• Tweets

• going nowhere then. well if you've not been simply doing it to look the big cheese to your mates, you need to address why you are doing it. if its to impress your mates then simply stop being an idiot eh? , learn from it and go live your life . dx
    • Yes only with dwf. The first letter I received was explaining that I have not responded to the first letter they sent which I did not receive at all  then the second letter came, they said again saying we have not heard from you we are extending this another 14 days but at that point a couple of days before I called them on the phone saying I have received this and supposedly i owe money for stolen goods and that I need to see the breakdown which they then emailed to me dwf said this was what we were trying to send to you at first and I told them we have not received your first letter only one asking for demand of payment. On my second call to them I asked can you list the things that I have supposedly stole to which they replied “we normally have this on file but I can’t seem to find this on your file”   
    • oh well, at least your eign of terror is over now. so no contact directly since from/to sainsbury's. everything since has only been with DWF?
    • Replying to above  this was on the day that two store detectives approached me and my friend and took us into the back room and spoke to us when they explained they have been watching
    • as my learned friend above...and.. sadly because just like DCA's and initially yourself in this case, you believed they have some magical powers ...they DON'T. 85% of people blindly pay DCA's cause they know no better and think they are BAILIFFS. only the RETAILER can ever do court and none have done this on a silly member of joe public that did something stupid since the infamous 2012 Oxford case on retail loss. BAILIFFS can only ever be involved after you've been to court and lost a CCJ, fat chance re above... and anyway, no BAILIFF has any right of forced entry anyway on consumer debts even with a judgement so......... stop panicking and thinking everything that doesn't apply.. forget about them but p'haps a confidential GP visit might be a very good move... what slightly concerns me more here is:  who are 'them' that told you they'd reviewed a week of CCTV and come up with several shoplifting instances over that time amounting to the above? have you directly contacted or had contact from Sainsbury's? and know they HAVE done this? or is this DWF willy waving and they tricked you into  admitting several previous successful thefts... this is not the norm...  dx      
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Log Book Loans Again....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! I certainly am a Stephensons groupie!!! Just waiting now till we have them by the balls! The only way they are taking my car is out of my cold, dead fingers!! I tried to be reasonable to start but they refused, so hardball time!

Stephensons have done a great job for me so far, just hope they can get the injunction sorted so they cant take the car while I sleep! Oh, well, they dont know where I live so thats a start!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky for you...I have hidden the car but feel I should have it in a lock up...just wish that I could relax but I need my car so therefore am not abot to make no theif in a suit and tie rob me blind with contacts that appear to be writen on bog roll with clauses to match.

So do you know any more about this test case?

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

You may be interested to note that there isn't a firm of solicitors that will represent LBL, they have to use a one-man-band cowboy.

As many of us know, normally companies such as this use large 'firms' but LBL aren't very popular in legal circles for some reason....

Edited by Fleeced73

Well lets just hope he is rubbish....:D

it isn't this chap who emailed me is it...

Dear Ms xxxxxx,

Please be advised that I am now I receipt of your e-mails and correspondence from your solicitor. As requested I am happy to conduct any future correspondence through Stephensons. I will today be responding to their letter and forwarding copies of the consumer Credit Agreement and Bill of Sale as requested.

Yours sincerely,

Christopher De Bie

Professional Standards Officer

Log Book Loans Ltd

Tel: 020 8877 7091

Fax: 020 8877 6529

email: christopher.debie@logbook loans.co.uk

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

ps doesnt a title such as professional standards officer mean that you have to have standards and behave professionally and those two words and log book loans dont quite gel do they?? Or am I being b!itchy;)

Fleeced you seem very angry and its not that I don't understand I have been going through my own bull and felt like my life was on a downhill spiral at high speed, I am trying to be positive and relaxed especially after being spoken to like sh!t, feeling hounded, and stressed and feeling like I would loose my sanity but just the thought of fighting back makes me feeling like I am taking some control...now its my turn to talk down to those at logbook but I do it in such a way they can not even say anything.

Lets just hope we win as that will be a day and a half but can we also claim back what we have paid if the contracts are proved to be unenforceable....just anything over the actual loan would be good :D

Well Fleeced I hear you loud and clear :D

Yeap also got my letter to say that LBL had gone and broke the agreement to withhold from repossession also, lets see what happens next:(

Unfortunately to LBL, their agents & their moles (yes, beware who you confide in), 'playing dirty' is to be expected - what do they gain except the wrath of the court? Well, in the build up to any case there are several opportunities for a party to exercise delays & create problems, all of course maximise costs for the claimant manyfold for a case they have had to fund from the off. The result being of course that this could result in the claimant being unable to continue to trial having been overwhelmed by costs for counsel etc.

This latest 'spanner in the works' is an attempt to throw Stephensons off-balance and delay things further - as well as recoup some 'lost revenue'

well fleeced73, I can expect they are desperate if they sent me this txt

Congratulations, You have been Pre-Approved a TOP-UP on your Logbook Loan!

Contact Customer services TODAY on Freephone 08001313550 to find out more!!

I mean why the hell would I accept a new loan after all this? yep I know, computer generated etc etc but come on:rolleyes:

Lets just hope your right cause I will be rolling with glee should that be the case! So howdy partner I guess you are another Stephensons groupee like me:D

hi Sweetnsexyenglish I am still in possesion of my car. i was wondering if you could give me the number for Stephensons

No Worries...will send it via pm

Edited by sweetnsexyenglish

Hey Desperate2 whats the situation with yours?

Easy answer - their right arm doesn't know what they're left arm is doing

Just had a thought....maybe it is a crafty attempt at getting us to take out a new loan secured with properly executed agreements lol:-D

Joncris...there was me having a laugh lol, damn i'm good :D

Hey Desperate2 whats the situation with yours?

i've been fighting since before Xmas. The lawyer I had got an injunction so they could not touch the car until the case had been heard in court. I've managed to put it off so far but the hearing has now been set. Everybody keeps saying the contracts are unenforceable and I wanted to speak to somebody to see why this might be the case.

I will let you know of the outcome of the case

Are you sure it's an injunction & not just an agreement between parties which I understand from some other victims may have been revoked by LBL meaning that they could if they are silly enough start repossessing vehicles 14 days from their notification

JonCris do you think the mods would have a problem if I put up my solicitors letter I can just blank out my relevant details but it would give people in the same situation an idea why the agreements have been argued as unenforceable.

ok JonCris....:/ sneak peak over

Edited by sweetnsexyenglish
ps...now you see it....

Desperate2, I hope this is of help and strongly recommend you have them look at your Agreements, however if you already have a solicitor dealing with this case, it is my understanding that if you are receiving legal aid both solicitors can not be dealing with the same matters, however it is free for the solicitors to look over your contracts for you.

JonCris, I take on board all you have said and have blacked out as much details as possible, however I feel strongly about this matter with LBL. And would like to see this brought to a close not just for myself but for all the silent victims....

Call me a fool, I have been asked if I am on a one woman crusade, I just believe customers have a right to know THEIR rights and when a company such as LBL make it a living, a calling whatever in ripping off customer, whatever my experiences can do to help then I am there.

I have done this with my fight with Brighthouse, even with a trader renting a unit from Student Union on University premises when he thought me an idiot and stole the majority of my hardware out my computer and replaced them with lower specification and of a lesser value. I emailed the entire students on mainsite campus just to get my point across that he was ripping off students, and had been repeatedly reported to TS.

You know a woman, once scorned:D