3rd time caught shoplifting (RLP)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Before any assistance is given, you MUST address the shoplifting. Why are you doing it. Need? Excitement?

Are you under 18?

Have you come to the attention of the Police yet regarding these crimes?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi again,

Firstly I would be addressing the shoplifting aspect. Are you on anti depressants (hereafter called happy pills)? If so, you may have become tolerant of the pills and need to up the dosage OR get some counselling (both available from your GP).

I think it's safe to say that you have read a lot about RLP and know exactly what to do with them but please make sure you don't leave 'skid marks' :-)

RLP state that they keep a separate database of offenders and they have a separate company that deals with this aspect. They are called Cireco. They cannot release any information related to you without your written permission which you won't be giving. They may release the data for the prevention and deterrent of crime aspect with legal bodies who have the right to see them however, I am yet to hear of that.

I am also yet to hear of any case where the police have anything on their database where no police involvement was done. It would be different if the police had attended as they then have a duty to record the offence.

The database itself is flawed as it contains details of alleged shoplifters and not convicted shoplifters so this could cause many problems for them if a seasoned shoplifter gives a false name and address. I'm going off on a tangent and I must stop.

Just ignore RLP. They will go away eventually.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Anxiety/depression doesnt lead people to shoplift

Sorry EB, I have to disagree with you. When people get depressed, they need a 'high' to make them feel 'normal' again and I am talking from a personal perspective here.

I have suffered with depression for years and initially I had to do something risky to make me feel better even though it was only a short high. As soon as my adrenaline went back to normal, I was depressed again. It's a vicious circle.

I am on happy pills to help me cope and they do work even though I have had to up the dose.

Shoplifting is just one way of getting the thrill some people need.

• Haha 1

Morning EB. Thanks for the clarification. I agree that not all depression cases (or even that the shoplifter is even depressed) lead to shoplifting. People do different things and shoplifting is just one; this is why I have an interest in this forum.

As for getting CBT. That will be a long process. A counsellor is easier to get but you are spot on when you say to get help from a GP.

You know, it's nice that I can disagree with you and it doesn't end up a slanging match.

Anyway, back on topic for the OP.