• Tweets

• I did call the police both in the UK and in my country but both of them said no way to get the money back now. I tried my best not panic but it indeed influenced my life in many ways, the only thing I could do is start therapies. It happened around February- March, so I started to do this shoplifting thing to cover my rent and everything from the end of March, it’s been a month now… today it my first time to get caught. I know it’s very very bad, I seriously didn’t want to do this at all. But luckily I just saw an message from HR, they asked me to have an online interview next week. I’ll stop this behaviour and wish my messed up life back to normal soon 
    • did you contact your bank about the fraud? contact the police , action fraud anyone in authority? have you done anything about it? when did it happen? dx  
    • You may have noticed that we have gone to the trouble of restructuring your posts to make them readable. I had to do it twice now.  My site team colleague has done it once. Posting long blocks of text make it very difficult for people to read especially using telephones. It discourages people who might want to help you. Please can you make your posts properly spaced and punctuated. Thank you
    • Thank you, I was been told that it’s a serious crime if I shoplifted above £200, (this time £500, I gave the thing back+ last time probably also around £500 which I didn’t give back).. and I admitted to them that I sold those things at very low price to pay for food and stuff.   That’s why I was worried..as it wasn’t my first time.. I also did it in John Lewis in the city I live, but when they asked me I said I didn’t steal things from it as I don’t wanna get caught in my city. But I don’t know when they upload my pics in the system will they recognise me and think of me a professional shoplifter than against me… so what happened about the fraud was that what there was a phone call told me that my visa has problems etc due to I helped bad people do money laundering etc. I said I didn’t then they tried to ‘control’ me and many things happened to make me believe what they said… as soon as I gave them the bank details I lost all the money in it. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Setting aside salford a ccj - defence sent to wrong court

keek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update 

Attended court today for the hearing. Claimant attended also. The judge said he couldn’t make a judgment based on the evidence the claimant had given,

he told her the evidence she submitted was inadmissible and that she hadn’t followed directions.

He’s ordered an expert report on the system and to attend another hearing in around 8 weeks.I’ve no problem with the order for an expert report

it will only prove the system does work ,but I can’t understand if her evidence is nonsense and can’t be used why it’s not been thrown out? 

Hi Andy , 

yes she attended as ward councillor and moral support . 

The claimant did her self no favours today, The judge was unimpressed with the amount of paperwork she had served. She had to be told to stop using emotive language on a few occasions.  

It only lasted 20mins. 

He asked if I would compile a list of experts and then decide between ourselfs who we use and we split the cost. 

she wasn’t happy. She didn’t conduct herself very well at all. 

Just out of curiosity could I have objected to having an expert report and had the claim dealt with there and then? 

Just feel a bit annoyed that I have to sort the expert and pay half for the privilege when the claimant hasn’t followed the directions which the judge made clear to her today.  

I was just hoping today would be the end of it either way 😔

And thank you for the links , much appreciated it really is , would have been in a right mess if not for your help. 

Hi Andy , 

Yes I told him I was qualified I think that’s why he asked me to compile the list of NSI certified cctv installers for us to choose from. She said she wasn’t happy about this but the judge told her it would be the only way to progress the claim and she agreed. 

I didn’t think about it at the time  but she took the DVR to court yesterday so she has pulled it all out , now I’m thinking it’s not going to be inspected as it was when I left it .

The way she conducted herself yesterday was shocking so....

Yes it’s going to be a nightmare to get her to agree on anything. 

Also so did a little research on the councillor , found a newspaper article from 2016 about her using council resources for her personal gain and had to pay monies back to the council purse. 😡 

No there was no guarantee or warranty given on the installation but the equipment had a standard 12 month warranty which has now expired. 

I only though about it properly last night although she didn’t show the judge the DVR she definitely had it in court yesterday. 

I’m sure the judge knew she had brought the dvr box with her , she did say she had brought it and it was on the desk , that’s why I never said anything in the hearing it’s only when I got home and thought about it more.

I’m kicking my self now! 

I’ll see what the directions say and go from there but if I do ignore them and the claim is struck out would that be it?

Would I still be able to claim my cost back?

Ive got a feeling she’s not going to comply with these directions anyway as she hasn’t with any of the others. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Received the directions today regarding the expert report . 

Not sure about the best way forward .

I’ve no issue with the installation and cameras being checked everything was done as it should have been. And the expert should back this up , My only worry is the dvr. I know she had it in court. She could easily break it if she wanted. 

If I fail to comply what would be the worst case scenario? 

I don’t want her to get away with it she’s malicious and a liar! 

order 71119.jpg

Morning BazzaS, 

I was just going off the advice in a previous comment #61. 

Thanks for your reply , much appreciated .

I am going to sort a list of experts today and forward them on to the claimant for her to decide which expert she wants to use.

What do I do if she doesn’t want to cooperate? 

