Urgent help required

PhilipR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I successfully claimed £685 from first direct a while ago, but due to some recent financial difficulty, I wasn't paid because I'd been of work poorly for about 6 weeks.

A couple of direct debits bounced and I was hit with charges for £105 all in all.

I sent them a new letter claiming them back, and they have refunded me but told me that they are closing my account due to "breach of trust" and saying it's "untenable" etc etc.

I don't want to stop banking with them. They are the best bank out there in my opinion and there's also the small matter that they would want my £700 overdraft back in one go.

They have said that my account will close on 7th December.

Can they do this legally and what can I do to make them change their minds?!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Phil

They are not likely to back down as you have breached their trust. Apply for an Alliance & Leicester account online today, you will get a decision almost immediately and you will probably get a £750 overdraft or close to. Martin Lewis (money saving expert) deems this bank to be the best on the market.:)

Thanks ever so much for the advice, Jo. I smentioned it to my Mother, who has an account with A&L and she recommended them too, so Martin is in good company! :)

I have applied online but can't access my hotmail at work, so have an agonising wait to check on my home PC!

I'm pretty disappointed with fd, as i have always liked them, and the charges were due to sickness and me not receiving a pay packet this month. For the first time in 3 years with fd, I felt like they were of no help whatsoever. They have always gone to great lengths to help me before.

I am going through the reclaim process with FD but i opened a back up bank account before i began the reclaim, just in case they decided to close me down! ;)

Also, if you are succesful with A & L and you fill the form out in your A & L welcome pack to say your mum referred you, you both get £50.00 paid into your account, that could take a chip of your overdraft.

Best of luck :)