• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

eyeballto v Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

theres a few different addresses in the contact sticky for the halifax. which one do i send my dpa letter to regarding my halifax credit card charges???

"THE BEST THING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO PLAY GAMES IS BEATING THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME"

old halifax current account and current credit card £1641.53 plus costs---settled after n1 form handed in with no conditions £1761.53:D :D

abbey £2638.18 plus costs-n1 form handed in 28/07/20068) WON:wink:

wifes lloyds/tsb current account £4600- awaiting settlement offer:D ALL OF IT:wink:

neighbours £1800 with lloyds WON :wink:

You should be fine with

HBOS PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Sent my DPA to this one, and it has been acted upon....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You should be fine with

HBOS PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Sent my DPA to this one, and it has been acted upon....

thanks

old halifax current account and current credit card £1641.53 plus costs---settled after n1 form handed in with no conditions £1761.53:D :D

wifes lloyds/tsb current account £4600- awaiting settlement offer:D ALL OF IT:wink:

just to check.... is claiming for charges on credit cards the same as reclaiming bank charges:confused: :confused:

i handed my dpa letter in today to the branch so 40 days and counting!!

• 2 weeks later...

having received my statements im confused at which point i claim interest?

do i claim the 8% interest in my preliminary approach letter or in the letter before action???

i had belived i calculate the interest using the spreadsheet and enter this figure in my prelim approach letter. however im sure i read somewhere that you do not ask for the interest until the letter before action

could someone please confirm please, thanks

Guest Lueeze

you cannot legally claim the 8% untill it goes to court, but the LBA includes a sentence that tells the banks you will be claiming this if they do not pay up!

Lou x

Just a further explanation to anyone who might also read this thread and still be confused...

There is often a lot of confusion regarding interest - not least because there are effectively 3 types that are referred to....

1) You can claim for the interest that the bank applied to your account solely due to the charges, i.e. NOT for general interest which occured simply because you had gone overdrawn.

This, in my book anyway, is more complicated to work out because you should ideally know what APR they charged you for general overdraft rates and for 'over limit' rates - unless, of course, you are one of the 'lucky' ones whose statements break this figure down for you.

It can also be argued that by not claiming this (possibly much smaller) figure, that you are allowing the bank an amount you consider IS proportionate to the costs it incurred dealing with your failed Direct Debit / Cheque etc etc.

If you had to face the enemy in court, you would at least have an arguement to show you have allowed for actual cost. Remember though, you do not have to give them it.

The choice is yours........

2) If your case gets to the stage of court action, AND ONLY IF IT DOES, then you may claim 8% interest on each and every charge made - this is also from the DAY the charge occured.

Use the spreadsheet in FAQ section (or the new online calculator) which works this out for you - very simple indeed.

3) Additionally, we can finally complicate matters by sticking on interest on a daily basis from the time the court case is started until settlement.

There is also a calculation for this in FAQs.

If you don't understand these, it is VITAL that you spend more reading through the FAQ section. You are either about to, or have already started, a legal process to recover funds from a large financial institution - do not do so lightly - even if the evidence suggests that it is an easy process.

Good luck to you all...!!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks for the in depth explanation....however could you explain why in the bank templates section under the "priliminary approach for repayment" thread it says in the letter

"What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX"

if you are telling me you dont apply for the 8% interest until court action why is this bit about interest in the prelim approach letter...

Because that part of the letter is referring to the overdraft interest which you can claim (point 1 above).

• 2 weeks later...

received letter from them saying that they would provide the infomation by 27th may

today i received all my transactions for my closed bank account from 1993 to august 2004 which is good however...

when i handed in my dpa letter i asked for the last 6 years of transactions on my credit card. in the dpa letter i put my credit card number. the list of transactions i received for this card only goes back to january 2005. i phoned them up and after convincing the guy i had a credit card with them since 1997 he looked into it and discovered that in december 2004 my credit card was upgraded from a standard card to a classic card. this standard card had a different number and they wouldnt tell me what the number was for this card. he said though that maybe th infomation will turn up sometime.

so my question is.... because i only requested infomation for my current card should they give me all infomation held on me regardless if i only requested infomation for this current card??

hoping this makes sense:D

today i received all my transactions for my closed bank account from 1993 to august 2004 which is good however...

when i handed in my dpa letter i asked for the last 6 years of transactions on my credit card. in the dpa letter i put my credit card number. the list of transactions i received for this card only goes back to january 2005. i phoned them up and after convincing the guy i had a credit card with them since 1997 he looked into it and discovered that in december 2004 my credit card was upgraded from a standard card to a classic card. this standard card had a different number and they wouldnt tell me what the number was for this card. he said though that maybe th infomation will turn up sometime.

so my question is.... because i only requested infomation for my current card should they give me all infomation held on me regardless if i only requested infomation for this current card??

hoping this makes sense:D

If you have given specific account numbers then they will only supply that information, it is hard enough getting anything from them, for them to supply anything else would involve them actually thinking and doing something ;)

so how do i go about geting infomation for my pre upgraded card which when they wont tell me the numbe????r

so how do i go about geting infomation for my pre upgraded card which when they wont tell me the numbe????r

You need to send the DPA but where you would put the account number, you need to give them as much info as possible - eg date of birth, address at the time you had the card, you could include a copy of your passport as supporting id, they then have no excuse not to supply the information. :)

You need to send the DPA but where you would put the account number, you need to give them as much info as possible - eg date of birth, address at the time you had the card, you could include a copy of your passport as supporting id, they then have no excuse not to supply the information. :)

I think I would use the term 'Credit Card Account No. XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX and all its predecessors' - it should cover the change of account numbers.

Cheers.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

ive found the relevent cardnumber because in the infomation provided in the transactions on my closed current account it shows the number for the direct debit paid to the card...

this week..

spoke to halifax regarding missing statements...today i received some of the missing ones. i called back and asked why some were still missing. they called back within the hour to say that the remaining missing ones were when my card changed numbers.. they said the remaining missing ones would be sent out this afternoon and was also told they would credit my account with 50 quid because they made a mistake transfering balances 4 years ago!!!!!

my statements received so far, bar the missing ones go back to 1997.. can i claim back that far????

hmmm should have read faq answer is no lol

i first requested 6 years of info via the dpa route and they took 40 days exactly to provide me with all details..

i now have statements going back to 1997.

i need a figure for my prelim letter. do i go back 6 years from the date when i first asked for statements 40 days ago or go back 6 years from today when i write up my prelim letter

quick advice needed as want to finish it now

many thanks

• 1 month later...

things have now moved along and since handing in my prelom letter they offered me £100:evil: :evil:

so handed in my lba on 5th and onto the next stage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks