• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Range Rover. Jordan Motors House Ltd.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

I purchased a second hand Range Rover 2004 plate 80,000 miles on clock for £5995 on the 4th july 2019.

Car drove fine until the 3rd August lost all power and water leaking from the radiator called  breakdown company to be told battery had gone.

Jumped started home,

emailed dealership that night ,

there was problem asking to contact me ASAP.

Sunday the 4th August 2019 received a phone call to say that it was Sunday and to give him an hour and he would get back to me.

No response all day.

I spent the day trying to get a home delivery of Battery but on one had one.

Booked a home visit for the Monday.

Still no contact from the dealership.

Contacted the warranty company by email as the site said to log the claim of the faults and waited for contact.

In the meantime took the car to my local garage for a free holiday check to be told about these problems.

N/S/R & O/S/R tyres on the wrong way 

Rear pads 85/90% Worn

Rear Discs Pitted 

Front Brake Pipes Corroded

N/S/F Drop Link Gaiter Loose 

Oil Leak from Engine + Transfer Box Evident

O/S/F outer cv boot leaking

O/S/F window regulator faulty

Hose leaking at rear of engine to radiator

A/C not cold

Rear Washer not working

At the point of sale

,i was told it had been serviced ,

MOT in April

and the  service book was stamped and NONE of these faults mentioned,

please help me to get my money back as i have had to pay out myself as the warranty say its not covered..

£1479.97p

Hi,BankFodder,

Reply appreciate your help, hope you received my last note i sent earlier tonight.

Just wondering the best way to proceed with my claim against the garage.Is it by recorded letter or a phone call.?

Regards,

MorkandMindy

• AndyOrch changed the title to Range Rover. Jordan Motors House Ltd.

Hi BankFodder,

I paid for the repairs because the garage i took it took didnt except payment from warranty companies and as i had contacted the warranty company i was expecting them to pay me.

Also after speaking to the owner of the garage on the Sunday morning telling him about the faults i was expecting him to HELP and sort the problems as i had already explained that i was stranded without a car.

After the garage had looked at the car and told me about the faults and put them in writing i wrote to the dealership telling them about the faults and still no help.#

As i work most days 12/13hrs it is very difficult to talk on the phone during office hours.

The garage i use  i have been useing for over 20years and they are very good.I know it wasnt just a sales job for them it was because there were faults.

I have now recieved an email from the dealership saying they knew nothing about the problems and if i had they would have helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HB,

The letter reads,

I am very sorry for the stress this must have put you under,we are very aware of trading standards and the customer rights.You have 30 days to return the car and after that it is down to the seller to refund or fix.

At no point did i make contact with us the business .If i had they would have paid.

This is not true i emailed and spoke to the owner.

Hi HB,

I forgot to say letter is not dated or signed.

M&M

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...