Do I need to send the list of experts to court also ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

yes I sent her a list of the experts and asked if she could send me her instructions for the expert. 

received a letter from her today stating she didn’t need to send me any instructions or choose an expert from the list I sent . She said she has phoned the court and is waiting for further instructions. 

Thanks for the advice. 

I knew she would make it difficult instructing the expert . 

She says asking her to choose the expert and send me instructions is not what was ordered by the judge or in the directions.

She says I should send her a list , she then sends me a list and then we agree if we don’t she will phone court. 

She said she phoned court on the 18th November. 

I will get another letter out to her tomorrow. 

Thanks again for the advice 

She’s brought this false claim and she has no idea what she is doing it’s been a mess throughout .  

At the last hearing she told the judge didn’t trust me getting an independent expert and was told off . She was also warned she must not interact with the expert when they are inspecting the equipment or the claim maybe thrown out , she won't be able to help herself if we get that far . 

I will reply to her letter and see what she comes back with. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Morning 

just to update I posted a letter through to the claimant this morning as advised and she has replied in A text message . This is the reply ....

Good morning ,  as I explained to you last week. I have been in touch with the court, I have also phoned them, Monday just gone. The clerk went over your previous letter with me. I have been instructed, to call, the court back this Friday. I have not been able to write to you again, due to me having a very bad flu virus. And unable to go out. I will call the court back now, please will you refrain from pushing letters through my letterbox, I am asking you to keep off my property. Please send any letters, the correct way, as I do with you via post, I will inform the court that I have requested this off you.  Thank you.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply 

I’m happy to pick one from the list she sent she’s just being awkward. 

Just to clarify do I need to send her any instructions for the expert to check over or just amend the ones she sends to me if needs be? 

If I send it by post would it not be too late ? by the time the instructions are checked and sent back we will be past Wednesday, it’s stupid I’m passing so I just post any letters though. I don’t hang about , she really is petty . 

I will write her another letter tonight . Thanks for the replies 

Just to update.

I’ve not received any more letters or the instructions requested from the claimant. 

As an expert has not been jointly instructed what is likely to happen now? 

The judge did say he would find it difficult to make a judgement in the case without the expert report. 

I understand she now has to phone the court tomorrow by 4pm for further directions , should I also call or just wait to receive them by post? 

Many thanks 

Thanks for your reply 

She might have instructed an expert and not told me as I did agree to one in the letter . 

If she doesn’t make an application for further directions will it be thrown out or will the claim still be heard on the 1st May? 

Suppose it’s just a waiting game now. 

Hi 

Received a note today from the claimant. It reads ,

I am sorry that at the moment I cannot reply as I phoned the court on 2nd Dec and I have been instructed to call back later today Friday 6th Dec for further instructions. I will be in touch soon. 

Hi 

Received another scrawled letter this morning , 

just to to inform you that I am still waiting for further instructions from the court. 

Please would you you provide me with a copy of my letter, where you have stated In your letter to me , dated 29th November 2019 , 

that my recent letter states I do not wish for you to instruct an expert or make an independent report on our behalf? 

You also state that in my letter I also do not want your input in the Instructions letter to the expert. 

Please forward a copy of my letter stating this to you. 

Please forward where the judge states that I had to forward a written draft letter to you, with the instructions for the expert? Also where it states I needed to send you a copy for you to check to see if it’s appropriate. 

Please would you send me the copy of my letter, sent to yourself, where you state , I have written all the above instructions to yourself . 

Guessing she’s not kept a copy of the letters she has sent me. Oh dear! 

Hi 

thanks for your time.

Yes I agreed an expert with her and asked her to send me the letter she intended to send them but she refuses and says she doesn’t need to do that . I’ve asked her twice to do this .

She just keeps telling me she has phoned court for further Instructions. 

Yes I Installed the equipment there is no problem with the system I fitted the images were clear. 

She asked me to do more work for her a month after the installation so if it wasn’t fit for purpose why would she ask me to do more work. 

There was never a contract it was a favour for a family friend. 

Edited by keek

Yes I was paid “mates rates” for the job. 

No we can’t agree on that either , 

All she asked for was a silent running system with 4 cameras and that she could make faces out. No other requirements. 

I told her her previous cameras (what she had taken down) where mounted too high and I would put them lower at the reccomended height about 1.2 lower from the previous ones to gain good facial images . When I put the 1st one up she saw the holes the previous cameras had left and told me to put them higher. I told her the images would be compromised but she wouldn’t listen and told me to put them where her previous cameras had been .

The images are still clear and I have photos to show this. After a week her tv signal started breaking up and said it was the cctv. 

I went back 5 times and there was never any problems with the cctv just her tv signal when she closed her curtains , I told her it was her Ariel. 

she put in her claim is it does not work and is not fit for purpose.

She has also said she asked for IP cameras as the police have advised her to get them , she did ask but I told her they were well out of her budget. 

I think she has said this as she told me she took litigation out on another company for selling her Ip

and they installed analogue so she’s just added it in. 

Why would I do this when she told me she had already sued another company?  It’s all lies.