The attitude of they can do what they want, but I have to do as I'm told really irritates me. They were as bound to the FOS decision as I was. They decided they didn't need to adhere to it but are telling me I have to. 

I have been having a read on the FOS website this evening. It says.

Generally speaking, the adjudicators settle cases by issuing: an initial view; or an adjudication.

But this view or adjudication is not binding. Both parties have to accept it for it to work. If either do not accept it, it goes to an ombudsman.

It then says.

ombudsmen certainly don’t just ‘rubber stamp’ what has gone before. If the consumer accepts the final decision before the date specified – usually a month after it is issued – then the final decision becomes binding on the firm. But if the consumer rejects the ombudsman’s final decision, or does not accept it before the specified date, then the final decision lapses. But either way, a final decision brings our complaint-handling process to an end.

So, the adjudication by the adjudicator isn't binding but Barclays bank accepted it so should have acted on it.

This means they cannot say ''However, I would take this opportunity to confirm that where you have accepted the FOS determination, you will be unable to issue proceedings to recover further damages.''

So they may say if it isn't binding for me, then it isn't for them either, but they still accepted this decision and accepted responsibility by admitting they had made critical errors with the charge back.

Would this be correct?

Yes it was sent about 10 minutes before I saw this. Im sure she can work it out for herself though, she is a trainee solicitor after all.

Sorry, I sent your letter via email to her before I saw this above. I have not mentioned this to them as yet.

Edited by Dazza75

I think, they think its amateur night at the minute and they are seeing how far I (we) will go.

I am happy to go all the way. If I lose, I lose. I am past caring. What I do care about is pushing this as far as I can.

Maybe, whoever their contact is at Barclays isn't understanding the whole situation either and they think the adjudication is a new thing that has just happened. When Hardeep contacted them in February, they said there was an outstanding balance on my account which is why they had not actioned any of this recommendations. This outstanding balance has never been mentioned since that time - There isn't and never was an outstanding balance, but where did that idea come from? I guess we will never know.

I have heard nothing from any of them. I had a look at the solicitors website and it does say they can work from home adequately during this time if needed so assume they are still working, but nothing from them.

Had a letter saying they are processing the SAR but can take upto 30 days. Just the standard letter you get from Barclays Bank.

I am registered with moneyclaim online and have had a look through it.

On Monday she said ''We are taking instructions from our client in respect of your emails dated 13 and 15 March 2020 and shall provide you with a response shortly.''

That was when we sent a list of questions. Is it likely she is waiting for them to respond before coming back to me? If she is waiting then I don't mind giving them until Friday, but yes, I am surprised I've head nothing else since Monday. 

22 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I can't remember whether they actually met the original deadline. Please will you let me know

I will check the date on the letter of the main package of materials when I get in. The initial package of documents did come within 30 days I think but I will double check.

25 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

You can be fairly certain that when faced with a possible judgement for breach of statutory duty, that the bank will try to respond viciously. They are bullies and they will spend more time and money trying to crush you on this then it would cost them simply to get it right.

If the bank has breached their statutory duty towards me, how can they respond viciously, what exactly can they do if they have actually breached it?

14 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

This will intimidate you and you will feel very worried about the kind of bill you are chalking up. This is where you will get nervous and this is where the bank will count on their bullying tactics.

I'm not the type that gets nervous or gives in to bullying, so it isn't going to happen. I'm just not that type of guy no matter how much money is involved. I really don't care who they think they are or what they think they can do. I'm fearless.

• Haha 1

Sorry I've not been back on here for a few days, I work for the 999 service and as you can imagine, its crazy at the minute and I've had to work a lot due to shortage. So, have only just seen the further advice given and had a chance to take it in. 

So far, I have done nothing because I haven't had a chance, I have barely been home.

Its been a full week since I sent your last email (BF) to them and there has been no reply whatsoever.

Shall I still email and say something along the lines of 'what's going on'?

I cannot understand how there has been no contact at all,

if they have closed down they say on their website they are fully able to work from home.

On 19/03/2020 at 18:39, BankFodder said:

The claimant is a data subject and sent to the claimant, a data controller a valid data protection act subject access request on X X X date. The defendant's data  disclosure was incomplete. The claimant informed the defendant and gave them a further 14 days to comply with the statutory duty. 14 days has expired and the defendant has failed to respond. The defendant is aware of all the details. The claimant has suffered a great deal of distress which is ongoing as the personal data is badly needed to resolve serious other issues with the defendant bank and therefore seeks damages of £200.

Regarding the above, are they likely to say that although I requested it within 14 days, by law they do have 30 days to send this information out?

On 20/03/2020 at 10:54, BankFodder said:

complaint to the ICO

I will look at this now online.

I decided I wanted to wait to make the claim until I had a reply from them regarding nothing happening for the past 10 days, and told them I will be making the claim at end of play today.

This is the reply I have had today, and so will be making the claim in the next hour.

Mr xxxxx,

I am responding to your email below on behalf of my colleague Danielle who is currently out of the office.

I understand that Danielle had previously asked you to provide details of the DSAR request made to Barclays in order to enable us to follow up on this request with our client. In circumstances where you have refused to provide the date of your Data Subject Access Request and to which address it was sent, enquiries with our client in this have necessarily been delayed. Please provide details by return.

You have also failed to provide account details in which the settlement sum is to be paid. Whilst you have indicated a preference for the funds to be paid into your Barclays account, you are aware that this account has been closed. Please provide alternative account details without further delay.

In the circumstances, it is unclear on what basis any claim against our client would be brought, and we would urge you to provide the above requested information so that we can seek to resolve this matter in short order. We also reserve our client’s right to make an immediate application for strike out of any claim issued, for which we will seek our client’s costs.

In the event legal proceedings are issued, please ensure that any claim form is addressed to TLT LLP for service. The address for service is set out at the top of our firm’s correspondence and is, for the avoidance doubt, as follows:

One Redcliff Street
Bristol
BS1 6TP

Given the current government guidelines on social distancing in light of COVID-19, please ensure that any proceedings, and all future correspondence are also sent by email to the following addresses: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected].

Regards

Harriet Loucks

Associate

for TLT LLP

They are complaining that I haven't given the info they asked for, but we asked questions 10 days ago and no one replied to me either.

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

By the way, when is the return date for the FOS SAR?

I have had an email from them asking if there is any info I don't require, like phone records and copies of recorded conversations etc which would make it available more quickly

, I told them I want it all, and they are going to create some sort of online portal for me to log into to view and print if needed.

This info should be pretty good because it will prove Hardeep sent them bank details for the payments to me made back in November 2019,

they said he didn't do this and this is why they did not do anything at all at that point, and will also show that they admitted the errors and agreed with him.

They said it will also show me all correspondence between the FOS and Barclays so it should be very helpful. I have just checked my credit file on Equifax and the delinquent Barclays account is still there.

They said this was being sorted out 10 days ago and said they had cleared the debt of circa £700 from the account.

• Like 1

No SAR info from the FOS as yet, but I guess due to current issues there is bound to be a delay so not massively concerned as yet.

SAR info from the bank today. Not devoured it 100% as yet but a couple of bits standing out.

I will type out some of the bits that interest me as they show some liability which I think the solicitors are trying to say there isn't any.

30th April 2019 'Person I spoke to on the phone about my complaint has recorded the following on their system'

I have advised we cannot now go any further with the claim, and as a complaint we would be looking to compensate for the errors which I felt £70 was appropriate for forms being lost but wouldn't look to refund the disputed amounts (£788.73) and he would have to speak to Amazon (which if his evidence is as strong as he says it is, I cant see why they would say no as they have been with us every step of the way)

30th April 2019 same person.

