Nationwide Defended HELP PLEASE!!!!

Zola
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, after my success in getting money back from HSBC, have now started with Nationwide for my partner.

Prelim will be sent today for £3090.50.

Would love this to be as quick as HSBC were - 16 days but have a feeling this ones going for the long haul, he has opened up a back up account with Halifax ready!!

HSBC Prelim sent 7/8 for £1062 -

Give me my money!!

LBA sent 16/8 (thanks to Debs77!!)

Offer received 24/8 £995 - accepted

Nationwide Prelim sent 5/9 for £3090.50

Nothing heard - LBA sent 20/9

Letter received telling us to go bank elsewhere if we are not happy - We will when we get our money thanks!

MCOL filed 8/11

Part payments received 16/11

Notice to defend 17/11

Hi Zola, and welcome to the Nationwide! If past results are anything to go by, it shouldn't be too long a process. The biggest delay usually is waiting for the statements but it sounds like you already have them so that won't affect you. Stick to your timetables and ignore theirs as they will try to stall you wherever possible.

Good luck!

Thanks Austen, am looking forward to it!!!.

Was quite impressed with the statements, they arrived in a binder all in date order, so thanks Nationwide you saved me a job of sorting them all out hence got my claim into you that bit quicker :p

Give me my money!!

Letter received telling us to go bank elsewhere if we are not happy - We will when we get our money thanks!

MCOL filed 8/11

Notice to defend 17/11

• 3 weeks later...

Have heard nothing from Nationwide so LBA sent yesterday.

Have just bought a house so could do with the money - HURRY UP NATIONWIDE!!!!:p

Give me my money!!

MCOL filed 8/11

Notice to defend 17/11

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update, received the standard fob off letter it seems most people have recieved so am about to start MCOL.

Have it all filled in will double check it tomorrow, pay and off it goes.

Am now gettine nervous!!!!

Give me my money!!

MCOL filed 8/11

Notice to defend 17/11

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got to filing through MCOL (due to house move, lots of stress and no internet Arghhhhh).

Apparently it will be deemed served on the 14th, other half is a bit nervous now.

On the plus side the 8% interest is a fair amount!

Give me my money!!

MCOL filed 8/11

Notice to defend 17/11

Well it seems Nationwide are following a new pattern, we have had just over 3000 paid into my partners account and have now received the letter saying that is all we are getting as there accounts are different to ours. I have double checked our figures, and so has my partner before we started so I am sure they are right, leaving just over 1000 outstanding.

What happens now? we have had the court papers back to say they are defending the claim, and they have 28 days from being served to do this so do I wait for the defence and take it from there?

Is it worth emailing and writing to Mr Bacon to try and get his figures, as from what I have read they do not seem to be very forthcoming with supplying them. Is that because they are bluffing do you think???

Any advise would be much appriciated. Thanks

Give me my money!!

MCOL filed 8/11

Notice to defend 17/11

Hi a bit of help if I may!

We are claiming £4500 from Nationwide - including interest. Went to MCOL and they refunded about £3200 saying by their calcs that is al we are owed, blah blah, which I was expecting through other peoples responces.

Received the docs from the court today saying this is all we are owed going back to November 9th 2000 - have asked for their calculations which I am yet to receive.

Now going through the statements they sent my amount is correct but have noticed the statements go back to March 2000 and I have added those to the amount I am claiming which is over 6 years - I did not notice this as I presumed they had only sent me 6 years worth, and when I was adding them to the spreadsheet it did not compute!!! what are the implications of going slightly over the 6 years - could I argue for that? if not then their date of the 9th Nov is about a week before I issued through MCOL however the date I sent the prelim letter was 5th September, so surely I can get the charges back as from 5th Sept 2000 (exactly 6 years), which would make their calculations wrong?

Also, have received the close of account letter this morning - can they close the accound and pull the overdraft back while we are in dispute - not worried, have the o/d covered and in the process of changing direct debits over to Halifax, just want to make it as difficult as possible for them :razz: !!!

Any help would be fab, thanks

Give me my money!!

MCOL filed 8/11

Notice to defend 17/11