Some help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2/11 Wrote to First Direct requested bank statements

13/11 Full six years statements arrived. No charge

16/11 Calculated charges of £3341.50 and sent prelim letter

17/11 Wrote to request bank statements for another FD account

22/11 Realised today having read through some forums that I have only claimed for 'Excess overdraft fees' and not 'Overdraft fees'

Have recalculated my fees on just one account and they total £4176.74!

Should I send an amended letter for new figure? What about the charges on my other account because they will def take me over the £5000.00?

I am really confused what to do next. Please can I have some help??

Okay calm down and take your time to read around the forum, send an amended letter with the new amount and also you need to be sending a schedule of charges as stated in the step by step guide so send an updated one. As for the other account and i taking you over £5k you can go to Fast Track for a bigger claim or you can make 2 claims keeping it under £5k.

Have a read around the forums to see what other people have done and read all the reference meterial in the help forums. :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Don't be scared of fast track. It worked in my favour on a claim of only £2131 charges. The bank will have to disclose it's costs (if you ask - don't forget this at the court stage) - they will NEVER do this and will pay up.

Costs are capped at around £700. But it doesn't matter as your case is just, the procedure is tried and tested, the arguments are rock solid.

My advice would be put one big claim in :)

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Ok thanks. Have calmed down a bit now. It was when I saw exactly how much I have been charged. No wonder I have been so stressed over the past six years!

Should I just add a sentence to the letter advising them that it replaces my previous letter and then start the 14 days from this new one?

Thanks!

here's a link to the first direct forum, start up a thread for yourself and that way we can follow your claim and support you when and if

good luck

freebird

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)