Advised I have spoken to next level complaints team who have agreed we would not refund the whole amount as a charge back is never guaranteed to succeed. I have said we would look to offer £150 D&I for the error with the forms, but customer does not accept and wishes to take further.

So, he is admitting there that they lost my forms (evidence) which were then not attached to my file. Their solicitors said the evidence was not attached to my claim as it was received a few days after the deadline. It was received a few days after but was sent within time, and the FOS also decided that the 10 days they gave me to send my evidence was not enough. So bank saying evidence not attached as was lost, so that's why I lost the claim as no evidence attached. Solicitors saying I lost the case as my evidence was received too late.

13th November Email from Barclays to FOS

Dear

Thank you for your call earlier today. I have asked a colleague to check the CIFAS system and have included the information found. I hope this assists your investigations and if you need anything furhter do not hesitate to ask. Kind regards.

There is no further info regarding this in the paperwork, so they have not included it.

29th November 2019 - Email from Barclays to FOS 

Dear

Thank you for your view in relation to MR XXXXX complaint. I would like to accept the view as I feel the conclusion is a fair and reasonable conclusion.

When reviewing this case I can see there was an outstanding balance on the account when closed. This means that the actual money is owed to the bank as a temporary credit was utilised by Mr XXXXX. This will mean that I will need to credit this account into an internal account to bring the amount owed to zero before amending the credit file.

Is this an acceptable way to conclude this issue. I look forward to your response. Kind regards.

29th November email fromHardeep FOS to Barclays bank.

Dear

Thank you for your email. The way Barclays conclude the issue is fine, as long as Mr XXXXX credit file is not adversely affected. The settlement involves a change in favour of Mr XXXXX after the compliant was accepted as a case on 22nd August 2019, which is how we will record the outcome of this case for statistical purposes. The product type being complained about has been recorded as current account. I have said that you will be in direct contact as soon as possinle to complete the settlement. I have asked to be informed if any problems or delays arise in arranging settlement. I am now closing my file on this case, thank you for your help in resolving the matter.

Notes added to the system by the above person at Barlcays Bank 29th November 2019

I have made the decision to overturn the claim as a result of the progress of the claim and that the information provided by Mr XXXXX was sufficient to confirm Amazons liability. This means that the customer has not had the charge back process completed accordingly. Initially I have gone to the adjudicator to confirm the settlement would need to credit the closed account due to the outstanding balance as Mr XXXXX has utilised the temporary credit and I am waiting a response. I will change the credit file once the funds have been cleared.

Email from Barclays to Hardeep FOS in February after I emailed him to let him know nothing had been done to conclude the issues with Barclays.

Due to the FOS not clarifying what they expected given the information we provided nothing was credited. I couldn't amend the credit file as there was still an overdrawn balance owed. I hope this helps and if you need anything for the case do not hesistate to contact me.

I know its a bit all over the place, but out of the documents, these are the bits that say something relevant and I wanted to get them on here and make them as clear as I can for you.

Edited by BankFodder
Organise the correspondence into separate quoted text blocks

I have typed it out word for word, its all correct. The person at Barclays that Hardeep FOS dealt with has admitted completely that the error is theirs.

I have already submitted a claim via moneyclaimonline against Barclays with regards to the SAR and have had a confirmation letter from moneyclaimonline that its being processed.

The last letter you dictated for me was sent to their solicitors immediately and again no reply. So when you are giving me detailed letters to send to them, either asking for them to confirm things, or stating facts, they do no reply at all.

I issued the claim a little later as I couldn't get around to it for reason explained previously re 999, but was done on the 30th March and they have until the 18th April to reply.

There are pages of info in this very small package of SAR documents that were not there in the bundle sent to me in January. These are the communications between them and the FOS. Also some documents from Amazon to Barclays last year, around February time. I also cannot see a page where they give their codes and what the codes mean on their paper work. I did specifically request this in my second SAR request.

2 hours ago, Dazza75 said:

Email from Barclays to Hardeep FOS in February after I emailed him to let him know nothing had been done to conclude the issues with Barclays.

Due to the FOS not clarifying what they expected given the information we provided nothing was credited. I couldn't amend the credit file as there was still an overdrawn balance owed. I hope this helps and if you need anything for the case do not hesistate to contact me.

Quick note. When I contacted Hardeep in February to tell him Barclays had done nothing, he spoke to them then rang me. He said they have not completed some of the actions as there is still an outstanding amount on the account (so he was saying they had completed some actions (they hadn't completed any) but even after doing that, I still had some outstanding balance on the account, and for this reason they couldn't complete all actions) Now, its clear that there wasn't another outstanding balance, they were talking about the original debt balance, and it was still outstanding because they didn't clear is as they advised they would in November 2019.

2 hours ago, Dazza75 said:

I have said that you will be in direct contact as soon as possible to complete the settlement. I have asked to be informed if any problems or delays arise in arranging settlement. I am now closing my file on this case, thank you for your help in resolving the matter.

Hardeep asked them to contact him if there were any issues at all, and they didn't. They also didn't get in touch with me. So it seems they just didn't bother doing anything back in November 2019.

No actual update and have heard from no one, but for some reason I had a genetic email last week from Barclays to let me know how they are helping their customers during the COVID 19 situation, and a letter today that says.

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for choosing to bank with Barclays,

Your alert preferences for the account ending 6206 have been updated. You've enrolled to receive alerts to help you avoid returned payments and reduce borrowing fees if applicable.

Please make sure you've given us your current mobile phone number. If we don't have it, you wont receive these alerts and may be charged avoidable borrowing fees.

You can update your mobile number and your alert preferences in online banking or by contacting us in your usual way - by phone or in branch as applicable.

Yours sincerely.

Your Barclays Team.

I thought maybe they had re-opened the account but I have just tried to log in and it still doesn't let me. Odd because since the account was closed in May 2019, there has never been any correspondence of any sort.

Still not a word from them or their solicitors regarding any of the emails we have sent recently, we've asked questions about what are they doing ref the cifas, and the delinquent account, and nothing at all. Are the solicitors just allowed to ignore me in this way? Surely there is some sort of duty to communicate with me if I am asking them specific questions?

The annoying thing is, within the bank SAR info, on the 29th Nov the person at Barclays who dealt with the FOS fully admits the charge back wasn't handled correctly by them, so they have admitting liability, and yet are still not trying to sort any of it out or communicating with me. I really am amazed.

This is the communication I had from the FOS after I sent my SAR request a month ago.

I work in our Information Rights team and part of my role is to respond to requests for information.

As you’ve asked for a subject access request, we’ll include any correspondence we’ve sent to you and you’ve sent to us/ any call recordings/emails/correspondence between our service and the business which relate to your complaint. But if there is any information you’d rather us not send – for example, if you don’t require recordings or correspondence you’ve sent us – please let us know as soon as possible, as this will help us speed up the processing of your request.

In order to keep the information secure as possible, we generally send information electronically by uploading everything to an online portal, which only you and us will have access to. We’ll send you an email with a link to the documents when they are ready. You’ll then be able to download and save the files.

A copy of our privacy notice for consumers, which explains how we process and share your data is available here.

Under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 we have one month to process your request. So we’ll be back in touch by 9 April 2020. 

Kind regards

Elizabeth

I haven't heard from them since. If they are sending it in the post then I am sure there could be a delay but it does say they generally do it via online portal.

16 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I agree that they have nowhere to go but you can be certain that if they defend – they will sign a statement of truth denying everything. Just wait and see

I have it in black and white that it was mishandled and the FOS paperwork will state the same, whats written can't lie and I will fight them all the way with that. Thanks for that letter, I will send it off this evening.